Recent Topics

Ads

content questions

Let's talk about... everything else
banecrow

content questions

Post#1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 pm

So I played the game years ago and just found out about this server. My question is did they fix the content? I remember after level 25ish there was not much content in the game for higher level toons.

Ads
istvar

Re: content questions

Post#2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:41 pm

WAR is/should be played with a focus on PvP if you want any long term enjoyment out of the game.
If you want "content" i would suggest other MMO's that have more to offer on that front

Bowldancer

Post#3 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Not sure what you mean by content.
Everybody has a different interpretation of that. I feel there is sufficient gear progression atm. For me a lack of content is that renown ranks after 80 are irrelevant.

(i) Forts and City sieges were implemented
(ii) Devs added Dungeons and continue to do so
(iii) Devs organize Events ( weekends and seasonal )
(iv) They introduced a dueling area
(v) They work on class balance
(vi) Gear progression is currently up to Warlord/ Sovereign
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Omegus

Post#4 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:18 pm

banecrow wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 pm So I played the game years ago and just found out about this server. My question is did they fix the content? I remember after level 25ish there was not much content in the game for higher level toons.
I don't remember level 25 onwards having less content on live, but anyway. In ROR you have:

PVE:

1) Open world PvE up to rank 40. The final PVE chapters (chapter 22) in each zone now have a hard public quest that has been reworked to require an entire warband to clear and it drops pieces from a specific armour set along with high level talismans.
2) Dungeons. Gunbad, city dungeons and Bastion Stair are now all rank 40 dungeons (I believe bolster is in place for Gunbad allowing people to do it earlier? Not 100% sure). On live Gunbad was a rank 30-ish dungeon and Bastion Stair was mid-30s. Lost Vale and Land of the Dead have yet to be added. These dungeons drop good armour sets, although the power curve is beginning to leave them behind now that Warlord and Sovereign has been added. Some of the best weapons in the game are currently from Bastion Stair.
3) Tome of Knowledge unlock hunting for those who like that kind of thing.

PVP:

1) Open world PVP ("the campaign") in all 4 tiers. Tiers 2-4 are merged into one large campaign. Fortress fights are implemented which were disabled on live. Cities are also implemented and currently drop tokens for the best gear (Sovereign) but it's PVP based and can be very competitive. No empty city instances unlike live. Many high-end armour sets to be collected from Open World PVP.
2) Scenarios. Instanced battlegrounds from 12v12 up to 24v24, although you can only queue as a 6-man. Rewards you with tokens for scenario armour sets and weapons. The armour sets are a bit lacklusture these days but the weapons are good.
3) "Ranked Scenarios". Not your normal scenarios at all, but actually ranked 6v6 deathmatch. Promoted as an upgrade from scenarios. Mostly dead as most people don't like 6v6 deathmatch. Gives access to higher levels of armour sets that are duplicates of some of the Open RVR ones but then made slightly better.
4) A brand new cross-realm dueling/testing arena was recently added
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

istvar

Post#5 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Bowldancer wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:58 pm Not sure what you mean by content.
Everybody has a different interpretation of that. I feel there is sufficient gear progression atm. For me a lack of content is that renown ranks after 80 are irrelevant.

(i) Forts and City sieges were implemented
(ii) Devs added Dungeons and continue to do so
(iii) Devs organize Events ( weekends and seasonal )
(iv) They introduced a dueling area
(v) They work on class balance
(vi) Gear progression is currently up to Warlord/ Sovereign
(i) fort/city are both gated and not available 24/7
(ii) there is less dungeons than there was on live and once u got your set dungeons become largely irrelevant
(iii) events are basicly just a normal scen that awards extra renown and a token pocket item, no real new content per se
(iv) they did
(v) i guess you can call it that
(vi) correct, but gear =/= content to me

i love the game and have been playing since live, i play to pvp and thats where i get my satisfaction.
at lvl 40 you replay the same scenarios and rvr in the same few RvR zones, which is fine by me, but it by no means is a whole heap of different content
again i am not complaining i am just being honest about the lack of playable content when compared to most other mmos, read dungeons/raids

Stophy22

Post#6 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:12 am

it goes up to t4 now, there are pros and cons about whats good and whats bad. Spend some time on the server and your opinion will sway toward the light or darkness...
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x