Recent Topics

Ads

Vanquisher Medallions

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Vanquisher Medallions

Post#1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:42 am

Is there a reason I need 901 of these for a set but only 220 Invaders ? I will be in Invader before Vanq at this rate and many others I have spoken to are in the same boat.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Tamarlan

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:59 am

You get items from ORVR bags. Simply buy the last remaining piece with medals. Further you get up to 20 medals for a single zone flip.
Fail to see a reason to complain.

Apparently you must live in a different time zone where forts and cities happen regulary.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

havartii

Post#3 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 am

20 per zone flip?? Never been close to that, you must be an exceptional player. I am not complaining, I just don't understand it. And yes i have had a lot of time to play lately so at least 2 forts and a city, sometimes 2 a day. Wont last much longer as I have to go back to work soon.

Noslock

Post#4 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:16 am

havartii wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:42 am Is there a reason I need 901 of these for a set but only 220 Invaders ? I will be in Invader before Vanq at this rate and many others I have spoken to are in the same boat.
Vanq drop from kills in rvr is that a good enuff reason for you?Get in a guild,tell the leader to put you in party with full geared people like i did,ask them to pass on vanq and farm ur 200 vanq each wb raid you do.Plus vanq prices dropped few patches ago and now its even easier to get full set.
Last edited by Noslock on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

RuffRyder

Post#5 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:21 am

That’s probably the first time seeing someone mentioning Vanquisher was harder to obtain than Invader, even considering the changes of level and ToK requirements we have nowadays.

For both you need to contribute in the current zone/fort, while besides even getting into a fort plus contributing enough inside is harder than doing in general RvR for Vanq.

With personal bag bonus and roll in a RvR zone, given you have at least participated in a keep fight, soloed some folks and/or ran a few supplies you will always get a bag roll, with accumulating bonuses you will get gold bags on a regular basis, especially when playing a lot. Best case is after a City ended, since the T2/3 zones lock very quickly in most cases.

I personally started grinding oRvR for Royal Crests because cities were too unreliable to get, and getting bags from zone-jumping is very easy even as solo/PuG. Unless you are very unlucky with duplicates in the bags, Vanq is a matter of a few weeks given 2-3 hours 5 days a week, while Invader took me months, not to mention Warlord or Sov.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

havartii

Post#6 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:26 pm

When I was leveling my zealot I would get random mail with vanq in it.. Now I am doing my shaman.. never got anything like that. Gold bag has 5 and is rng so you need to be lucky for that . And maybe 20 vanq drop split between warband per zone , and that is random too. Maybe I'm just unlucky? Some of the real good groups could make more I'm sure, I am basing these numbers off pugs. Maybe they have stopped with the personal bag bonus? Maybe that's what I am missing? Anyways thank you for the advice.

Noslock

Post#7 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:32 pm

The random bag u get its cause u participated in the zone but were offline when zone locked and still happen .

doxifera

Post#8 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 pm

It’s easy to get a Vanq, you collect a set from gold bags, you buy the rest for medals. This is not the eternal grind of the Inv and Sov.
And the fact that there are people who get Sov for a month says in poor awards design for participating in the Campaign - the majority is pushing the Campaign, the minority is getting rewards. For an ordinary player, one set takes 5+ months.

Ads
Noslock

Post#9 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:55 pm

doxifera wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 pm It’s easy to get a Vanq, you collect a set from gold bags, you buy the rest for medals. This is not the eternal grind of the Inv and Sov.
And the fact that there are people who get Sov for a month says in poor awards design for participating in the Campaign - the majority is pushing the Campaign, the minority is getting rewards. For an ordinary player, one set takes 5+ months.
Imagine gettin 3 sets in 3 months

doxifera

Post#10 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Noslock wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:55 pm
doxifera wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 pm It’s easy to get a Vanq, you collect a set from gold bags, you buy the rest for medals. This is not the eternal grind of the Inv and Sov.
Imagine gettin 3 sets in 3 months
Imagine gettin 3 sets in 1.3 year