Recent Topics

Ads

A dps shaman post

Let's talk about... everything else
Theguyoftomorrow

Re: A dps shaman post

Post#51 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:03 am

For anyone thinks that WL aren't over tuned read between the lines
"Cleave Limb (WL): Cooldown increased from 5s to 10s, duration reduced from 10s to 5s. This makes it mirror the snare abilities other mdps get." They actually took the overtune and normalized it, for how long was the slow overtuned??

There are many stuff that WL has, that are currently overtuned, due to people like "Sogeou" it's impossible to have proper civil conversations, the boy defends WL like it's his high school golden trophy, that he got by cheating.

I for starters would remove the root(m1) from WL, and nerf damage by 10%. This is what I see without actual numbers just out of my head, and test it out ofc.

Dps shaman has no chance of beating any proper AM, due to AMS cleansing shammies dots, and shaman can't, if the AM is good it will just try to out last the shammie and win the 1v1 encounter, in the video the AMS don't try to cleanse and out last but to nuke, which is a mistake. AMS need to just dot and selfheal = win vs shaman.
The nuking can work vs a shammy, if a shammy is a nuker himself, in the video the shammy doesn't use a nuke build but a sustain&heal build, therefore for an AM to beat him, must use same tactics and then the shaman has 0% chance of achieving a victory.

Ads
komar9220

Post#52 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:54 am

Theguyoftomorrow wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:03 am For anyone thinks that WL aren't over tuned read between the lines
"Cleave Limb (WL): Cooldown increased from 5s to 10s, duration reduced from 10s to 5s. This makes it mirror the snare abilities other mdps get." They actually took the overtune and normalized it, for how long was the slow overtuned??

There are many stuff that WL has, that are currently overtuned, due to people like "Sogeou" it's impossible to have proper civil conversations, the boy defends WL like it's his high school golden trophy, that he got by cheating.

I for starters would remove the root(m1) from WL, and nerf damage by 10%. This is what I see without actual numbers just out of my head, and test it out ofc.

Dps shaman has no chance of beating any proper AM, due to AMS cleansing shammies dots, and shaman can't, if the AM is good it will just try to out last the shammie and win the 1v1 encounter, in the video the AMS don't try to cleanse and out last but to nuke, which is a mistake. AMS need to just dot and selfheal = win vs shaman.
The nuking can work vs a shammy, if a shammy is a nuker himself, in the video the shammy doesn't use a nuke build but a sustain&heal build, therefore for an AM to beat him, must use same tactics and then the shaman has 0% chance of achieving a victory.
Who do you think is the best am?
i kill him :D
Best kotbs alive

Theguyoftomorrow

Post#53 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:42 am

komar9220 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:54 am
Theguyoftomorrow wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:03 am For anyone thinks that WL aren't over tuned read between the lines

What difference does it make ? Any AM that will play correctly with the right amount of gear to compete ofc, you won't have any chance of defeating him, the only AMS you defeat the ones that make the mistakes.
I see you're mixing 3 sets, meaning you use less int renown, and put more for defensive DD/FS on the other hand you get disrupted more often, in any case a proper AM will beat you.
just for the sake of the argument in my opinion Telen is the best AM, but again any AM can beat you as long as the specific AM plays correctly.

komar9220

Post#54 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:53 am

Theguyoftomorrow wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:42 am

What difference does it make ? Any AM that will play correctly with the right amount of gear to compete ofc, you won't have any chance of defeating him, the only AMS you defeat the ones that make the mistakes.
I see you're mixing 3 sets, meaning you use less int renown, and put more for defensive DD/FS on the other hand you get disrupted more often, in any case a proper AM will beat you.
just for the sake of the argument in my opinion Telen is the best AM, but again any AM can beat you as long as the specific AM plays correctly.
New vid coming soon, and i kill telen with full hp
Best kotbs alive

Theguyoftomorrow

Post#55 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:30 am

komar9220 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:53 am
Theguyoftomorrow wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:42 am

New vid coming soon, and i kill telen with full hp
Okay show me the video, and we will see if Telen made mistakes :)
Maybe Telen is in nuking build, and you have the heal/sustain build and he tries to nuke you instead of playing safe, let's see the video so we can judge :)

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#56 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:19 am

Two hots, Toughness debuff, Toughness hot, Intel steal, Resist debuff on their heal tree from puddle. Shaman will beat an AM if they spec defensively as they have better debuffs, buffs and heal over time. Problem is most Shaman go for nuking instead of going into their amazing heal tree. Theres a big stat difference once you have all your self buffs and steal up. Its the reason the intel steal dot was taken away on live as nothing could beat them.
Telen runs EoV, DE and arcing power thats how he gets healing on a dps build.

sogeou

Post#57 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:21 pm

Grimfang wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:19 am Two hots, Toughness debuff, Toughness hot, Intel steal, Resist debuff on their heal tree from puddle. Shaman will beat an AM if they spec defensively as they have better debuffs, buffs and heal over time. Problem is most Shaman go for nuking instead of going into their amazing heal tree. Theres a big stat difference once you have all your self buffs and steal up. Its the reason the intel steal dot was taken away on live as nothing could beat them.
The shaman problem is all pure dps shaman are bad, and it is a learn to play issue and their spec is bad. The shaman in the video is better than all those DPS shaman because they don't want to be mix spec and only want to pew pew. If you want to play like that, you will get bursted down and die.

sogeou

Post#58 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:22 pm

komar9220 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 am
sogeou wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 pm
ActAppalled wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm

I don't know the other AMs he fought but the 2nd AM is actually pretty good and I see them roaming/winning many of their fights. Maybe they are not the server best AM but definitely not "trash".
I agree, both those AM's are not bad. I seen them both other there winning most times. But, that said I am happy I kill that shaman all the time. Someone needs to keep those dirty shaman in line.
U nickname?
I don't remember being me killed 1v1
I will jump on your dead body next time.

Ads
Theguyoftomorrow

Post#59 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:21 pm
Grimfang wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:19 am Two hots, Toughness debuff, Toughness hot, Intel steal, Resist debuff on their heal tree from puddle. Shaman will beat an AM if they spec defensively as they have better debuffs, buffs and heal over time. Problem is most Shaman go for nuking instead of going into their amazing heal tree. Theres a big stat difference once you have all your self buffs and steal up. Its the reason the intel steal dot was taken away on live as nothing could beat them.
The shaman problem is all pure dps shaman are bad, and it is a learn to play issue and their spec is bad. The shaman in the video is better than all those DPS shaman because they don't want to be mix spec and only want to pew pew. If you want to play like that, you will get bursted down and die.
Says the guy that is playing a broken class that literally teleports and obliterates people in 2-3 seconds, regardless of your class spec build, unless you're a freaking tank(s&b), or getting caught in a pre detaunt, then the obliterate will happen in 5-6 seconds.
Why is WL a bursty class anyway?
Order faction:
Slayer sustain aoe mostly can solo damage too,
ASW- Burst melee
WH - Burst
Why is WL a bursty teleporter?

Destro faction:
WE - burst
MSH-?? sustain
Choppa-sustain/solo
Mara-?? Sustain/Little burst/Aoe

WL should be a tank melee class- with sustained damage period. and then your teleporting can be justified and you'll be similiar to an MSH.
Just because a class is build in a certain way, doesn't make this okay, Read between the lines "- Cleave Limb (WL): Cooldown increased from 5s to 10s, duration reduced from 10s to 5s. This makes it mirror the snare abilities other mdps get" clearly says "guys the slow have been over tuned for years, sorry, let's normalize it", but that's really nothing, WL shouldn't have this kind of burst to begin with. Instead fix WH whatever is needed, and there you go balance.

Now about AMS and Sco the shaman in the video.
The guy is a good player, and I got the build from him, but he is making mistakes in my opinion
He is mixing 3 sets, which gives you 0 benefits whatsoever, you don't need that extra int bonus, extra set bonus from warlord much more beneficial with mixing 3 sets you don't get the less chance to be disrupted by 6% (warlord 4 piece bonus) +sweet 99 magic power :). He also either has wounds talis or wounds renown, in any case if he has wounds renown he has no DD which I don't think is good, if he has wounds talis then he has half wounds renown, and then half DD which might work I haven't tested.
If he has full wounds renown and no DD, I don't see the use of extra 700 hp vs full DD, if it's half & half haven't tested myself.

The only way to counter AMS as I see it, is getting maxed DD on your renown build, anyhow a similiar AM with your build and playstyle should counter you, for the simple fact your damage comes from dots in this build, AM can cleanse those dots, that's it, silence shaman, cleanse dots, play defensively and ap drain him, what else can the shammy do? run away or die, eventually the battle should be won by the AM.

sogeou

Post#60 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:59 pm

Theguyoftomorrow wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm
Says the guy that is playing a broken class that literally teleports and obliterates people in 2-3 seconds, regardless of your class spec build, unless you're a freaking tank(s&b), or getting caught in a pre detaunt, then the obliterate will happen in 5-6 seconds.
Why is WL a bursty class anyway?
Order faction:
Slayer sustain aoe mostly can solo damage too,
ASW- Burst melee
WH - Burst
Why is WL a bursty teleporter?

Destro faction:
WE - burst
MSH-?? sustain
Choppa-sustain/solo
Mara-?? Sustain/Little burst/Aoe

Anyone who dies in 2-3 seconds is doing something wrong and should look to find out what their issue is. Melee SW is not burst as you say, they hit a few moves to do their damage. The way burst is used is via pets and other things which the mSH / WL do best.

The fact you listed mSH as sustain damage is funny. mSH has the same weakness as the WL. Just the WL has some tactics which help their dumb pet and stances which buff them and makes them live longer. But, if you don't play both classes or sides you will never know. Only WL's killing people are fast are BiS WL's kill mostly people in bad spots or under geared. Or killing the class their counter.