Ads

A dps shaman post

Let's talk about... everything else
shoelessHN

Re: A dps shaman post

Post#41 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:44 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:09 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:58 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:19 pm Shaman have it easy as there is only one class which can kill them where AM's has like 4-5 classes that are dangerous.
Being curious which classes you have in mind.

Choppa's, Mara's, mSH, DPS's Shaman, NGL type Magus' , WE's not named Echo. Those are much more dangerous fights than what the Shaman as to deal with via super easy kiting tactics. AM's was better when it was live and there was Odjira and puddle was in a good spot, plus the DPS shaman buffs to make it better having another dot. Shaman still really only have one real dangerous class to face.

Maybe you should find the cleanse button on that AM.

Ads
ActAppalled

Post#42 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:08 pm

raistomen wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm >hyperbolic
>WL ae spec loses all utility

right....

go play a sorc and talk about AE without utility
I mean yeah, what other utility does WL get in AoE spec besides the interrupt which I did mention? Sorc at least has more AoE tools than an interruptable Whirling axe channel (which, being in melee range, gets interrupted constantly against good teams) and is on a 13 sec cooldown, the low damage 15 feet AoE interrupt (on a 10 sec CD) and a cleave ... that's literally it for WL AoE.

raistomen

Post#43 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:26 pm

ActAppalled wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:08 pm
raistomen wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm >hyperbolic
>WL ae spec loses all utility

right....

go play a sorc and talk about AE without utility
I mean yeah, what other utility does WL get in AoE spec besides the interrupt which I did mention? Sorc at least has more AoE tools than an interruptable Whirling axe channel (which, being in melee range, gets interrupted constantly against good teams) and is on a 13 sec cooldown, the low damage 15 feet AoE interrupt (on a 10 sec CD) and a cleave ... that's literally it for WL AoE.

well , since you view your utlity with such dismissiveness im sur you wouldnt mind if sorc had a teleport and pull, and runspeed, and minitaunt ontop of ae detaunt, and more armor by deault, all in the AE spec. Now if they go single target they can pick up heal debuff or knockdown , actually you know what lets just go ahead and give them KD if they want to, or a choice between KD and an execute. yeah, oh and they can break roots every now and then.

we are done here
Last edited by raistomen on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ActAppalled

Post#44 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:48 pm

raistomen wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:26 pm
ActAppalled wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:08 pm I mean yeah, what other utility does WL get in AoE spec besides the interrupt which I did mention? Sorc at least has more AoE tools than an interruptable Whirling axe channel (which, being in melee range, gets interrupted constantly against good teams) and is on a 13 sec cooldown, the low damage 15 feet AoE interrupt (on a 10 sec CD) and a cleave ... that's literally it for WL AoE.

well , since you view your utlity with such dismissiveness im sur you wouldnt mind if sorc had a teleport and pull, and runspeed, and minitaunt ontop of ae detaunt, and more armor by deault, all in the AE spec. Now if they go single target they can pick up heal debuff and knockdown , actually you know what lets just go ahead and give them KD if they want to, or a choice between KD and an execute. yeah, oh and they can break roots every now and then.

we are done here
Teleport to mirror pounce? mSH has that and as I explained WL loses pull in AoE spec, Mara keeps theirs though. Every melee in this game gets runspeed, AE detaunt, root break and the same armour in AE spec, what exactly is your point trying to compare Sorc to WL now? Let's compare apples to apples please.
The only reason I posted was to show that the grass isn't greener and the AoE spec of WL is actually not that remarkable at all (Mara, mSH and Choppa bring more with their respective AoE specs as I pointed out).

As for your single target example... you can't take both the KD and Healing debuff on WL unless you give up pounce, you are the perfect example of the bad faith arguments used, claiming the class is OP as if it had access to all 3 specs at once and their respective abilities. All you have done is repeatedly show your lack of knowledge with regards to WL and haven't made one good point or counter argument. Sadly we get people like you screaming on the forums daily for nerfs and half assed balance suggestions without even having basic level game knowledge, I don't envy the devs at all ...

Oh and yes I do hope you are done embarassing yourself, toodles.

komar9220

Post#45 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:10 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:09 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:58 pm
Being curious which classes you have in mind.

Choppa's, Mara's, mSH, DPS's Shaman, NGL type Magus' , WE's not named Echo. Those are much more dangerous fights than what the Shaman as to deal with via super easy kiting tactics. AM's was better when it was live and there was Odjira and puddle was in a good spot, plus the DPS shaman buffs to make it better having another dot. Shaman still really only have one real dangerous class to face.
Engineer is more dangerous to shaman, than magus is towards archmage, due to inability to cleanse.
Choppa is no issue for dps AM and choppa only has a slight chance, if fight starts at melee range and/or CC is on cooldown.
Dps shaman can't kill dps AM. Shaman will lose over time, if he keeps attacking but wouldn't die, if he just kites away.
WH/WE fight outcomes depend on CC timing and unlucky disrupts. Dps Sham/AM without puddle are significantly easier to kill for them.
Lol "Dps shaman can't kill dps AM"
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=38427
Best kotbs alive

Sulorie

Post#46 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 pm

komar9220 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Sorry to bring this to you but those were trash AMs.
Dying is no option.

ActAppalled

Post#47 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 pm

I don't know the other AMs he fought but the 2nd AM is actually pretty good and I see them roaming/winning many of their fights. Maybe they are not the server best AM but definitely not "trash".

Sulorie

Post#48 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:45 pm

ActAppalled wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm

I don't know the other AMs he fought but the 2nd AM is actually pretty good and I see them roaming/winning many of their fights. Maybe they are not the server best AM but definitely not "trash".
The spec he uses on shaman is no "dps spec", as it lacks about 50% damage compared to a full dps spec shaman. In a group fight with heals around you will have problems to put out enough pressure.
For soloing on the other hand it is pretty decent to spec left and right path.
Looking at the resist buff should tell, that the shaman uses no standard max dps spec, so he can outlast a glass cannon (-40% heal) dps am, especially with detaunt tactic. The moment you notice it, you make a decision, adjust your tactics or move along.
Dying is no option.

Ads
sogeou

Post#49 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 pm

I agree, both those AM's are not bad. I seen them both other there winning most times. But, that said I am happy I kill that shaman all the time. Someone needs to keep those dirty shaman in line.

komar9220

Post#50 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 am

sogeou wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 pm
I agree, both those AM's are not bad. I seen them both other there winning most times. But, that said I am happy I kill that shaman all the time. Someone needs to keep those dirty shaman in line.
U nickname?
I don't remember being me killed 1v1
Best kotbs alive