Recent Topics

Ads

What is a ranged shadow warriors role meant to be exactly?

Let's talk about... everything else
anarchypark

Re: What is a ranged shadow warriors role meant to be exactly?

Post#31 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:37 am

have you even tried new skills?
I'm trying skirmish with 280ping ( that's +- 10ft disadvantage imo )
to see if your complains are legitimate.

full skirmish and i took guerilla training, else no where to invest.
didn't expect much due to community feedback.
what a shock,
now i can run like shaman, almost permanently.
nice feedback whiners.

dmg seems low but that's balance between survival and kill power.
in full kite survival build low dmg is acceptable. like survival build shaman.

full dps build need guard/heal.
I was gonna leave it to others. but probably it'll be another whine feedback so I'll keep testing.
guess i have to farm last invader jewel b4 weapon.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
agemennon675

Post#32 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:50 pm

Xergon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:57 am and another one...

why ppl cant understand how to play this game...

what ppl except really ? ye before u could play kiting Skirmish Solo Pepega mode, killing other solo classes who has no gap closer... ye super fun to play...

ppl need to understand this is group play based game, and as such, with current changes u can make SW work in every spec. How?

Scout - gained buff with GlassArrow procs which provide additional burst, to what was already pretty strong dmg, FesteringArrow bomb, now imagine roaming as 3-4 SWs, coordinating bomb on same target, u can kill basically any target if u do it properly, its like playing Mobile Engi Sniper squad !

Assault - minor buff to what was already very strong (if not strongest) spec for SW in small scale, spec works very well in 6v6 scenarios and such

Skirmish - your current AoE spec, now u have option to deal a lot AoE pressure with dots (BHA+FA), on top of that u have AoE burst from Barrage+SFA (which got -30% nerf removed on AoE), sure its maybe not same as BW/Slayer (although i would even argue with that, cuz with proper use of FM u can actually deal immense amount of DMG while not being interrupted) but atleast now u are not dead weight if u join WB. Oh, they even gave 25% arm pen tactic (350 weapon skill).
As skirmish u can do nice AoE dmg, but u really start shining when u get synergy with WW from SM, procs buffs from BW and WP.

Ofc, i hope its not end of changes, cuz there is still missing something in AoE spec, like LileathArrow atm is completly useless ability, neither it does enough/more dmg than Barrage or SFA, neither its usable w/o ExpertSkirmish tactic.
This is a joke right, That alot of aoe pressure/aoe burst/immense amount of aoe dmg is like 1/3 of a WE/WH aoe before their tactic got ''fixed'', dont bring a SW to a warband for their immense amount of dmg lol
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

jaxamillian
Suspended

Post#33 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 pm

We can end this thread now, one guy saying SW doing massive aoe dmg, and another guy saying SW are the new improved kiting shaman. The delusion levels are through the roof.

Sabertooth

Post#34 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:43 pm

They should bring back the class as it was at the beginning, very funny and particular, now it doesn't even make sense to play it as it is deprived of all those skills and ranges that distinguished it, the whiners will always be there, it's part of the game, I had to complain about everyone those who killed me would never end

Foofmonger

Post#35 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:33 pm
jaxamillian wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:09 am I think the SW changes can be summed up by looking at one thing, the unchanged r4 morale in scout, which does LESS damage than the BASE r4, and takes twice the time to do it.....lol

FEAR THE MASSIVE 2190 AOE OVER TEN SECONDS. (HUGE 20 FOOT RADIUS)

complete lack of attention to detail overall, just revert everything and start again.
We haven't touched morales because the rest of the classes also have pretty bad spec morales. That's a whole different project.

Keep yelling into the wind with the "revert everything". That's not going to happen. Better to make some constructive comments on what can reasonably change with the direction we're moving in.
Might want to just straight up buff the psm scaling on the 65ft skirm abilities to increase the "risk vs reward". If the goal is not let the specs cannibalize each other, then ensuring that skirm can do enough aoe damage to be competitive is key. The goal would be to use skirm similarly to an engie or bw close range aoe spec I would assume, with Scout being the long ranged ST burst option.

Aspia

Post#36 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Skirmish SW
65ft Range isn't very much for the middling damage the AoE Skirmish Spec can put out. You're far too close to getting GTTC puled and you won't even be alive when you land, and you're in range of ALL of their casters.
I'd either up the Range to 75 or 85 ft, Increase the damage dramatically to make it worth being able to be insta gibbed, and/or make whirling pin into an instant (read, no prior animation) backflip that gives you immunity for the duration of the leap.

Assault SW
Seems fine tbh, it does what it does well.

Scout SW
Make Eagle eye build up while moving
or increase the cast time and dramatically increase the damage on Festering arrow (makes is useless on the move, makes you vulnerable whilst casting)
or leave everything as is, an just up the damage a bit on most abilities (in scout stance) to make standing still worth while
or up the range even more (120+ ft Standard) on scout stance

Xergon

Post#37 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Aspia wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:39 pm Skirmish SW
65ft Range isn't very much for the middling damage the AoE Skirmish Spec can put out. You're far too close to getting GTTC puled and you won't even be alive when you land, and you're in range of ALL of their casters.
I'd either up the Range to 75 or 85 ft, Increase the damage dramatically to make it worth being able to be insta gibbed, and/or make whirling pin into an instant (read, no prior animation) backflip that gives you immunity for the duration of the leap.
So if GTTC is such cancer, i guess no one should play Slayer or BW then ?
You know that proper AoE BW is basically a Melee Casting DPS in proper BW ? he use basically only 2 range abilities just to poke but proper aoe dmg burst comes from melee range abilities on that class...

Crazy enough i know some groups who play those with success, must be bug or miracle i guess...

Your comment is just another example of SOLO PUG thinking player who has no idea what DPS class can do with proper support behind...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

agemennon675

Post#38 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:56 pm

I hope they consider making SW as viable as SH on every aspect of the game as a dps class, I dont think more suggestions are needed at this point
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Aspia

Post#39 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Do educate me on how my SOLO PUG thinking fails, instead of just snark behind ellipses.
(Genuinely, point out where and why I am wrong) Also correct me if I'm wrong here, but a BW could spam Fiery Blast and so the same if not more damage from 20 foot further way
I never play solo pug really, unless City.

Slayer should have HOT going all the time and healer keeping a close eye. Melee BW does WAY more damage, and thus the risk is worth it.

GTTC is not Cancer, but I am dead, every time I get hit by it, and every time I get hit by it, I'm pulled because you cannot defend from it. Notice, I wasn't calling it cancer, I was calling it as the biggest threat.

Manatikik

Post#40 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:11 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:42 pm
Aspia wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:39 pm Skirmish SW
So if GTTC is such cancer, i guess no one should play Slayer or BW then ?
You know that proper AoE BW is basically a Melee Casting DPS in proper BW ? he use basically only 2 range abilities just to poke but proper aoe dmg burst comes from melee range abilities on that class...

Crazy enough i know some groups who play those with success, must be bug or miracle i guess...

Your comment is just another example of SOLO PUG thinking player who has no idea what DPS class can do with proper support behind...
Except the damage is low. There's no way to beat around the bush; SW AoE damage is bad. Barrage is a nice tool but you're essentially giving up a DPS spot for 1/3 uptime (at best) Morale Drain (unless its full Warlord so it can do ASW/Barrage; which I'm pretty sure I'm the only one doing this).

SW is bad, its ok.
<Montague><Capulet>