Recent Topics

Ads

Are Shadow Warrior changes done and done?

Let's talk about... everything else
Karl

Are Shadow Warrior changes done and done?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:59 pm

HIya, been a lot of talk about the current state of SW, both on forum and in game; We needed some love, we got it and then i was taken away and left us (well, some of us) sort of brokenhearted.

I havn't seen any feedback from devs on the matter - are changes final and matter is closed and is this the new normal that we need to relate too?

Kind regards
K

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Are Shadow Warrior changes done and done?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:00 pm

Karl wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:59 pm HIya, been a lot of talk about the current state of SW, both on forum and in game; We needed some love, we got it and then i was taken away and left us (well, some of us) sort of brokenhearted.

I havn't seen any feedback from devs on the matter - are changes final and matter is closed and is this the new normal that we need to relate too?

Kind regards
K
Eh, for now I think they (Warg if i am not mistaken was the mastermind behind this and keeping tabs on it) will probably keep adjusting Barrage/Glass Arrow until they get it into a spot they think it right. But more than likely we won't see any significant changes past what has been made for the foreseeable future.
<Montague><Capulet>

Kobra
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Just a few more nerfs, and then on to White Lion for down-tuning and the game will be in a pretty good spot I think.

Raldoran

Post#4 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Basically they gave us a buff and Destro cried so much that they immediately changed and returned SW to their broken state

Kobra
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:10 am

Raldoran wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm Basically they gave us a buff and Destro cried so much that they immediately changed and returned SW to their broken state
They are good now, just not overpowered and ruining the game. I mean, do you really think it was OK for BA to tick for 500 in T1 when people have 2K or less HP? No, no... No. Right now a good played, well geared SW is dangerous. But before, legions of level 20-30 SW's were tearing people to shreds in tier 4, and that was flat out broken.

Now things are back to a reasonable level. SW is good, not broken. Legions of Legolas wannabes have all went back to their other classes, while people that know how to play SW can still wreck you, people that played them all along. Not the kids who quickly rolled one up to take advantage of what was broken. Some normalcy has returned to the universe. They really need to do some of that to WL's, and then the game balance will feel really really good IMO.

jvlosky

Post#6 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:26 am

Kobra wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:10 am
Raldoran wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm Basically they gave us a buff and Destro cried so much that they immediately changed and returned SW to their broken state
They are good now, just not overpowered and ruining the game. I mean, do you really think it was OK for BA to tick for 500 in T1 when people have 2K or less HP? No, no... No. Right now a good played, well geared SW is dangerous. But before, legions of level 20-30 SW's were tearing people to shreds in tier 4, and that was flat out broken.

Now things are back to a reasonable level. SW is good, not broken. Legions of Legolas wannabes have all went back to their other classes, while people that know how to play SW can still wreck you, people that played them all along. Not the kids who quickly rolled one up to take advantage of what was broken. Some normalcy has returned to the universe. They really need to do some of that to WL's, and then the game balance will feel really really good IMO.

You can always tell a post by a salty Destro by them finding a way to always bring up WL lmao.

Everyone rolled a SW to see how the changes were, just like when there were a **** ton of Marauder after that rework, and there will be a **** ton of Squig Herders after that rework. It is what humans do seeing as the only way to really see what the changes are and to see if they were any good/bad is to play the class.

Same with with Marauder, except those were actual buffs and you had and still have a bunch of Marauders that were made and stick around after that. Talk about getting a buff. SW was pretty decent and super clunky after the rework and got nerfed back into obscurity due to - what seems to be - them succumbing to Destro complainers again.

But yes, T1 is so important, especially considering it is literally less than a fraction of your playtime if you gear a chracter. After the rework the most SWs I had in my city group at one time was 2 and now adays it is back to 0. Can you say the same about Marauder (with whom the class mechanically resembles) or melee squig herder (which is supposed to be the class counter but is actually viable in city).

Kobra
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:17 am

Experience in T1 is critical, because it's new players first exposure to the game.

How are they going to view the game when SW's kill them in 3 seconds? Not good.

jvlosky

Post#8 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:00 am

Kobra wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:17 am Experience in T1 is critical, because it's new players first exposure to the game.

You have a point, but measures could have been made to address issues in T1 without nerfing SW back into obscurity.

Honesty on second thought I really agree with you, I think it would benefit the server to have a pass at each class and in what order you unlock abilities while you lvl for a better player experience. Some classes get all their tools at the end of the ranking process to 40.

Ads
UnspeakableOath

Post#9 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:26 am

Kobra wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:17 am Experience in T1 is critical, because it's new players first exposure to the game.

Probably the same way SW's view the game at 40 when they get killed in 3 seconds and can't really contribute.

Balancing based on T1 cannot have been the design intent. That's a fallacious argument.

anarchypark

Post#10 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:50 am

UnspeakableOath wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:26 am

Probably the same way SW's view the game at 40 when they get killed in 3 seconds and can't really contribute.

Balancing based on T1 cannot have been the design intent. That's a fallacious argument.

It seems every dps have a way to kill the target in 3sec.
I think it's no good for game.

fully understand that it's his own fault to play solo in mmo and get wrecked. and longer TTK maybe problem to funnel warfare.
but
give them at least chance to fight back.
3sec stun death is worst experience in gaming. no matter how that happens.
I hope it's no longer possible 3sec stun death in solo.
build grp, wb balance from there. give more synergy dmg if TTK is too long in WB.
longer fight is always fun than 1 sided quick battle. to both winner and loser.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)