Recent Topics

Ads

SOR ruins the game

Let's talk about... everything else
mytreds

Re: SOR ruins the game

Post#21 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am

You don’t like SoR because it sheds light on the xrealming issue.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#22 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:36 am

I don't know, on one hand I like it since it gives me the ability to see where the best ganking can be found, on the other hand I agree it kinda kills the surprises.
Like for example last night I was leading an 18man around Praag and the numbers were pretty similar, a bit in favour of order, while the other zones were dead even. Suddenly, order numbers dropped by about 30something but they didn't rise in the other ones so it was obvious that a single warband was trying to do something sneaky in PvE, which led us to ultimately find and wipe them even though they were probably waiting for us to go through normal paths in the lake and do the same to us.

warlover

Post#23 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Goermsi wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:48 pm Hey Folks!

I am really pissed off by the addon SOR and I say - it ruins our game.
SOR creates an even greater "avoidance of confrontation" than it could have been before. Nobody defends anymore when they see what kind of Zerg is roaring, and still others consciously join the masses because they can find them immediately through SOR. It's terrible to see people running after these masses - or guarding the mailbox when they realize that there is no flower pot to win in the Open.

I am not against a homogeneous overview of the contested areas. But do you have to give the exact number of players? Couldn't one also work with a ranking? A percentage? Anything that doesn't give away immediately "ha! here it will be easy for me" or "phew, I can't even reach the castle"

SOR has become an indicator of activity. People take a look at it and if nothing is going on then they don't seem to want to take the initiative to do something. But what would happen if the players were more consciously blinded again? Would they then go into the zones to take a closer look at what's happening?

I say with SOR we take the fun out of the game - make it less accurate or get rid of it. Prevents players from constantly "dodging" into other zones to avoid what Warhammer actually stands for - Player Vs. player.
I have been saying this in game for a long time now, SOR needs to go or at least be changed its like having a ROR 4 Dummys book on the screen please get rid of it soon Thank you

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#24 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi there.

We develop the SOR addon and support it. It's not being removed.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog