Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer vs Choppa

Let's talk about... everything else
Wodek

Slayer vs Choppa

Post#1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:10 am

Hi everyone

So I started a choppa few days ago and I must admit I'm having A LOT of fun slashing people with DA CHOPPA'S.

Now the thing is, I heard from some people that his mirror, the Slayer is much more strong and useful due to a skill called 'Rampage'.

That's why I would like to ask you guys (and girls) :
1) What are the main differences between the Choppa and the Slayer
2) Which one does have the most ST burst potential
3) Is it at endgame possible to build as a solo/small scale roamer, and if yes, who does it better.

Thank you all by advance!

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Re: Slayer vs Choppa

Post#2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:15 am

The most important difference between the Choppa and Slayer that you should care about is the next one...

..Slayer is a fatass naked ugly drunk midget, while the Choppa is a badass Ork that wears one of the most awesome cool looking sexy gear in the game.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Wodek

Post#3 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:33 pm

That's indeed a big advantage for the choppa in my eyes too!

But I mean, gameplay-wise tho :)

Kobra
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Slayer is stronger, especially with their tactic that seems to still be broken and give too high crit.

However as with all order toons, they look dumb.. Plain and simple.

jvlosky

Post#5 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:21 pm

They are pretty much the same, as far as Order and Destro mirrors they are pretty damn close.

The main thing ppl highlight as the difference is Destro complains about Slayers having Rampage

Order complains about Choppas having 'Git to Da Choppa'

ravezaar

Post#6 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Choppa is the stronger of the 2 but its close. If I were u I roll a Mara they beat both assuming u a Des player
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

phononHYPE

Post#7 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 pm

As you asked about single target burst, you will want 2hand (2h) as opposed to dual-wield (dw). Slayer 2h has a nice finisher that removes buffs and does extra damage for each buff removed, while choppa's version only does an outgoing heal debuff. Choppa's is a higher tool-tip, but I feel the slayer will balance out by way of everyone always having buffs that will be removed. In both cases, you will take the left tree (Troll Slayer/Da Savage) as your support tree up to the channel self-heal at rr70.

My advice if you stay choppa (and go 2h), get to Strength softcap, 1050, as soon as you can when your level 40, or as high as you can as you level. Next is wounds, as our mechanic will make us vulnerable by reducing armor/resists. Wounds is our biggest defence. Double up gear to get strength and wounds bonus (say, two 3pc sets). When your good on strength, get weapon skill to about 700 with Don't Wanna Live Foreva and talisman, maybe some rr points. For your rr points in general, all classes should be below 10% chance to be crit, which for us is usually Futile Strikes II or III. I favor being at or below 0% ctbc, so FS III is my minimum.

Here is a hard truth (that I still struggle with), we, more than almost any other class, need others to perform well. Find friendly tanks that will guard and stick to you. Add them to your friend list or mark them with the Enemy addon (tools.idrinth.de/ for all your addon needs). Get healing pots, you can double up on these too as crafted and those purchased with officer medals are on different cooldowns. Know which tanks or other classes buff and debuff, and try to hang out with those that compliment you. For me, I like those with armor debuffs (go do your homework here, its good to know other classes!).

Now practice handling your rage and your positional attacks (while using Flanking tactic), and your set. Good luck and good WAAAAGH!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

adapter
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:42 pm

Choppa has more survivality than the Slayer.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
StrongUn

Post#9 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:53 pm

Rampage: 100% Block/Parry avoidance for 20 seconds (30 seconds CD) 5 points on left tree only
absolutly broken, unique and OP skill, curiously order says nothing about it

Take a look some slayer videos (specially barracudas), you will understand better why slayers are "better"

StrongUn

Post#10 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:57 pm