Recent Topics

Ads

new player experience

Let's talk about... everything else
sagefoxwood

new player experience

Post#1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:51 am

so... how is the game going to continue if people just get trashed at lower levels by shadow warriors and white lions... dont you need people to play destro in order for the game to keep going??

i feel like lower level shadow warrior wasnt tuned at all...

Ads
Zymer

Re: new player experience

Post#2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:59 am

T1 they are fine after the changes this week.

I agree that for mid level scenarios that SW needs to have Glass Arrow moved to like 35+ skill level. They become very oppressive the moment they get this skill.

Jesden

Post#3 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:06 am

They aren't just trashed by shadow warriors and white lions...

We trashed them as a group of 14 engineers, a Rune Priest and an Iron Breaker last night.

Besides, its a change for Order to be the ones dominating T1.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:07 pm

Glass Arrow has further adjustments coming as well. It's currently proccing on any ranged damage source, and doesn't seem to be draining AP correctly as it modifies the ability, but is triggered on dealing damage for the AP drain. Damage doesn't use AP, so no drain is occurring. Sorting out implementation bugs is part of why we're an Alpha server and not some legitimate game service.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

devo76

Post#5 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:58 am

I just got into my first RvR at tier 1 tonight. Not fun at all to get swarmed by 8 order then get emoted on...as if it takes any skill to swarm one person.

So yeah, I get it about the new player experience...play order or get s*** on. It's not fun at all to just get trashed by overwhelming numbers. I'm with the OP. Doesn't the server need people to play Destruction?

jvlosky

Post#6 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:11 am

T4 is where the game really starts, fully gearing a character takes a dogs age so by the time you get to RR80 leveling was just a drop in the pan.

I would suggest finding which class you enjoy the most at this moment because like I said, gearing that toon takes forever, so you better enjoy the class you play if you plan on putting in the time investment.

Jesden

Post#7 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:41 am

devo76 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:58 am I just got into my first RvR at tier 1 tonight. Not fun at all to get swarmed by 8 order then get emoted on...as if it takes any skill to swarm one person.

So yeah, I get it about the new player experience...play order or get s*** on. It's not fun at all to just get trashed by overwhelming numbers. I'm with the OP. Doesn't the server need people to play Destruction?
You came in at a bad time for destro it seems. That was frequently happening to order, and similar sentiments expressed, till the SW changes, so I guess some folks are just giving as good as they got.

Alubert

Post#8 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:09 am

Its team play game. U fight alone against 8 SW?
Find tank and heal and will be fine.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
sagefoxwood

Post#9 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:07 pm Glass Arrow has further adjustments coming as well. It's currently proccing on any ranged damage source, and doesn't seem to be draining AP correctly as it modifies the ability, but is triggered on dealing damage for the AP drain. Damage doesn't use AP, so no drain is occurring. Sorting out implementation bugs is part of why we're an Alpha server and not some legitimate game service.
well im just glad its been looked at :)

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:01 pm

Alubert wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:09 am Its team play game. U fight alone against 8 SW?
Find tank and heal and will be fine.
This. :lol:
It's not like ANY 8 other players would trash a single opponent.
Dying is no option.