Recent Topics

Ads

City time must be fixed

Let's talk about... everything else
Manatikik

Re: City time must be fixed

Post#11 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:19 am

Who gets the City? The people who actually pushed the forts? Or the EU plebs who can't get anything done on their own? This idea is a cop out for people who are too lazy to form proper wbs (more than just one) and mass push multiple zones to get City; everyone wants to zerg to the zone that will fall so they can /afk and get free loot.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:42 am

The devs love the grind so wont any changes whatsoever. Opening a middle tier for 16 to 39 would solve a lot eu problems. 40 only t4 would have a managble population even if na number would suffer. But who wants lvl 16 in t4 they are worse than useless. Zone need to be split into 3 1 to 16 t1 16 to 39 mid tier 40+ t4 its worth trying if it doesnt work can also revert to the old. Present system will see players leave the game and effectively watch the game slowly die like it did on live.

xerudar

Post#13 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:28 am

Wam wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:15 pm
Honshu wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:02 pm
nanakaros wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:54 pm How can you fix something that is not broken? What about the rest of us who obtain full sovereign the "hard" way?
Imagine advocating for an awful grindy system just because you had to grind it so you feel the need for others to suffer as you have.

Gear rewards should be linked to weekly pvp quests, not some garbage content you have to get a discord bot to notify you of in the middle of the night.
technically you can farm sov without even doing cities if you hit alot of zones to get bags and defend many forts... the issue is stalemate during high population times like EU primetime where things generally even out so movement in the campaign comes to a halt and there is little easy zones like at off peak times.

A weekly quest would be a nice bonus feature as another layer on top of bags rng and forts, if it required some real effort and didn't overly reward... a better version of conq quests which was too buggy years ago.

No you cannot farm Sov. with out cities. There is a stalemate during EU primetime. I was doing RvR like 20.00 to 01.00 and see no zoneflip yesterday and its like 5 days or something its the same. if zones not locking how can you get rewards? I love this game and appriciate what the devs do. But if you play atleast 4-5 hours and get nothing will make people stop playing this game. We need something to promote gameplay with out thinking cities or throwing zones.

Foltestik

Post#14 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:17 am

you need to make contri in zones then when they lock you get your back to post dont need to be online ... and blue purple gold get your royal / invader

spookyspook

Post#15 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 am

I guess you folks that want easy invader and sov is WoW players and are used to be handed free epics.

Invader and Sov is supposed to be very hard to get. Would be even more boring if they were so easy to obtain.

Im happy with the current system tbh.
Deadlymupp

Scummy

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:42 am The devs love the grind so wont any changes whatsoever. Opening a middle tier for 16 to 39 would solve a lot eu problems. 40 only t4 would have a managble population even if na number would suffer. But who wants lvl 16 in t4 they are worse than useless. Zone need to be split into 3 1 to 16 t1 16 to 39 mid tier 40+ t4 its worth trying if it doesnt work can also revert to the old. Present system will see players leave the game and effectively watch the game slowly die like it did on live.
We're not entirely happy with how cities are resolved. Excluding most of the EU crowd or forcing 4am raids for them isn't in our long term plans. Solutions however are complicated, and we have other things we're focused on at the moment. Rather than declare what we're planning, find a way to make the best of it. We have limited staff and development time. Don't mistake that for long term intent when you see a lack of action.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Zymer

Post#17 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:35 am

lyncher12 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:40 am if you have ever defended a zone you are part of the problem as to why there isn't a city during reasonable hours
Isn’t this kind of an issue? We should just let the opposing realm take zones so a City pops? I think that’s the opposite of what oRvR is meant to be, and not what the original and current devs intended.

Alfa1986

Post#18 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:50 am

Indeed, why not give awards for participation in the entire company in accordance with the contribution made.
for example, after each lock of the zone, the character receives the contribution, as a result, after the city sieges, it is summed up, and from the distribution system rewards each player in accordance with the contribution made. who has invested more of his time and energy in the company receives great rewards from the common boiler. You can even find a roleplay rationale for it, something like this: when the invaders ruin the city, they add the looted values ​​to the general heap and then distribute them among themselves. he he
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
axelpl85

Post#19 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:54 am

There are few things that i see

High pops in EU time are the cause of stalemate / slower zone cap. Xrealming recently tends to even the odds
Defending the zone is a reason we dont get a city. Its actually a penalty for doing what you're supposed to do.
From my observation, above certain defenders population caping a fort is impossible. It results in a scenario when organized WBs command ' ok stop heals, let them in' in order to get a City .
Its not a case of getting into organized WB then. Its just your WBs will melt in doorway against 250 defenders.

Yanatsu

Post#20 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:11 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:19 am Who gets the City? The people who actually pushed the forts? Or the EU plebs who can't get anything done on their own? This idea is a cop out for people who are too lazy to form proper wbs (more than just one) and mass push multiple zones to get City; everyone wants to zerg to the zone that will fall so they can /afk and get free loot.
Yes because EU is not doing anything right lol ! We're running supplies, fighting for T3,T4,forts. At midnight, you have the final zones uncapped, 1 or 2 forts and city pops. You are the lazy ones, you face no resistance and PvE your way to city easily. PLUS it's an EU server, I don't even understand how you can talk like that.
The devs love the grind so wont any changes whatsoever.
I guess you folks that want easy invader and sov is WoW players and are used to be handed free epics.
Invader and Sov is supposed to be very hard to get. Would be even more boring if they were so easy to obtain.
The issue is that the grinding doesn't change anything. I grind hard, playing 10h+ rvr a day, but I'm less rewarded than a guy who randomly connects to the server at a time when he can fort x2 + city.
So no, when you play at night, you get free invaders + free sov, even if you didn't contribute in any zone ......