Recent Topics

Ads

City time must be fixed

Let's talk about... everything else
Detangler

Re: City time must be fixed

Post#41 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:59 pm

The obvious solution to the high defender critical mass is easy, already in game, and has been used in the past --- ORCAPULTS!!!!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#42 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:49 pm

I'd still favour a "weekly quest" for Royal crests, with say;

5day cd for quest retake
expected competition time 2-4? days
3 racial quests from each Lord of their factions race
kill 125 enemy classes of that races class types (total 500), counts rvr + scs
capture 5 keeps of that racial pairing
earn 5 royals, wait 5 days to pick quest up again

assuming you play campaign somewhat actively, you might need 1-2 days to finish quest, with less regular gameplay it might need 3-5 days to finish. So even if you can have 3 racial quests, you cannot complete the quest more than 9-12 times per month anyway, to a total of 60 royals? if you grind them hardcore. (resulting in you needing 7 months to grind full Sov just by doing these "weeklies")
With casuals being able to earn 15-50 royals per month, versus the normal city loggers who catch the NA time zone cities, they will not lag too much behind. A random pug 5star early morning city might give you +20 royals with RNG bag luck. Grinding the actual gameplay campaign + doing quests should be able to provide similar loot if you focus on that over +2 weeks or so.

Kpi

Post#43 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:30 pm

Maybe a 6-8 hours for queue and a lockdown for queuing in city of 8 hours per account, can be a good idea.

So, the small guilds can organize a full Warband with only guild members and all be more fun
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Jesden

Post#44 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:49 pm I'd still favour a "weekly quest" for Royal crests, with say;

5day cd for quest retake
expected competition time 2-4? days
3 racial quests from each Lord of their factions race
kill 125 enemy classes of that races class types (total 500), counts rvr + scs
capture 5 keeps of that racial pairing
earn 5 royals, wait 5 days to pick quest up again

assuming you play campaign somewhat actively, you might need 1-2 days to finish quest, with less regular gameplay it might need 3-5 days to finish. So even if you can have 3 racial quests, you cannot complete the quest more than 9-12 times per month anyway, to a total of 60 royals? if you grind them hardcore. (resulting in you needing 7 months to grind full Sov just by doing these "weeklies")
With casuals being able to earn 15-50 royals per month, versus the normal city loggers who catch the NA time zone cities, they will not lag too much behind. A random pug 5star early morning city might give you +20 royals with RNG bag luck. Grinding the actual gameplay campaign + doing quests should be able to provide similar loot if you focus on that over +2 weeks or so.
Rather than a quest, a weekly event, (that refreshes each week), that gives you emblems based on your contribution. Base the reward on the average number of CS that would happen in a week. Folks that are online for city /and/ contribution may get an edge (loot bags etc), but it doesn't lock out folks that can't make cities due to them happening during work/sleep hours.

(also, change the faction lockout to start from when you log off, rather than log in...)

Detangler

Post#45 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Is royals from blue bags in orvr not enough for you guys to do the campaign? I've gotten 6 this week so far by popping into each open pairing and returning some supplies, fighting at a keep or two, and then logging off. You guys know you get bag rolls when zone flips even if you aren't logged on, right? I can't get into cities 95% of the time cause work/kids/wife always needing attention, but thanks to the bag changes i can slowly make progress at least.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Urmig

Post#46 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:47 pm

Why not use a system similar to the bagbonus system which is already in place?

If during the campaign you get a purple/golden bags, you can surrender it to the system to accrue a city contribution value.

Once you have contributed enough bags, if a city occurs and you do not get a chance to participate, you get rewards for the city based on the final score and on the stars of the city.

As an example, you surrender 5 golden bags and IC is sieged with 3 stars. If destro wins, you get the reward for a victory, if destro loses, you get rewards as if you had lost.

If you decide to take your chances and join the city, then you lose your bag contribution.

In this way, if someone pushes for a city when you are not online, you are still rewarded for having contributed to the overall campaign

istvar

Post#47 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:20 pm

Urmig wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:47 pm Why not use a system similar to the bagbonus system which is already in place?

If during the campaign you get a purple/golden bags, you can surrender it to the system to accrue a city contribution value.

Once you have contributed enough bags, if a city occurs and you do not get a chance to participate, you get rewards for the city based on the final score and on the stars of the city.

As an example, you surrender 5 golden bags and IC is sieged with 3 stars. If destro wins, you get the reward for a victory, if destro loses, you get rewards as if you had lost.

If you decide to take your chances and join the city, then you lose your bag contribution.

In this way, if someone pushes for a city when you are not online, you are still rewarded for having contributed to the overall campaign
yeah and knowing the player base of this server all you would achieve is everyone logging to the same faction to afk push empty zones for contribution. we already saw it with the invader drops in fort zones and we all know what that change did to the server population. We have seen certain guilds log to order to push city just to relog destro to farm gear when cities first started.
As long as people will do anything for "muh gear" contribution based solutions aren't going to work.
We all know it's a badly implemented progression system, we all know that the stubborn insistence on trying to make forts mandatory content are hurting the game. FUNNELHAMMER is not fun or engaging game play!
Everyone complains about "city loggers" but if you do not give people a reason to play outside of city this is the result.

at this point the devs really have to ask themselves, what do they want this server to be about? RvR or forts/cities.. both together isn't working if you actively Defend you are hurting your own progression that is the one core problem this all boils down to.
"i can help defend this zone for 1 royal or i can log the other faction and push to city for the chance at 20+ royals"
you tell me what the most likely scenario is when these are the two options presented to you

inflamez

Post#48 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:43 pm

idk just randomly came to my head if you could make something like this:

option to queue up for a city siege with a 1 week lockout during any time of the day as some sort of scenario if you have not completed a city siege yet this week on either the whole account or character bound
so you are not forced to log in during late night for your timezone and can play atleast 1 city a week

if it is possible to script something like that and maybe the idea needs more polishing, just randomly came to my mind but might be not possible at all

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#49 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:10 pm

I have 4 full invader toons and 5 full vanq toons that I ultimately want geared in Sov ... I am screwed. BUT that's my problem. The campaign is fine.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#50 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:12 pm

Since there are so many threads about this topic ill just leave my suggestion in here aswell:
My suggestion is to reward players with royals/invader after a city happened based on their contribution in the campaign. This way i could push zones all night, go to sleep, let the city happen and still get rewarded with the currency i earned by spending the whole evening in rvr. Id say a cap of 6 royals/invaders for lots of contribution would be fair because its exactly the middle between 3 (lost city worst case) or 9 (won city best case).
Edit: ofc prices for these sets should be tuned up accordingly