Ads

WL DMG Screenshot

Let's talk about... everything else
sogeou

Re: WL DMG Screenshot

Post#91 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:05 pm

Dabush wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:56 pm
sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:29 pm
Dabush wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:35 pm Cool, here is another story of a shaman getting attacked (this time by 2 WL's).

I have what I would consider best in slot with +180 armor talisman in each slot possible.
3 levels of futile strikes
3092 armor (70.3%) reduction
chance to be critically hit

Jumped on and died before knockdown was over. Keep thinking WL's are not OP though.

wont let me upload the screenshot for some reason... but they are hitting me for 1300 (500 mitigated). With my armor damage reduction how is this possible? Working as intended?
Because you DON'T detaunt. Your 3000 armor is reduced to 1600.

He is a Dok getting attacked by well geared WL. No buffs up, no guard, detaunted after being hit. The dok had mitigated so much. Pounce hit for 240 / 470 mitigated. After they were armor debuffed, it dropped them to almost 50/50 split 508 / 398 mitigated. They then later detaunted and same damage from the auto attack is now 254/ 298 mitigated.

That same auto attack would hit a test dummy for 508+398 906 total damage. None crit. With a crit damage would be 1800. Most targets who are dying are not mitigating any damage which means they have no armor or toughness.

Problem = people not using armor/ toughness or detaunts.
This is a terrible argument, yes that screenshot the DOK clearly detaunted you. And yes if I could detaunt I can live for a short period of time. But every WL does the same skills. Pounce -> KD -> Sunder -> Cull the Weak. How can I detaunt when I am knocked down and don't live through it?

Your problem is you are a shaman. How do you not see a WL coming? Also if you are dying to Cull of the Weak WL's those are not the "OP" ones. You were also attacked by two WL's.

I see TONs of shaman not die. Go ask Dr.who. How much toughness do you have? With hot mine is at 500 ish and that helps along with auto detaunt. Are you a DPS shaman?

Ads
sogeou

Post#92 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:07 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:02 pm
Again with the detaunt, coming from a WL itself. BRO look at your own print screen: THE ORANGE IS YOUR DAMAGE! THE RED IS HIS. COMPARE IT !!!!! Such ignorance tbh
What you just typed makes NO sense lol. Wtf are you trying to say? He was healing and the other red damage is from a sorc. What is there to compare? The point is he was taking NO damage because he knows how to build his toon to not DIE.

Foofmonger

Post#93 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:23 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:54 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:36 pm
sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:13 pm

If you are an above avg WL attacking FMJ / TUP healer or tank you are legit hitting them for cirt 300/800 mit damage. Destro is mostly sov during the day time as russian guilds and other were farming the city for months.

Also, in this game vs live Sov has more armor than it should.
If the gear isn't equal it's not a good argument. Sov WL vs Sov opponents should be the discussion point.

The reality is however, you aren't wrong. Even with good gear, between armor, toughness, detaunts, and guard, melee damage in general can be heavily reduced. Detaunt and guard alone gives a target 75% damage mitigation, and no class (including WLs) has the dps to solo burst through that, nor should they.

That being said, this also applies to all MDPS classes, and if the WL has a higher base burst, that means that other MDPS classes are getting their damage reduce to even lower numbers.

This is my point about hyperbole. To say that WLs are unstoppable monsters is wrong, and to say that they can't do good burst is wrong. They aren't an "omg so op class" nor are they "not good and do bad damage". Both of these opinions are just an over-use of hyperbole to try and make a point, but it's so polarized that everyone just ends up arguing.

The truth is that WLs have great burst damage in comparison to other MDPS classes, but it's not so far above and beyond them that it is ridiculously OP. One of the main issues is actually mobility parity, which people do not understand and then go complain about damage. The WL's damage is not actually destros problem (they may not realize it), it's the ability of the WL to apply that damage without telegraphing it via Pounce and pull.
What are you talking about? I was full Vanq and got killed by an under 40 WL. What do you mean Sov vs Sov? LOL. Bro, I can handle the mobility, just like u handle DH in WoW, it's the burst, just like DH had burst issues in WoW. Pounce, stun, dead. This is it. What do u mean mobility? He needs a target to pounce, and it's not like u get kited by him, you get nuked by him.
What are you talking about? There's a reason my response was to someone else and not you. I was not talking to you. Why would I care about the opinion of a random vanq player who can't even survive versus a sub-40 wl and doesn't know what mobility and detaunts are? Do I want to give myself an aneurysm? Is there a reason you are trying to insert yourself in other conversations when you aren't even being quoted or spoken to?

amagawd

Post#94 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:28 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:07 pm
amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:02 pm
Again with the detaunt, coming from a WL itself. BRO look at your own print screen: THE ORANGE IS YOUR DAMAGE! THE RED IS HIS. COMPARE IT !!!!! Such ignorance tbh
What you just typed makes NO sense lol. Wtf are you trying to say? He was healing and the other red damage is from a sorc. What is there to compare? The point is he was taking NO damage because he knows how to build his toon to not DIE.
If he was healing you would've seen in it in the log written in grey. What I was trying to say was you dealt more dmg to him in that timespawn faster than his dot ticked.. Now u understand?
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Foofmonger

Post#95 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:30 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:44 pm
Rathael87 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:48 am A few considerations:

Did your detaunt proc? If not, you were a little unlucky.

Did he use sever nerve? That's a morale ability with the 1-minute internal cooldown on morales. If he kills you with this, you can just be rezzed by another healer in literally less than 3 seconds. It's a huge resource investment just to take you out of the fight for probably no longer than 5 seconds, assuming your co-healers have a brain and eyes.
Detaunt? Bro are u kidding me? Do u even know what detaunt does? It nerfes his damage as long as u don't hit him. The moment u hit him once the detaunt wears off. Read the tooltip first. And a detaunt lasts for 5 seconds. That's kinda useless you know? I laugh at all the noobs saying : U DIDNT DETAUNT BRO! Detaunt does nothing in 1v1 situation.
Now, since you had to respond to me, let's look at your ridiculous post.

WL damage is burst damage, they can't sustain that damage forever. Hence the term "burst". "Detaunt" reduces damage. Stands to reason that if you detaunt prior to being bursted down, it reduces the burst damage by 50% and then you break the detaunt and attack the WL.

Welcome to Warhammer Online 101. Detaunts are incredibly important in 1v1 situations and if you don't know that then it's a personal issue.

amagawd

Post#96 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:23 pm
What are you talking about? There's a reason my response was to someone else and not you. I was not talking to you. Why would I care about the opinion of a random vanq player who can't even survive versus a sub-40 wl and doesn't know what mobility and detaunts are? Do I want to give myself an aneurysm? Is there a reason you are trying to insert yourself in other conversations when you aren't even being quoted or spoken to?
Your detaunt point is irrelevant, again, let me explain. The detaunt works for 5 seconds. The detaunt works if u do not touch the one detaunted, the moment you touch him, the detaunt is cancelled.
My example with Vanq was to prove a point that even if u get some good gear, even grey white lions can 1 shot u. Pounce, Stun, Dead.
I will suppose that you play a WL and you can't stand the thought of being nerfed and actually having to learn to play the game instead of just spam one key for the win.
You clearly are not worth my time since your argument is pretty weak.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

amagawd

Post#97 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:30 pm
Rathael87 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:48 am A few considerations:

Did your detaunt proc? If not, you were a little unlucky.

Did he use sever nerve? That's a morale ability with the 1-minute internal cooldown on morales. If he kills you with this, you can just be rezzed by another healer in literally less than 3 seconds. It's a huge resource investment just to take you out of the fight for probably no longer than 5 seconds, assuming your co-healers have a brain and eyes.
Detaunt? Bro are u kidding me? Do u even know what detaunt does? It nerfes his damage as long as u don't hit him. The moment u hit him once the detaunt wears off. Read the tooltip first. And a detaunt lasts for 5 seconds. That's kinda useless you know? I laugh at all the noobs saying : U DIDNT DETAUNT BRO! Detaunt does nothing in 1v1 situation.

WL damage is burst damage, they can't sustain that damage forever. Hence the term "burst". "Detaunt" reduces damage. Stands to reason that if you detaunt prior to being bursted down, it reduces the burst damage by 50% and then you break the detaunt and attack the WL.

Welcome to Warhammer Online 101. Detaunts are incredibly important in 1v1 situations and if you don't know that then it's a personal issue.
You just prove my point. You most likely don't undestand how Detaunt does not work in a 1v1 situation. Since you detaunt, you can't touch him. If you don't touch him, then u can't deal dmg. If you don't deal dmg, you can't win a 1v1. Are u slow?
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

Foofmonger

Post#98 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:33 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:31 pm
Your detaunt point is irrelevant, again, let me explain. The detaunt works for 5 seconds. The detaunt works if u do not touch the one detaunted, the moment you touch him, the detaunt is cancelled.
My example with Vanq was to prove a point that even if u get some good gear, even grey white lions can 1 shot u. Pounce, Stun, Dead.
I will suppose that you play a WL and you can't stand the thought of being nerfed and actually having to learn to play the game instead of just spam one key for the win.
It's not irrelevant, you just have critical thinking issues.

1. Not all detaunts last 5 seconds. Depends on the class.
2. We know how detaunt works, you do not. Obviously it breaks on damage. Is this the first day you ever played Warhammer Online or something?
3. Your example only shows that if you play like **** greys can kill you. Wow.
4. I don't play a White Lion, and I don't even play order. You "assume and suppose" only your own stupidity. I play a **** Marauder. Let's not assume things in the future and get proven wrong.

Bye the **** bye now.

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#99 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:34 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:32 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:30 pm

You just prove my point. You most likely don't undestand how Detaunt does not work in a 1v1 situation. Since you detaunt, you can't touch him. If you don't touch him, then u can't deal dmg. If you don't deal dmg, you can't win a 1v1. Are u slow?
You are an idiot.

Here's a video to educate yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3HDbUCC3Q

Watch how I use detaunt in a 1v1 to win the fight.

You need to L2P. This is just ridiculous garbage nonsense coming out of your mind.

amagawd

Post#100 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:35 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:33 pm
amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:31 pm
It's not irrelevant, you just have critical thinking issues.

1. Not all detaunts last 5 seconds. Depends on the class.
2. We know how detaunt works, you do not. Obviously it breaks on damage. Is this the first day you ever played Warhammer Online or something?
3. Your example only shows that if you play like **** greys can kill you. Wow.
4. I don't play a White Lion, and I don't even play order. You "assume and suppose" only your own stupidity. I play a **** Marauder. Let's not assume things in the future and get proven wrong.

Bye the **** bye now.
You know how detaunt works? I highly doubt that since your arguments make no sense.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging