Recent Topics

Ads

From the first fight we know it's over.

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: From the first fight we know it's over.

Post#201 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:39 pm

Elemint wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:26 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:20 pm Thats not issue, if each stage would affect MMR.
Also, pugstomping would give less rewards, with rewards being tied to MMR.
Say you've got a side that has all the premade wbs stacked on it - so, for example order has 5 2000+ MMR WBs, and destru's highest is 1800. Since your proposal has matchmaker pair from the top to bottom, nearly the entire realm of destruction would have low chance of winning, and another 3 threads of the unfairness of it all per week get made.
It could lead to something interesting, because suddenly those top end Order WBs couldn't anymore dodge que last minute to try to be matched against PUGs.
Also, it would mean that those top end Order WBs get paired against TUP, PnP, FMJ and other good guys like HERE WE GO etc, they couldn't anymore stomp average destro Joe whos maybe indeed is playing in 2/2/2 warband for City Siege on his dps DoK, but isn't really a tryhad. I can see only positives.

Even, if those top 5 2000+ MMR WBs, could cause few imbalanced (MMR wise) instances, we still would have 15 other instaces which would be "evenly" matched.
Now, since those "imbalanced" instances would be skewed for Order side, Destro in those instances with lower rating would still get properly rewarded for losing, due to MMR difference?

Ads
Acidic

Post#202 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Would love to know what you separate a pug vs premade especiailay as the times the cities are on they are almost never with same players or even leaders let alone all from one guild.

The other issue is if your magic mmr like system gets built for city is there a additional reward for high mmr to compensate for guaranteed harder competition or is the whole vision I want to solo and never meet the evil guild warbands but still want same rewards they get.

Haskr

Post#203 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:01 pm

Acidic wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:54 pm Would love to know what you separate a pug vs premade especiailay as the times the cities are on they are almost never with same players or even leaders let alone all from one guild.

The other issue is if your magic mmr like system gets built for city is there a additional reward for high mmr to compensate for guaranteed harder competition or is the whole vision I want to solo and never meet the evil guild warbands but still want same rewards they get.
i solo all the time always get reward :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Akalukz

Post#204 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:17 pm

mandatory 6 man queues for city. Easy to build, and easy to distribute.
-= Agony =-

Elemint

Post#205 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:46 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:39 pm It could lead to something interesting, because suddenly those top end Order WBs couldn't anymore dodge que last minute to try to be matched against PUGs.
Also, it would mean that those top end Order WBs get paired against TUP, PnP, FMJ and other good guys like HERE WE GO etc, they couldn't anymore stomp average destro Joe whos maybe indeed is playing in 2/2/2 warband for City Siege on his dps DoK, but isn't really a tryhad. I can see only positives.

Even, if those top 5 2000+ MMR WBs, could cause few imbalanced (MMR wise) instances, we still would have 15 other instaces which would be "evenly" matched.
Now, since those "imbalanced" instances would be skewed for Order side, Destro in those instances with lower rating would still get properly rewarded for losing, due to MMR difference?
You seem to have taken my hypothetical situation and tried to fit it into current actual situation. What i was trying to illustrate is what happens when all the tryhards are on one realm? Tell me then, exactly how much crests per mmr per loss/win should we have?

M0rw47h

Post#206 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Elemint wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:46 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:39 pm It could lead to something interesting, because suddenly those top end Order WBs couldn't anymore dodge que last minute to try to be matched against PUGs.

You seem to have taken my hypothetical situation and tried to fit it into current actual situation. What i was trying to illustrate is what happens when all the tryhards are on one realm? Tell me then, exactly how much crests per mmr per loss/win should we have?
We already got most tryhards stacked on one side, for various reasons. Question about how many crests one should get is rather tricky, as with current system one can get between 3 to 26 (11 for winning, 15 from bags) crests and amount is more based on random factors than actual effort (stars of city, total random bag rolls). I'd say losers on lower bottom shouldn't be able to get more than those* 3 and winners get 11 and it should scale up to those 26 based on MMR for winning side and half of it (13) for losing side (no more bags).

So rewards for losing would be 3-13 and 11-26 for winning based on MMR.
Which means top of MMR can get more for losing, than bottom gets for winning, sounds fair trade for challenge.
Last edited by M0rw47h on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#207 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:18 pm These people deserve full Sovereign too! This was IC2 btw so it was a case of run up and queue immediately rather than even try and form a group.

Ban non-24s from city.

We beat handily a similar cat's breakfast last night; only we recognized a lot of destro names (which I won't mention) for the third time in as many weeks in this ~17 dps comp. Apparently some players like to run like that. If they enjoy it who am I to judge.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Martok

Post#208 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:33 pmWe beat handily a similar cat's breakfast last night; only we recognized a lot of destro names (which I won't mention) for the third time in as many weeks in this ~17 dps comp. Apparently some players like to run like that. If they enjoy it who am I to judge.

But they had an Archmage, so they were fine.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Elemint

Post#209 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:55 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:22 pm So rewards for losing would be 3-13 and 11-26 for winning based on MMR.
Which means top of MMR can get more for losing, than bottom gets for winning, sounds fair trade for challenge.
So, get an X amount of time before cities pop for everyone to que, calculate wb mmr on entering que, collect all that's less than a wb, fill it until 24, sort and match from top? Scale rewards with highest rated of the 2 sides. Sounds decently thought out.

If the rewards curve was set only when cities begin, from what you have in the que instead of fixed, and mmr was awarded each stage, it seems like it would be an improvement over current system

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#210 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:18 pm These people deserve full Sovereign too! This was IC2 btw so it was a case of run up and queue immediately rather than even try and form a group.

Ban non-24s from city.

Ppl solo-pug insta queue when city opens => get rolfstomped => blame "premades"....Seems legit
(for sure that AM is dps specced..)