Recent Topics

Ads

Why isnt damage from Guard mitigated?

Let's talk about... everything else
romgaard

Why isnt damage from Guard mitigated?

Post#1 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:37 am

what is the reason behind this?

Most of the damage i take is from guarding someone...so why isnt guarddamage mitigated like most kind of damage

yes, i know it can be blocked and parried, like many attacks..but many attacks ( if hit directly) can be mitigated

Ads
Hypernia

Re: Why isnt damage from Guard mitigated?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:52 am

Because dying to guard damage would never happen if this change was made? Wounds is more important than mitigation.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#3 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:44 am

There are multiple questions anyone could ask with guard in general sadly.

-Why magical damages are converted in physical damages ?
-Why the guard takes damages "after" the guarded ? (the tooltip let think that the tank tries to interpose, so he should take damages fisrt)

Vayra

Post#4 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:45 am

The biggest and most obvious reason is that the guard damage has already been mitigated by the original target. So you shouldn't get to mitigate it twice.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Arbich
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:42 am

Yaliskah wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:44 am There are multiple questions anyone could ask with guard in general sadly.

-Why magical damages are converted in physical damages ?
-Why the guard takes damages "after" the guarded ? (the tooltip let think that the tank tries to interpose, so he should take damages fisrt)
I think you mean why is damage that can get dodged/disrupted converted to that can be parried. For balance reasons I guess.
Same for the second one (who gets dmg first).

I think guard dmg works fine as it is.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Zxul

Post#6 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:45 pm

As for why the original target and not the tank mitigates, tank mitigating it would mean practically that the original target gains not only the guard, but tank's mitigation as well, even if its a cloth armor with no toughness or anticrit. In other words, way overpowered.

As for why the dmg isn't mitigated on tank, its to give choppas some reason to use brains instead of charging head first into order zerg while fully red (as in, after first time he insta explodes from guard dmg, the tank won't guard them anymore).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

anarchypark

Post#7 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:15 pm

huh i didn't expect this quality answers.
is it 6 years effects?
finally forum posts get improved?

sry i brought it down a little i guess.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Alubert

Post#8 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Guard and dmg from guard work perfect.
The best guard mechanic ever.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
Bozzax

Post#9 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Like the fact guard damage is noticeable plus SNB guards are more durable then 2H guards
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Valarion

Post#10 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Vayra wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:45 am The biggest and most obvious reason is that the guard damage has already been mitigated by the original target. So you shouldn't get to mitigate it twice.

Just curious, as I have been gone for a long while. When exactly was this change implemented?
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted