Recent Topics

Ads

City Logging

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Re: City Logging

Post#11 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:04 am

I understand why it happens and yea you should be able to que. That's not my point. If all your doing is city logging, you should be placed accordingly. The only reason city is open for you is because someone else did the work. Why do you all skip over that part of the question/suggestion?
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
havartii

Post#12 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:08 am

I find it completely unfair for someone to grind the part you dislike the most. Just for you to log in an jump ahead of them in que. What are you all millennials or something?

lyncher12

Post#13 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:16 am

havartii wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:08 am I find it completely unfair for someone to grind the part you dislike the most. Just for you to log in an jump ahead of them in que. What are you all millennials or something?

Starx

Post#14 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:27 am

RvR isnt fun, attacking sucks and unless you play a class that is amazing at farming chokes your only other option is to roll around as 6, and you still need to be on the defending side for it actually be fun.

When people have invader/sov etc... they usually want to play against greater odds or in a competitive environment. RvR on attacking side is the least fun thing imaginable, there is no character progression etc...

I'd play more if ranked solo que poped, or there was some kind of other structered PvP in the game.

City is fun if you have friends to que up with, and even if you dont its gear progression.

adamthelc

Post#15 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:47 am

Who is actually looking for special treatment?

Some people are just trying to play the part of the game they enjoy. Some people have a problem with that and think they are deserve to play the part of the game mode everyone wants to play more than those people.

Blame the game design, don't blame other other players for trying to enjoy the game.

havartii

Post#16 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:05 am

Not looking for special treatment, if I don't help the progression to city.. I wait in line no complaints. If I don't get in there is an easy answer why. It is clear who the city loggers are by the responses.

Nekkma

Post#17 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:19 am

First of all you have no idea if the persons logging in for city have participated in the campaign or not. For instance, If I play 4 hours of orvr during EU prime and then, after discord alert, log on early morning to partake in the city.

Since it can be 20-30 hours between city yuo cannot really know who is a "city logger" or not because people log on for city. for all you know they did way more in the campaign than you did.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Tamarlan

Post#18 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:36 am

We had this topic a couple of hours ago.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38947

Blame the design not the players. A design which locks progression behind hardly accessable content is the root cause for a lot of problems and frustration.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#19 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:52 am

let's look at what the introduction of forts and then city sieges led on.
1. The usual RVR has become boring and not interesting.
2. The pursuit of better equipment makes a lot of part of population log on only at certain hours.
3. The gap in equipment bonuses for new players and veterans has catastrophically widened.
4. X-realmers can hold usual zones for tens of hours to arrange the city whenever they want and when they need to. it interferes with the progression of new players, and also makes the RVR stagnant, when after the tenth time of failure you lose all hope of victory. there is no point anymore to siege again if someone just logging on another side and wipe u, as many time before.
so there are many more reasons why an usual rvr has become boring or not interesting and stagnant.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

havartii

Post#20 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:57 am

@Tamarlan I was not aware, perhaps it is a topic worth discussing /reworking