Recent Topics

Ads

Pre Made Group verses PUG scenario theme.

Let's talk about... everything else
Waimaori

Post#1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:19 am

Choosing your next Pug Scenario should offer exactly what the scenario lobby titles.

Join solo OR Join as a Party......Solo v Solo = Pug OR Party v Party = Pre Mades.

This is my 3rd weekend Returning Back to Reckoning and my observation (in this area of the game), limited in time as it might appear is telling me not to bother more often then not with Scenarios. The disparity is much more noticeable now then when I played previously 3 years ago.

Latest example of 8 games demonstrated an average of 22 renown ranks difference between members of each team. How is a player wearing Annihilator, Conqueror or even 1 or 2 pieces of Vanquisher to compete against a coordinating practiced team wearing full invader or better? 
I think the american phrase is Turkey Shoot?

Pug are actually fun - very much fun in fact and I would hope something from this message can offer constructive input for development back into this wonderful game.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Pre Made Group verses PUG scenario theme.

Post#2 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:52 am

Waimaori wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:19 am Pre Made Group verses PUG scenario theme.

Choosing your next Pug Scenario should offer exactly what the scenario lobby titles.

Join solo OR Join as a Party......Solo v Solo = Pug OR Party v Party = Pre Mades.

This is my 3rd weekend Returning Back to Reckoning and my observation (in this area of the game), limited in time as it might appear is telling me not to bother more often then not with Scenarios. The disparity is much more noticeable now then when I played previously 3 years ago.

Latest example of 8 games demonstrated an average of 22 renown ranks difference between members of each team. How is a player wearing Annihilator, Conqueror or even 1 or 2 pieces of Vanquisher to compete against a coordinating practiced team wearing full invader or better? 
I think the american phrase is Turkey Shoot?

Pug are actually fun - very much fun in fact and I would hope something from this message can offer constructive input for development back into this wonderful game.
You did queue for pug sc? This means solo or 2man grps on both sides only. Anything bigger can only queue for group-queue.
Dying is no option.

TiberiusD

Post#3 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:55 am

what about having 3-4 guys in the same voice channel in discord solo queueing together for PuG? if they are not in group, this doesn't mean that they are not premade. I've seen both order and destro doing it in the past

Sulorie

Post#4 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:58 pm

TiberiusD wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:55 am what about having 3-4 guys in the same voice channel in discord solo queueing together for PuG? if they are not in group, this doesn't mean that they are not premade. I've seen both order and destro doing it in the past
At the same time you can have a big guild and therefore meet a lot guild mates in the same sc. No way to prove it, unless you join the same voice channel and witness their coordination.
Dying is no option.

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:28 pm

please fix pre-mades (which can enter to sc as solo but always in same team), and pls adjust class selection
we cannot win SC whendestro have 6 healers versus our 1

Everdin

Post#6 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:13 pm

How do you want to fix this?

"One of your guildmades already joined que for PUG scenario, please wait until he has finished"
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Dhubhghall

Post#7 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:32 pm

you can try and fix this by changing the pairing system..
Right now lvl40 wearing conq. gear fighting inv./sov feels like fighting as lvl30 against lvl40.
Same goes with T3 as ur below lvl35 and fighting full anni geared rr40+.
So change the pairing to
lvl16-lvl34
lvl35-lvl40cong geared
and the rest

Sulorie

Post#8 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:34 pm

Dhubhghall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:32 pm you can try and fix this by changing the pairing system..
Right now lvl40 wearing conq. gear fighting inv./sov feels like fighting as lvl30 against lvl40.
Same goes with T3 as ur below lvl35 and fighting full anni geared rr40+.
So change the pairing to
lvl16-lvl34
lvl35-lvl40cong geared
and the rest
The rank doesn't matter much in midtier bracket. More important is appropriate gear for your rank, team balance and knowledge.
Conq gear is only a minor reason, when you lose sc.

-----------

A lack of healers you can fix by making groups or playing healer on your own.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Fiveskin

Post#9 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:53 am

There should be a gear score. Do your best to match gear with gear/level with level.
Then to keep people from shadow grouping, shuffle the people who queue in the same 10 second time span into different scs. Make it so there's no way to tell what sc you'll end up in when you queue.

Fiveskin

Post#10 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:54 am

Oh, and if guildies want to play the same SC, they can group up like they do in orvr.