Recent Topics

Ads

Need help choosing a class

Let's talk about... everything else
Stophy22

Re: Need help choosing a class

Post#21 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Earlier in the post you said "class with most gap closers, moblity." That describes white lion the most. Shadow warrior does well and has gap closers too!

Mara is similiar to WL but doesn't have the same mobility, every class mirrors each other in some way so you get some similarities.

I'd say decide on a faction that you enjoy (walk around altdorf/inevitable city) see whats good for your tastes and then make your decision, look at high lvl classes in the city and set some goals, "I wanna look like that, etc."

Any melee dps class (not tanks) will have a 10second cant be rooted/slowed whatever and a charge ability which is 7second speed boost. White lion gets a hop to target speed boost dmging ability, and Shadow warrior doesn't get charge but gets a similiar hop to target.

I'd say if you're leaning more toward destro you'll probably enjoy mara, just ignore people who call it bad. I've been playing it a lot recently and it's not bad. Doesn't have the same front load burst as White Lion and doesn't have the same utility without giving up something but you'll still have fun, the feeling of stance dancing has a charm and feels good as well as having things like AOE interrupts or AOE knockdowns and 3 different crabby-claws to choose from.

If you want to play Order you'll probably like white lion for how easy mode it is, and its fun to win in games. I'd recommend shadow warrior as well if you want to be melee. Shadow warrior doesn't preform nearly as well as a rdps as other classes but the Assault spec (melee) is bonkers strong. I'd recommend squig but since order has WL's and Shadow warriors you find yourself getting picked on a lot without dedicated help.

Speaking from the viewpoint of someone who has a high level mara and a high lvl squig herder buddy who plays Ranged spec. As the saying goes, "I've been around a lot longer than you, you best hear me out!"

Whatever you're choice is you can't go wrong in RoR if you group up and have a decent mindset about wanting to learn the game and get better rather than the, "wtf this is broken **** game stupid server" mindset that a lot of people who haven't been around for a while have.

RoR and warhammer alike is a gem, enjoy it while its around and make some friendships and get involved in the community. A good little projects going on here, try to be a positive addition.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads