Recent Topics

Ads

Need help choosing a class

Let's talk about... everything else
Wodek

Need help choosing a class

Post#1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:42 pm

Hi all

So, I'm kinda new to this game and having some troubles to really find a post/guide of the classes to be able to find something that would suits me.

I read a lot of posts about the classes which appeals me the most but wasn't able to be convinced.

Actually I'm kinda hesitating between the shadow warrior, the marauder, white lion and the squig herder.

The problem is.. I heard some bad things about those classes like
Shadow warrior as being complete garbage,
Marauder being nerfed to the ground in the recent patches,
White lion same as marauder and finally Squig Herder only viable as a melee dps.. I don't really like to play a squig and had preferred to play a ranged dps..

Can someone help me out and inform me how those classes really are performing? Or maybe some link to a accurate guide?

Thanks all very much for your time

Ads
raistomen

Re: Need help choosing a class

Post#2 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:58 pm

aye engineer is what you want

Wodek

Post#3 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:37 pm

Hmm don't know. The aesthetics are not appealing me nor do the turrets. I mostly like mobile bursty classes

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Common advice is pick the one that looks good, as you'll be looking at their butt a whole lot. Alternatively, and my favorite advice, roll all the ones you like and play to about level 11-12 (you get your first Tactic at 11, its a permanent bonus of sorts). You get a feel for different classes, and in this game it is Very important to know a bit about all the classes. Plus T1 is in a great place right now I hear, so just jump in and have fun.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Wodek

Post#5 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Yeah gonna start with that. Just want to know which dps classes are the most mobile, I mean, which ones are the most loaded with gap closers.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Wodek wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:42 pm I read a lot of posts about the classes ...
White lion same as marauder...
really dunno where you could read that statement...

if you want mobility+burst => white lion
rdps => BW/sorc

Wodek

Post#7 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:56 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:23 pm
Wodek wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:42 pm I read a lot of posts about the classes ...

rdps => BW/sorc
I read it on this post viewtopic.php?f=72&t=36113
I honestly don't know what I should think anymore. I read so much about all the classes and get so much mixed feelings. Just don't want to invest my already so small gaming time on a character that would be doomed to underperforming and not helping my mates at all

BeautfulToad

Post#8 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Start with a tank or healer if you not played before.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:10 pm

Spoiler:
Wodek wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:56 pm
emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:23 pm

rdps => BW/sorc
I read it on this post viewtopic.php?f=72&t=36113
I honestly don't know what I should think anymore. I read so much about all the classes and get so much mixed feelings. Just don't want to invest my already so small gaming time on a character that would be doomed to underperforming and not helping my mates at all
Give a try to Bright wizard/Sorcerer on T1 => they a bursty rdps ST+aoe. they are squishy and you could kill youself with the class mechanic.
for MPDS => you can try WH/WE for sneak and burst....but for wb play not very utility, mostly for solo roam ganking loners.

Duukar

Post#10 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:16 pm

Dude.. Why would you ever recommend a WH?

Play a Healer for your first character imo. You want to help your mates? Learn the mechanics of the game inside and out? Become a good player? Play heals.

I recommend Zealot or Runepriest