Recent Topics

Ads

Bug Report 21/05/2015 (Abilities)

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaporan

Re: Bug Report 21/05/2015 (Abilities)

Post#291 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Melee classes can hit behind (or all around if you like),runing away from a enemy, I was able to hit him .If was reported ,apologies !
Yorim-Sigurt-Yorik-Yorimlaraen
Bitterstone Thunderers Regiment

Ads
naugrim

Post#292 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 pm

engineer :
no animation for flame and bombardement turret
no aoe damage for flame bombardement turret
no aoe damage for bombardement turret
turret didn't work in aggressive mode they just don't shoot
3 passive bonus didn't work for turret :
penetrating round / level 3
flame thrower passive bonus / level 6
shock grenade / level 9

acid bomb aoe didn't work
friction burn aoe didn't work

Magus same as engineer

Squig
pet animation didn't work
gas squig aoe didn't work

Zealote

Post#293 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 am

Azarael wrote:Nothing you can really do except post it on the bugtracker. Since I have privileges on there now, I prefer bug reports to be made there.
Hm tht's unfortunate. And rightio will do.
Aetir

gebajger

Post#294 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:30 am

AM
-Transfer force ticking every 6 seconds instead of 3 (same problem with the shamy version)
-Detaunt breaks on dots (interestingly the shamy version is fine)
-Firing arc is not as wide as it was on live, resulting in 'not facing the target' spam even when it shouldn't
(It used to be somewhere around 180 degrees, so you could attack anything in front of and beside you)
Rioz

Azarael

Post#295 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:39 am

-Transfer force ticking every 6 seconds instead of 3 (same problem with the shamy version)
Intentional
It ain't, all detaunts have broken handling - fixed in next
-Firing arc is not as wide as it was on live, resulting in 'not facing the target' spam even when it shouldn't
(It used to be somewhere around 180 degrees, so you could attack anything in front of and beside you)
It actually is 180° in code - I take no responsibility for bugs caused by handling of position or lack of lag compensation elsewhere in the emu

gebajger

Post#296 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:45 am

Azarael wrote:
Intentional

That's confusing, I thought the goal was to emulate live
It ain't, all detaunts have broken handling - fixed in next

What do you mean it ain't? Tested several times and it does....anyway it doesn't matter if its getting fixed.
It actually is 180° in code - I take no responsibility for bugs caused by handling of position or lack of lag compensation elsewhere in the emu
Rioz

Azarael

Post#297 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:54 am

Evidently someone cares about the tick interval of TF and BFM so it's easier to change it than to discuss it.

But for the record, I personally don't subscribe to the "100% emulation of live" vision.

gebajger

Post#298 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Azarael wrote:Evidently someone cares about the tick interval of TF and BFM so it's easier to change it than to discuss it.

But for the record, I personally don't subscribe to the "100% emulation of live" vision.

I understand that, but once you start changing things (class abilities), chances are it'll never end.
The game at it final stage was pretty balanced class-wise, wouldn't you agree?
Rioz

Ads
Azarael

Post#299 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:09 pm

I understand that, but once you start changing things (class abilities), chances are it'll never end.
Slippery slope fallacy.
The game at it final stage was pretty balanced class-wise, wouldn't you agree?
How in any way could setting TF and BFM's tick interval to 6 seconds be construed as a balance change? It wasn't done for that reason, though I'll admit it wasn't done for a sound reason either - I just figured 24s DoTs didn't need to tick every 3s.

And plenty don't agree with you. I'll make no secret of why I'm here - I want something done, further down the line, about the class imbalances and useless abilities/tactics. I've been in the position of developing an abandoned game before, and I've had members of its community telling me that the game as the official developers left it was perfect and should never be changed.

They were wrong.

---

This probably seems a little heavy for a response to a bug report, and I apologise. I just felt it needed to be said.

noisestorm

Post#300 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Azarael wrote:
They were wrong.
You have to add here, that they themselves came to the conclusion that they were wrong ;)