Recent Topics

Ads

[RoR] Behind the scene, incoming content.

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: [RoR] Behind the scene, incoming content.

Post#51 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm

From last nights IC fight, Leave It To Cleaver:

Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#52 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Martok wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:49 pm I appreciate the new weapon content, truly.

But...

Yesterday I picked up the new Fortress Great Sword for my SM and it looks like a meat-cleaver. Seriously, it is a one hand weapon and all the animations associated with using it are one hand driven and the Great-Sword looks like a cheap Master-Chef tool found second hand at Walmart.

Please advise if this was by intent, or somehow I picked-up a Choppa skin.

Thank you.

EDIT: I can post an image if you desire.
This will be hotfixed. Definitely had the wrong model assigned.

Should be this model, not whatever cleaver you got.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Martok

Post#53 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pmThis will be hotfixed. Definitely had the wrong model assigned.

Thank-you. But even so, you gotta admit using the meat-cleaver did yield some interesting imagery:

Noslock

Post#54 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:34 pm

That cleaver is op

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#55 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:52 am

rapier rework. Work in progress

Sinisterror

Post#56 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:20 pm

Amazing work! Looks great but im a little disappointed in the procs, because it is basically same one's that you can get from T4 epic quest wpns and subjugator and now these. 3 ways to get wpns with same procs. City weapons have some new ones and some very good ones. And a bit same with triumphant/victorious gear because same set bonuses than in oppressor/vanguisher and it makes it feels like there is not a lot of choices. New procs/set bonuses would add more diversity in gameplay if done right and thinking outside the box and get creative with them bonuses and procs,probably not hard to test ?

Also Pls make one place always open in T2 or T3 for rvr that isnt in campaign, and no lvl 40 allowed and T2-T3 would be back to 3 tactics only. If there is no lvl 40's and 4th tactic slot is not usable it simplifies and is close to fair fights. Bring back debolster and if you are debolstered you can que scs in that lower tier, would love this on many of my lvl40 rr20 chars and there would be posssibilty of new overlord/imperator quest kind of thing. This would make everyone enjoy RvR more because, well the obviuous reasons. Respect the work you do, eternal hails <3 This would really be just playing the game for the rvr for the sake of rvr. T3 with 3 tactic slots is amazing pvp without lvl 40's.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#57 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:20 pm Amazing work! Looks great but im a little disappointed in the procs, because it is basically same one's that you can get from T4 epic quest wpns and subjugator and now these. 3 ways to get wpns with same procs. City weapons have some new ones and some very good ones. And a bit same with triumphant/victorious gear because same set bonuses than in oppressor/vanguisher and it makes it feels like there is not a lot of choices. New procs/set bonuses would add more diversity in gameplay if done right and thinking outside the box and get creative with them bonuses and procs,probably not hard to test ?

Also Pls make one place always open in T2 or T3 for rvr that isnt in campaign, and no lvl 40 allowed and T2-T3 would be back to 3 tactics only. If there is no lvl 40's and 4th tactic slot is not usable it simplifies and is close to fair fights. Bring back debolster and if you are debolstered you can que scs in that lower tier, would love this on many of my lvl40 rr20 chars and posssibilty of new overlord/imperator quest kind of thing. This would make everyone enjoy RvR more because, well the obviuous reasons. Respect the work you do, eternal hails <3
We're looking at removing procs from weapons directly and adding them to new talismans. That's why you're seeing them repeated on new items.

Your issue with T2+ is that you're not using Bolster efficiently. We have no plans to rework RvR, and it's not the first time someone has asked us to revert back to a system that simply did not work the way you imagine. We have already lived through that experience both on Live and in RoR. T2+ works significantly better.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sinisterror

Post#58 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:20 pm Amazing work! Looks great but im a little disappointed in the procs, because it is basically same one's that you can get from T4 epic quest wpns and subjugator and now these. 3 ways to get wpns with same procs. City weapons have some new ones and some very good ones. And a bit same with triumphant/victorious gear because same set bonuses than in oppressor/vanguisher and it makes it feels like there is not a lot of choices. New procs/set bonuses would add more diversity in gameplay if done right and thinking outside the box and get creative with them bonuses and procs,probably not hard to test ?

Also Pls make one place always open in T2 or T3 for rvr that isnt in campaign, and no lvl 40 allowed and T2-T3 would be back to 3 tactics only. If there is no lvl 40's and 4th tactic slot is not usable it simplifies and is close to fair fights. Bring back debolster and if you are debolstered you can que scs in that lower tier, would love this on many of my lvl40 rr20 chars and posssibilty of new overlord/imperator quest kind of thing. This would make everyone enjoy RvR more because, well the obviuous reasons. Respect the work you do, eternal hails <3
We're looking at removing procs from weapons directly and adding them to new talismans. That's why you're seeing them repeated on new items.

Your issue with T2+ is that you're not using Bolster efficiently. We have no plans to rework RvR, and it's not the first time someone has asked us to revert back to a system that simply did not work the way you imagine. We gave already lived through that experience both on Live and in RoR. T2+ works significantly better.

Well a man can dream=) Thank you for fast response and everything regarding ror. Best pvp in warhammer online, if you were casual was tier3 because all classes have the " must have " tools but missing rr points and tactic makes the fighting maybe better than T4. Anyway have a good day=) Also i do use bolster good and i love it and its greatly done. Thats why i wanted only 1 zone in T2 or T3 be only for rank39 max and not part of campaign and everyhing would work like now except no lvl 40's allowed on the zone and 3 tacitcs instead of 4 . So there would be both options and lvl 40 could debolster and go to tier 3 when you want to just take it easy for a while, It still is war and feels like it but more balanced, i might be wrong because its been a long time its been like that. PLS keep procs on wpns ;(
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
ekalime
Developer

Post#59 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 pm

That cracked me up, I don't know why you're complaining about that weapon. Do you not appreciate the dozens of hours some one spent making that cleaver? :lol:
Martok wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm From last nights IC fight, Leave It To Cleaver:

Martok

Post#60 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:59 pm

ekalime wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 pmThat cracked me up, I don't know why you're complaining about that weapon. Do you not appreciate the dozens of hours some one spent making that cleaver? :lol:

Actually I love the thing. Using it has provided motivation and material for my next Warhammer video. Should be good.