Recent Topics

Ads

Ex Slayer

Let's talk about... everything else
xarax

Re: Ex Slayer

Post#11 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:54 am

i think "worth guarding" is important too. You have so many dps like choppa (cant comment on slayer but it is similar i assume) that cry for guard. Then they feel invincible, activate sprint and run straight into the enemy while the rest cant even follow ... then die in a second and blame the tank and healers. And if i know that player from prev SC i do not put guard on them again.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
nat3s

Post#12 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:41 am

I've given up trying to figure it out... Whenever im pugging on my tank i announce in sc chat who ill be guarding / following initially. I follow whoever im guarding closely whilst using punt / kd / snare to peel for healer/rdps backline. I'll switch guard about as needed, prioritising mdps who bring pressure/dps/good positioning to the fight and to anyone being focused. Sometimes I don't catch people with guard in time or i miss a peel which could have saved a backline, but that's the skill of the class and i enjoy trying to improve my play.

This is literally the most enjoyable and most engaging thing about playing a tank, it's great fun... I don't understand why so few pug tanks play properly, it's odd.

Oh and of course if you ask nicely for a guard you'll invariably be ignored or shouted down. Some players are militantly resistant to playing as a team. **** 'em, make friends with the good ones as believe me, we love a good slayer!!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

anarchypark

Post#13 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:43 am

It's also rare to find good mdps worth guarding who knows LoS, timing for engage and retreat.
that's because it was pug.

issue is high expectations from solo queue.
zero expectation, zero disappointment.
you entered the ring alone.
at least solo play gives l2p chance to know your limit.
guess you found it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

jeeshadow

Post#14 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:38 pm

It really does go both ways. Like the other guy said, when you're a tank that actually does guard the right class and then that slayer is a moron who wants to hit on some tanks, it's pretty frustrating too.

The only solution is to play with a premade group.

StrongUn

Post#15 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:35 am

Ppl blaming 2h tanks while all healers are dpsing? for real?

lmao

forgot to say:

did you try the order meta? parry + riposte, most "pro" slayers and even whs loves it

Noslock

Post#16 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:11 am

Instead of deletin a char maybe find a guild / 6 man?.... Playin with pugs is always disappointing, tank who dont guard, dps goin after wrong target and not assistin each other, healers not healin or ressin. Solve your problems, find a decent group to run with and use the addon to mark players with an arrow above their head if u run solo. I have a nice black arrow mark with the text "pleb" above the head of every shitty players i meet in rvr so i know what to expect in terms of heal and support and how much i can commit (and if they deserve any help or support from me)