Recent Topics

Ads

Ex Slayer

Let's talk about... everything else
Mykomark

Ex Slayer

Post#1 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:35 pm

I have to say I'm really disappointed with Order. Came back after a while and rolled a Slayer, because Order always need them as I red. Oh boy I really enjoyed my little aoe monster but one big problem - I almost had to beg put a guard on me like in every single sc or even wb. Lots of times had like 2-3 tanks in my party and non of them used guard, or used but like on a wh or engie. At first I would ask: - please can u put a guard on me or etc. but later on got frustrated like: - its time to learn how to use a guard at 30lvl+ (even don't talk about guard switching) or wtf why u putting guard on range or on wh u not gonna be at 30feets at him for sure and on, and on. Maybe I don't have a patience... had to delete my Slayer at 31/41 and I feel ima not alone in this "boat". That' s the story "of my life" :cry:.
Sorry for bad English.

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: Ex Slayer

Post#2 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:44 pm

Don't PUG.

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 am

Doesnt matter if tanks put guard on you if they then dont follow you and stay in range. If 90% of pug tanks dont guard, only 1-2% actually do it right.

I've no idea why so many ppl roll an archetype to then avoid doing the thing that defines it.

I main IB, play Slayer, And RP so before anyone tries to say I'm being mean, I've been there. When I play IB I guard properly and you can see the difference.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 am

This is why you see threads asking what class is needed on (either) side, where the answer is almost always tanks. No one reads (or quickly forgets) that the rest of the conversation is tanks that guard and guard-swap. So you get 2h crap dps tanks and dead slayers. Best I can say is, after the battle, pick one tank and explain politely that them assisting you while you are guarded will be better for everyone.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:17 am

phononHYPE wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 am This is why you see threads asking what class is needed on (either) side, where the answer is almost always tanks. No one reads (or quickly forgets) that the rest of the conversation is tanks that guard and guard-swap. So you get 2h crap dps tanks and dead slayers. Best I can say is, after the battle, pick one tank and explain politely that them assisting you while you are guarded will be better for everyone.
I wish that would work, I really do. Most of the time saying anything about playing better just gets you flamed and told not to tell ppl how to play. Sad state of the realm.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

catholicism198

Post#6 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 am

Order doesn’t have tanks. They have 2h “support” dps.
Some don’t even slot guard on their bar, same with dps healers and Rez.

It’s why rolling an Engi and BW was the only option for me.
Maybe I’ll pick up my slayer if they ever have a 2x week.

TreefAM

Post#7 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:52 am

Yeah just don't pug, same problem in destro pug wbs or scs. You need good people to enjoy this game, the solo experience is annoying.

Detangler

Post#8 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:21 am

They need to have mandatory training on all tank players regarding use of guard, the Tether add on, and guard swapping. Guarding squishies is priority #1, challenge on cooldown #2, #3 is assisting your guarded dps buddy.... and priority #24 is doing damage as a tank.

Honestly one of my favorite things to do is queue up solo pug scenario, pick a melee dps to swift assist and guard tether, and follow them around killing what they kill. Almost every time they will be top damage dealer, and i get the satisfaction that they get to look back and see that they got to be a dps god for 15 minutes. And I know why.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
romgaard

Post#9 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:52 am

I hate guarding AOE spamming slayers with a vengence...most all of them play like morons...just run in, more often than not picking a Chosen as their target and mindless spam their AOE.
Depending on their guards and healers..it is like they loose all sense of the game.........
regardless of this..i will still put a guard on you and follow you around like a good litte tank..

Vyss

Post#10 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 am

As a tank I dream of that godlike slayer that knows how to play and is worth guarding. Sadly most melee dps I have met while leveling are borderline retarded and effectively worthless. Guarding mdps is a commitment since you will have to stick close to them and can't then peel for backline, guard an objective or potentially CC the enemy caster/heal line. As a kotbs it rarely feels worth doing since even if I keep them alive they often are doing stupid **** like smacking a triple tank train while casters free heal. Perhaps it's far more viable on a 2hd pressure tank that can focus less on support and more on assisting down targets? That seems to be the destro MO as I've often encountered 6+ man melee trains in 12 man scenarios.