Recent Topics

Ads

email notification for city siege?

Let's talk about... everything else
Tom

Re: email notification for city siege?

Post#21 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:37 am

Honshu wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:49 am
Kaelang wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:17 pm How about logging in and participating in the efforts to get to a city?
Why should he?
Honest question. Set aside your emotion for a moment and think about it rationally. If you don't enjoy the gameplay of the oRVR zerg war (and coming from live, I never did, it was always the absolute worst part of the game), why would you engage in it if you can just sit back and wait for cities to unlock?

Uhm, WHAT!?! Did you even think throught that, rationally, before writing it up? Why why why would you log into City if you dont enjoy the RVR zerg? City is as zergy as any other part of the game.
Please educate me, because I find no pleasure in blobs and zergs and so I PASS on city.. yes that means NO royal medallions but I play the fun parts! Please share with me how you enjoy the City instance if you don't enjoy ORVR zerg war..
I might learn something and actually join some City action.

Ads
ReturnOfTheMac

Post#22 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:49 am

Amenhetum wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:18 am to be clear, I have 1 single character on 1 account. I don't xrealm and have no alts. I played non stop on live and did all the pve there was. re-doing the lower levels isn't appealing to me at all and I want my character to have the best gear before even considering rerolling.

all last week I`d log on and find I missed a city by a few minutes, then there's nothing at all to do for the following few hours. I don't feel like running around a t2/t3 zone as there's basically no meaningful progression after 80, nor do I enjoy the t4 keep zergs or fort lag sessions. If high rr players could drop royals on death in rvr like they used to, then Id gladly run around and do orvr non stop, but right now the only real way I can progress my character is by logging on at precisely the right time to get into a city.
So what will you do once you have full sov and why can't you play that way now?

Josewales

Post#23 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 am

Kaelang wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:17 pm How about logging in and participating in the efforts to get to a city?
Need to be on 24/7 to participate? Do you even shower? lol. Joke aside...I spent 8 hours in game yesterday and knew the city would happen in the middle of the night. Some of us have a life and work bro. While some do live in this game, others don't. This city model has already turned off many. To be honest, if it wasn't for the recent two month 'BIG HOLIDAY' that the world went on...I for one would of probably dropped this game. It reminds me of WOW vanilla MC and the endless hours needed that guaranteed no reward. Soon as I number crunched the time needed after a couple raids...I left the game.

Less pop is what this game needs? Because that will happen if the city model doesn't change soon. I remember not so long ago before cities was patched in how low the pop was. I logged in every couple weeks to check ORvR activity and immediately logged out. That went on for a few months.

Anyways, I know we all think we know it all. But activity speaks for itself.

Cheers.

Honshu
Banned

Post#24 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Tom wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:37 amUhm, WHAT!?! Did you even think throught that, rationally, before writing it up? Why why why would you log into City if you dont enjoy the RVR zerg? City is as zergy as any other part of the game.
Well, for one, you're bribed with endgame gear. Pretty sure you're the one who didn't think that through rationally before writing a reply :p

Alfa1986

Post#25 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Amenhetum wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:18 am to be clear, I have 1 single character on 1 account. I don't xrealm and have no alts. I played non stop on live and did all the pve there was. re-doing the lower levels isn't appealing to me at all and I want my character to have the best gear before even considering rerolling.

all last week I`d log on and find I missed a city by a few minutes, then there's nothing at all to do for the following few hours. I don't feel like running around a t2/t3 zone as there's basically no meaningful progression after 80, nor do I enjoy the t4 keep zergs or fort lag sessions. If high rr players could drop royals on death in rvr like they used to, then Id gladly run around and do orvr non stop, but right now the only real way I can progress my character is by logging on at precisely the right time to get into a city.
there is some website that displays state of realm in real time I don’t remember a link, but someone posted it here or mb in discord.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Zaxxond

Post#26 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:02 pm

Add me on Tik Tok. You’ll get an alert on your phone from me when city happens or when I post thirst trap content.

Find me @ThiccDaddy4u
Last edited by Zaxxond on Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armoz
Suspended

Post#27 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:53 pm

I just love how all the people who claim to have played the game live and yet cant understand what the game is all about. If you can't find any meaning in oRvR no matter the zone then you are not playing the game right and im not talking about being the best player. Talking about not having enough time is just bullshit ... i work, a lot of us do but we find the way to play and have fun. Just logging for the city content is not playing the game, its participatin in one small part of the game. oRvR is where everything begins, its the root of the whole concept this game is about, and if you can't find meaning in it then please find a game that suits your needs through out all the content it offers. But i do aggree on one thing ... currency system is absolutely broken and needs a major sit down by the devs and think about this. it makes 87487323 times more sense to have high RR players drop invaders and crests than having everything locked behind content some people can't do. Stop forcing people, to play this game one way or the other ... let them have a choice because once you do that they will enjoy all the content this game has and they will participate and have much more appreciation if they have the freedome to choose.