Recent Topics

Ads

Debate about why Desto is how it is

Let's talk about... everything else
lyncher12

Re: Debate about why Desto is how it is

Post#21 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:42 pm

listen here snowflake i may only be wearing annihilator at rr70 but i will defend every keep and fort to the death just to spite city loggers.

Ads
gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#22 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:46 pm

every fort that gets denied, and every city that gets denied for city loggers brings me great joy
gorbane - choppa

Bosli

Post#23 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:49 pm

gurtuk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:41 pm with that mentality does that mean after you get full sov are you quitting? If you treat a game like a job you'll never have fun, the point of the game isn't just to get endgame gear you're supposed to enjoy the massive rvr battles and keep sieges, this game has such a unique pvp system
No. I already have grinded more than 3 full sets worth of royal crests shared between 2 toons. City is just the only content I actually enjoy beside normal/premade SCs.
The exclusive rewards I was referring to were PvE ring and cloak skin, which I don't play because I like the content much either, but because I want the rewards. If I get those, I will definitely quit PvE. I will still play city sieges even when I have everything though, because I think they are fun content. Same for scenarios, which I still play almost daily even though I have every single weapon, full Oppressor and enough tokens to buy the trophy five times.

Edit: Just because I like to play cities, doesn't mean I don't want destro to defend forts. If the RvR and forts were more fun to play, I would definitely go for destro pride on every single fort I can catch, because I also like to annoy city loggers even though I am one of them.

Mordd

Post#24 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:01 pm

the down side of our tanks being inferior so far more order play ranged. Forts are the one time when numbers are normally even and being far more melee based is a disadvantage.

BW aoe is a little better than sorc but mainly only in coverage area. When you are all piling through two doorways the coverage area doesnt really make a difference.

Magus is every bit as good as engi. There are just far less of them because your tanks are more viable. More players on tanks than magus.

Moral drains dont come into play because order is protected by the walls. So we both have morals when you push in. The magus and sorcs constantly using low damage ground target aoe make sure we are full on moral.

M0rw47h

Post#25 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:50 pm

gurtuk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:32 pm how mad would people get if we required people to participate in the zones leading up to a city to enter a city
You can remove royals from city instead.
Give people weekly rewards for contribution in RvR zones, forts and cities (like people get weekly Triumphant Emblems).

Martok

Post#26 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Fazuk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 pmHello everybody so i have learnd from Wonshots "Debate about why Order is how it is" that Destro have a clear Moral advantage...

A moral advantage? Oh, my, that is disconcerting.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

jvlosky

Post#27 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:01 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:50 pm
gurtuk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:32 pm how mad would people get if we required people to participate in the zones leading up to a city to enter a city
Give people weekly rewards for contribution in RvR zones, forts and cities (like people get weekly Triumphant Emblems).
Genius idea

Thorakk

Post#28 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:30 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:50 pm
I like your idea but I still think a currency exchange system would be easier. It's already implemented.
Make it 10 Vanqs for 1 Invader and 10 Invaders for 1 Royal. Make it so if you put time in game = you get rewarded.

Give people freedom to play the way they like and more people (the one that matters) will stay in the game. Either doing pve, instances or orvr.

Ads
KaneLife

Post#29 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm

gurtuk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:35 pm my own personal opinion but I hate city logging, it's basically just waiting till everyone else does all the work then showing up for reward. and you can't even use the excuse that well all I need is royals etc etc no point etc etc, a large portion of the people trying to push midzones and forts already have almost full sov, if it was up to me I'd make it so people who don't participate in the past few rvr zones won't be able to que for the city. again this is my opinion alone but yeah (:
Yeah defiantly agree that city loggers shouldn't get maximum rewards for not participating in the campaign as simple as that

adamthelc

Post#30 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:03 pm

gurtuk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:10 pm imagine all the hundreds of people not In competitive guilds who push zones all day, they finally get to the city and they don't have a full 24 man or even a 12 man to join. then about 200 city loggers login who have premade 24 man's they always que with, who did 0 of the work, those new players normally do not get in the city and the people who did nothing normally do, again this is my opinion but city loggers are pretty terrible
The whole idea of city logging doesn't even occur to me, but I think you pointed out the real issue. That cities don't happen that often and when they do people are left out. Its the new and engaging content and you can't really plan for it or be sure you can even do it when it happens.

To me the fact that you are worried about city logging is more of a symptom of bad game design than it is bad player habits.

Let's say someone only has a couple of hours to play after work. A city happens 30 mins after they log on. They dont deserve to be in it because some new player has the ability to play much longer hours?

Give people more cities in a way that makes gearing take the same amount of time.

I dont really care what happens thats just my opinion. I make no special effort to be on for every city, but it is the only part of the game I really enjoy lately. And it has nothing to do with the rewards.

Let me do every cities all of the time and you never have to give me a royal.