Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vayra

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#81 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:11 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:08 am
Arbich wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm

how can you all not understand that it did not last 1.5 seconds but at least lasted 5-7 seconds. first BW had to put dots on you (2 sec), then cast fireball +3 sec, and only after that you already see your +1.5 sec in logs.
But there were no dots in combat log.
Wachlarz is correct. Such stuff shouldnt happen, cause you have no reaction time (thats why SW m2 was rightfully removed). But I would say that such situations are rare and gear/renown point spending does matter.
Yes indeed. it’s strange that here sear and nova followed before fireball, well, perhaps BW used moral "focuced mind" with sloted tactic "close quartes", but this case the target must be very close (20 feet). And also it’s strange that all three abilities used for 1 second, either this is a display bug, or by reducing casting time this way, GCD does not work.
Not strange at all. Fireball has a travel time. Sear is a 1s cast, and Nova is instant. Combined these 3 will hit at the same time. Toss a Boiling Blood in there first with the tactic and it will hit at about the same time as well. This is a core concept of the Sorc/BW class. If you let us free cast on you, you're gonna have a bad time.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
wachlarz

Post#82 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:35 am

Vayra wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:33 pm
Wachlarz is correct. Such stuff shouldnt happen, cause you have no reaction time (thats why SW m2 was rightfully removed). But I would say that such situations are rare and gear/renown point spending does matter.
That's a gearing, renown issue. He took a little over 5k damage. That should not kill anyone at level 40. If you have ~5k health, you have failed at basic character building.

Besides, we all have eyes, we can look around the battlefield and avoid someone hardcasting spells.
Puzzle.
You play with a friend. You two go to Praag. You stand next to each other. In the alley you suddenly see two Bw Bw A and Bw B. Stand opposite. You are unlucky and you see that your opponent is finishing casting 2 sec speel. Question: Who are they targeting? And how to recognize it. As you said you have eyes. Please explain to me.

Vayra

Post#83 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:48 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:35 am
That's a gearing, renown issue. He took a little over 5k damage. That should not kill anyone at level 40. If you have ~5k health, you have failed at basic character building.

Besides, we all have eyes, we can look around the battlefield and avoid someone hardcasting spells.
Puzzle.
You play with a friend. You two go to Praag. You stand next to each other. In the alley you suddenly see two Bw Bw A and Bw B. Stand opposite. You are unlucky and you see that your opponent is finishing casting 2 sec speel. Question: Who are they targeting? And how to recognize it. As you said you have eyes. Please explain to me.
Move, the one that turns is going for you. And you can see the fireball as it's coming, you have a second to deataunt while it's flying towards you.

This **** isn't rocket science, everyone else either avoids this, or accepts that the BW got the better of them if they die.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

wachlarz

Post#84 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 am

AxelF wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:10 pm Honestly, at this point it's pretty clear that you're steadfastly ignoring all the great advice you've been given in this thread and are adamant that it's not your fault, but still, I'll give it one go...

There were three main reasons you died here:

3) Your chance to be crit - what is it? You were crit three times in a row; maybe this was just unlucky rng in which case there's no thread here - you were unlucky, move on, but chances are you're not geared/rr specced right to have a low enough ctbc. As well as...

2) Your wounds. According to that damage log you have 5848 wounds. That's a bad joke - you're hilariously badly geared/specced. Honestly anyone running around with that level of wounds complaining they got killed quickly is just... You wonder why people have been questioning how long you've been playing the game? That right there is a big reason.

1) Your positioning. You're a Magus, you have a range bonus - position yourself so that you can hit your target and they/the opposing ranged dps can't hit you. I think you said you were in the 'starting area' - can't tell too well on phone but that looks like battle for Prague, and if so where you died is not the 'starting area'. Hell, there's a SM about 10 feet from you, and mounted enemies right under your ledge. Any of that should have been a red flag the size of which should have been impossible to miss telling you that this is a terrible place to be standing. If you hadn't have been time stamped by the BW you were probably about to be punted down and murdered anyway.

As many other people have said, you've received some great advice in this thread on how to avoid this happening, and have taken that advice incredibly poorly. Take it onboard and you probably won't be posting this exact same thread again in a couple of weeks. Or you could stick your head in the sand, insist that you played perfectly and are geared correctly, and experience a nasty case of deja vu.
3. My chance to be crit in 2,3%. What is the% chance of indoor Bw with medium gear? Oh, I did not know that the game has hidden mechanics of luck or bad luck: D.
2. My char have 619 wouds. I have two van items. two opp items. and 2 conq. Opp set is in 2nd position in sc sets. Van set is the 3rd set in rvr. So I don't have the worst items in the game. As you look at, these items have not been drawn randomly. Magus is the archetype of DPS. Someone stated that so much life is enough for him. As you can see, he was wrong.
3.The picture was not taken 1.5 sec after I died. It has changed a bit on the map. So it's a little weak shot

wachlarz

Post#85 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 am

Vayra wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:48 am

Puzzle.
Move, the one that turns is going for you. And you can see the fireball as it's coming, you have a second to deataunt while it's flying towards you.

This **** isn't rocket science, everyone else either avoids this, or accepts that the BW got the better of them if they die.
No one moves. As I wrote, the opponent ends up casting 2 sec spell. You can see that fireball is coming your way. Who exactly in you or your friend?
Maybe you don't know, but every computer game is based on how you wrote "rocket science" or mathematics

wachlarz

Post#86 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:11 am

Grock wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:51 am
AxelF wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:10 pm 2) Your wounds. According to that damage log you have 5848 wounds. That's a bad joke - you're hilariously badly geared/specced. Honestly anyone running around with that level of wounds complaining they got killed quickly is just... You wonder why people have been questioning how long you've been playing the game? That right there is a big reason.
Thats what im saying. Its not just some crazy BW burst, i could probably kill that magus in 2-3 GCDs when in 2h build if i open with Devastate when yellow and get lucky crits :lol:

A White Lion will probably eat it alive in a span of one gcd :lol:
As my friends advise nicely, I have eyes. I see when a small drunken gnome runs at me. I can position myself. Even if it reaches me, he will see that he will not kill me for 2-3 yews, because when he sees I have armor talismans. 75% armor cap.
Puzzle.

Vayra

Post#87 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:22 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 am

Puzzle.

No one moves. As I wrote, the opponent ends up casting 2 sec spell. You can see that fireball is coming your way. Who exactly in you or your friend?
Maybe you don't know, but every computer game is based on how you wrote "rocket science" or mathematics
Unless they're terribad, it doesn't matter since they'll both be targeting either you or your friend, not one on each. And again, you can move and see if their model turns to face you or if the cast comes towards you. You don't have to be standing next to your friend.

But I'm done trying to explain this to you, you're too fixed on the idea that it's the game's fault and not any fault of your own that you died. You even have the BW who killed you explain how you were such an easy mark and you completely ignored it. Enjoy staying bad.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

wachlarz

Post#88 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:58 am

Vayra wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:22 am
wachlarz wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 am

Unless they're terribad, it doesn't matter since they'll both be targeting either you or your friend, not one on each. And again, you can move and see if their model turns to face you or if the cast comes towards you. You don't have to be standing next to your friend.

But I'm done trying to explain this to you, you're too fixed on the idea that it's the game's fault and not any fault of your own that you died. You even have the BW who killed you explain how you were such an easy mark and you completely ignored it. Enjoy staying bad.
When U moved too see who targeting U. One dps target U and U die. Yours friend die too. End of fight. End of pvp. They dont need to assit.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#89 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:14 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:58 am When U moved too see who targeting U. One dps target U and U die. Yours friend die too. End of fight. End of pvp. They dont need to assit.
...or maybe get negative chance to be crit, over 8000 health, guard and healer behind you? This game isn't about soloing.

Fumare

Post#90 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 am

i had the same experiences as the TE playing on a magus first, then on a ranged SH. I have had probs with WL and WH mostly, WL is basically like "jump - execute" and the WH kills u with a knockdown as opener while ur still lying in the dirt. its like playing lvl 10 pvp in certain other games, 2hit pvp. most of the time i find myself laughing, headshaking or screaming at the grotesque dps output. (dataunt, yes. then it takes 1.5 sec longer til u die, woopie! :D )
U hit lvl 40 (with certain classes), then u can enjoy getting butchered for 2 months until u have grinded some kind of gear and the RR to be at least a little useful on the battlefield. super frustrating to new players (i am pretty sure that most ppl stop playing when they enter lvl 40 pvp). i wish they would at least make an mmr for t4 sc's o.s. where one doesnt feel like the 5th wheel on the wagon.

6 man sc's for fresh 40 with no mmr or anything would be really good. lot of fun i can imagine.