Recent Topics

Ads

Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vayra

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#121 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:32 pm

Draugris wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:11 pm
Vayra wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:10 am Uhh, what's your toughness and spirit resist? You mitigated 226 damage out of 2667 from Word of Pain . . . Sorc does debuff spirit resist with Chillwind + tactic, but still.
Toughness: 312
Spirit Resistance: 403
TreefAM wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:04 am Another question is, were you punted in that moment, couple of days ago I crit a slayer for 2.2k because he was in the air when my hand of ruin hit him after the usual doombolt/gloomburst + dotshit wombo combo.
No, i was standing on Keep Walls and all of a sudden evaporated :lol:

I was on my Engineer and i am Level 36 now. And to set this straight, I don´t want to argue against sorcs or the player aka "whine" as the more oversensitive people here would call it, that´s not the point. The only thing I say is that balance in general in RoR has become comical tbh, i don´t know how to phrase it better. Really it´s a Meme. Landing so many skills in the same second without giving you a chance to react, I don´t know, that is simply beyond stupid.
Ok, so you have a bit of toughness, and debuffed almost zero spirit resist. My sorc debuffs spirit rest by 340 (can go higher if you spec higher into the middle tree). You likely had a toughness debuff of some sort on as well (some Sorc staffs have a 100 tougness debuff proc). And you're lvl 36, facing what is a pretty well geared sorc. That explains the lack of mitigation.

Now, for the damage happening so close together. This isn't a RoR thing, this spec dates back to live launch. Initially the rotation was Chillwind (spirit debuff), Word of Pain, Doombolt, Gloomburst, Hand of Ruin/Impending Doom. Those would due to dot timers and different travel time all hit within a very small timeframe. Eventually it changed to swap Doombolt for Arctic Blast to take advantage of the spirit resist debuff, which allows it to hit for comparable if not higher numbers.

This isn't really broken, the Sorc/BW is standing still for 5 or so seconds casting on one target. If you're on a keep wall you should never die to this. You can easily tell when you get Chillwind + WoP on you, at which point all you need to do is break LoS and the rotation stops. It only seems strong in RvR if you're not paying attention and because it's hard to detaunt the correct sorc if you have different target already. In any other scenario it's trivial to avoid the damage.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#122 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:52 pm

This isn't even a Warhammer Online thing. Rotations are a basic "big damage" thing in a lot of MMO's, or any game that has a combination of cast time and flight time that can overlap.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

adamthelc

Post#123 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:37 pm

Draugris wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:11 pm
Vayra wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:10 am Uhh, what's your toughness and spirit resist? You mitigated 226 damage out of 2667 from Word of Pain . . . Sorc does debuff spirit resist with Chillwind + tactic, but still.
Toughness: 312
Spirit Resistance: 403
TreefAM wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:04 am Another question is, were you punted in that moment, couple of days ago I crit a slayer for 2.2k because he was in the air when my hand of ruin hit him after the usual doombolt/gloomburst + dotshit wombo combo.
No, i was standing on Keep Walls and all of a sudden evaporated :lol:

I was on my Engineer and i am Level 36 now. And to set this straight, I don´t want to argue against sorcs or the player aka "whine" as the more oversensitive people here would call it, that´s not the point. The only thing I say is that balance in general in RoR has become comical tbh, i don´t know how to phrase it better. Really it´s a Meme. Landing so many skills in the same second without giving you a chance to react, I don´t know, that is simply beyond stupid.
That is literally the easiest situation to react to it. You see word of pain be applied to you and you back up. Happens all the time.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#124 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Draugris wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:11 pm Landing so many skills in the same second without giving you a chance to react, I don´t know, that is simply beyond stupid.
If you get cursed with chillwind+WoP you MUST know that this is the start of a sorc rotation and MUST brake LOS/detaunt/whatever or will die...you have time to react, and being at keep walls you have a nice overview of the battefield and easy ways to brake LOS....

StrongUn

Post#125 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:12 am

Play a tank, the kill themselves :D

Vayra

Post#126 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:13 am

StrongUn wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:12 am Play a tank, the kill themselves :D
Quite literally. With an afk defensive sov kotbs vs me as an offensive sov sorc on live, without a healer I would kill myself from backlash and thorns before I could kill the kotbs, while the kotbs heals from their passive hp/4s.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Draugris

Post#127 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:33 pm

Vayra wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:32 pm Now, for the damage happening so close together. This isn't a RoR thing, this spec dates back to live launch.
And that is exactly the point, remember BW´s at launch on live lol spamming scorched earth cremating everybody? Over the years RoR in general reminds me more and more of AoR at launch and how busted some things were back then. But anyway, thanks a lot for your detailed explanation.

I guess everybody is entitled to his opinion and that´s perfectly fine. See you on the battlefield ;)
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)