Recent Topics

Ads

Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Let's talk about... everything else
Spellbound

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#51 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:05 am

As a 80BW not in full BiS yet that’s pretty embarrassing for you to have that low Wounds and die without Boiling Blood or Withering Heat in there yet. Sometimes even with BB and Withering Heat a decent geared player has a healer or enough mitigation to almost die and that requires around 5-6 seconds worth of a BW casting 5 spells. You died to 3 BASIC spells.

Fireball, Sear and Nova alone would hardly kill anyone.

I don’t even need a Buffhead when a sorc is casting Chillwind/Word of Pain on me, you can hear the sound. You can’t fix players that don’t gear properly, not aware how to use detaunt, not aware how another class works, not understanding what everyone in this thread is trying to tell you. Yes it’s you. You’ve been given proper explanations from players of both sides and you keep arguing back. You’re the issue and we can’t fix that. Sorcs can do better timestamps, nothing is getting nerfed here. Leave a glass cannon alone, that’s what happens.

Others games you can kill players in seconds too. I’ve had a Sorc and Magus hit me for over 3k on a hit and pretty much took it as my fault for being debuffed, not aware.

It happens, you’ve been given tips. Listen to them and stop responding repeatedly on 1.5 secs. You allowed a BW to stand still for 4+ seconds and many factors in place here on your play style.

Do you even know what Futile Strikes is? I got FS3 when leveling my BW before anything else.

Ads
Grock

Post#52 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:13 am

saupreusse wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 am
Zxul wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:05 pm Go for toughness build- with 800+ toughness/275 init/fs4 bws don't really hit for all that much.
You already reach the soft cap for possible mitigation At 788 toughness. (1050 * 0.75 = 787)
i heard this many times, but wasn't the 75% cap added to whole ability damage when they made toughness not capped by enemy mainstat?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Zxul

Post#53 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:41 am

saupreusse wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:44 am
Zxul wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:38 am

You already reach the soft cap for possible mitigation At 788 toughness. (1050 * 0.75 = 787)
Not when you are including melee/ranged/magical power mods (not to mention a possible toughness debuffs).
Sure but you wont be sble to do this without compromising too much on your ither stats if you arent a tank
Made a post earlier in this thread in reply to someone asking how did I specced my dok, explaining the spec- in general, on dok at least you can do it and still be in top healing spots in city.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Elvicof

Post#54 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:39 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am So everything is okay? I am the worst player on the server. I have the worst equipment. Zero concept about the game.
Sums up the thread perfectly.
Moonlapse and VII

Hecksa

Post#55 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:39 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am So everything is okay? I am the worst player on the server. I have the worst equipment. Zero concept about the game. Fight against the best-dressed character on the server. With the greatest knowledge and skills. And the fight lasts 1.5 sec. People sneeze longer.
You've had a frustrating death. That happens to everyone in this game, as I'm sure you know now you're nearly RR70.

You can react to these deaths in a couple of ways.
1) Blame the game. It can't be fair that you died this way, something must be wrong. This way, you learn nothing and won't become a better player.
2) Blame yourself. Try to find why you died and how you can change to prevent it happening again.

None of the best players on this server got to where they are now by blaming the game when they die. Instead, they blame themselves, figure out what they did wrong, and try to not do it again.

At the moment, you're getting a lot of great help and advice from people on this thread, but you're not reacting well to it. Read what they say, learn, and these kind of deaths will start to seem more avoidable.

wachlarz

Post#56 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am

This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.

Grock

Post#57 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:31 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.
whats your max health
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Sulorie

Post#58 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 am

Zxul wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:05 pm Go for toughness build- with 800+ toughness/275 init/fs4 bws don't really hit for all that much.
I don't think this is how the cap of dmg reduction by toughness is applied.
Let's say you totally ignore armor/resists and only toughness is the only defensive stat.
It depends on the attack you receive, to calculate how much dmg is reduced by toughness. On a high dmg attack, even 1050 toughness won't reduce 75% of it's remaining damage (after applying armor/resist mitigation first).

The toughness nerf was applied to fix edge cases, where in some instances ppl got like 1 or low digit dmg from hits.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#59 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:53 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.
It was 1,5sec for you, because you were sleeping until you "suddenly" died. You should have seen the enemy players casting and do something, not just standing still. Especially not as the only target in range and multiple people having you in target.
Dying is no option.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#60 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 am
I don't think this is how the cap of dmg reduction by toughness is applied.
Let's say you totally ignore armor/resists and only toughness is the only defensive stat.
It depends on the attack you receive, to calculate how much dmg is reduced by toughness. On a high dmg attack, even 1050 toughness won't reduce 75% of it's remaining damage (after applying armor/resist mitigation first).

The toughness nerf was applied to fix edge cases, where in some instances ppl got like 1 or low digit dmg from hits.
No it wont. It is a (attacker main stat - defender toughness) calculation that plays in the dmg calc. And afaik it was capped at max 75% of attacker main stat which usually isnt higher than 1050. Correct me if im wrong.