Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder 'Flames of Fate'

Let's talk about... everything else
Caduceus

Marauder 'Flames of Fate'

Post#1 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Against classes without a snarebreak this ability is a 65ft, 10 sec champion's challenge (that does ~1k damage to boot) and an 'I-win-button' for Marauder against any ranged dps without said snarebreak.

Obviously needs to be fixed. Proposed fix (at least for SW); make Lileath's Forgiveness (SW m1) break roots.

PS: White Lion 'Ensnare' is identical, so the same argument applies, assuming destro ranged lack any tools to break it as well.
Last edited by Caduceus on Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
jughurta69

Re: Marauder 'Flames of Fate'

Post#2 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:56 pm

the WL as the same and pounce and ...
so don't cry please

Caduceus

Post#3 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:58 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:56 pm the WL as the same and pounce and ...
so don't cry please
I don't care about WL.

If destro ranged dps are facing the same issue with WL, it should obviously be nerfed as well. There's no reason a class should have such domination over other classes, even in a game that's (supposedly) "balanced around group pvp".

But go ahead, throw excuses for something that's obviously broken. Amuse me.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

teiloh

Post#4 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:41 pm

This original was a WL only ability. There's no reason Marauders ever should have gotten it.

Remove it from Maras, and I'd recommend lowering the range for WLs down to around 15 and the duration to 7s.

wachlarz

Post#5 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:49 pm

Its funny when U use MORALE to root some1, and some1 use skill and seys too U good bye and run away. So Skill>Morale. U use morale for for 100% parry some1 use a skill and ignore all parry from morale and all parry from a gear and all parry from rr. And its a normal good working skill :D

Wiede

Post#6 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:38 pm

IB has it too, just sayin...

saupreusse
Developer

Post#7 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:20 pm

Its an abomination and usually a 100% death sentence when our wl can cast it. On top of that it is a M1 while most casters get their root immunity on M2. It was removed as a test 3 years ago but marauders and wl cried so loud that it was changed back. So here we are...

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:21 pm

Wiede wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:38 pm IB has it too, just sayin...
IB one only works in melee range.

It boggles my mind since live times, why those morals are M1, considering how powerful they are.
If anything, make them M2. This alone should do the trick to make them more balanced.
Dying is no option.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#9 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:21 pm
Wiede wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:38 pm IB has it too, just sayin...
IB one only works in melee range.

It boggles my mind since live times, why those morals are M1, considering how powerful they are.
If anything, make them M2. This alone should do the trick to make them more balanced.
Yes this way wl and mara would have to chose between their aoe M2 and ensnare.

amagawd

Post#10 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:57 pm

I use Confusing Movements and still kill ranged. As a SW if u get rooted u have the option to swap to melee skills. I don't see the problem. Or maybe u want to kite forever?

If we are 1v1, I pull you and snare you, then stun you so u don't get away anyway. Remove all mara skills, right? Let SW win like in the trailer!!!

Edit: I die to melee specced SW, so there u go.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging