Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder 'Flames of Fate'

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Marauder 'Flames of Fate'

Post#21 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:14 am

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:00 am
The fix I proposed in my original post is to make Lileath's Forgiveness (SW M1) break roots. Currently it only breaks snares. Of course something needs to be found for the other classes that struggle with this same imbalance. I'm not necessarily in favor of nerfing the ability.
You don't have to find anything for other classes, you only have to change mara/wl moral root to m2. There is no justification for this moral to be m1, considering the range and duration.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Ugle

Post#22 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:15 am

Make it break on damage at the very least, both Mara and WL one, thats my only gripe with it.
inactive

Sulorie

Post#23 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:20 am

Ugle wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:15 am Make it break on damage at the very least, both Mara and WL one, thats my only gripe with it.
Then there would be almost no change compared to normal roots, only the range.
Make it m2 and healer, rdps can remove it with their own m2, mdps have a root breaker skill by default and tanks don't care anyway. Then all have some form of counter play.
Dying is no option.

Caduceus

Post#24 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:23 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:20 am
Make it m2 and healer, rdps can remove it with their own m2, mdps have a root breaker skill by default and tanks don't care anyway. Then all have some form of counter play.
I like this idea a lot.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

wachlarz

Post#25 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 am

Ugle wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:15 am Make it break on damage at the very least, both Mara and WL one, thats my only gripe with it.
So healer will break a root. 10 sec immune to next roots, cant be setback cast. So what the point taking New m2 root that will have zero impact in fight.

Caduceus

Post#26 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:50 am

wachlarz wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 am
So healer will break a root. 10 sec immune to next roots, cant be setback cast. So what the point taking New m2 root that will have zero impact in fight.
It still deals 1k damage and acts as a gapcloser since it takes time to activate M2. If rpds/healers want to counter the ability, they need to spend their M2 slot for it. Seems balanced to me.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Zxul

Post#27 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:16 am

List of existing abilities kiters can use vs Flames of Fate:
1. Detaunt.
2. Absorb and heal pots.
3. Ranged snares- if mara blows Mutating Release just to get to rooted target, using 1-2 to survive allows to kill him after.

Last thing this server needs is going back to live, where half destro classes were free renown for a kiting sw.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sulorie

Post#28 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:37 am

See it this way, the healer uses m2 to get out of a melee train and won't have it afterwards for burst healing.
There is still tank chch m1, but this has at least a positioning counter, as it is melee range only.

@Zxul: That mara or WL is allowed to use potions too, so using potions and detaunt doesn't help, when you have to tank their beating, you only prolong the fight. When m1 ends you are still snared and in melee range.
We are not only talking about random 1vs1 encounters, where melee have to blow some cooldowns to even get in range.
More like engagements where you e.g. finish your first target, see new one, use m1 to root and finish them as well, while your victim for the same time in combat has only m1 ready as well and therefore no reasonable counters.
During m1 root you can pray for mercy heals, that's it. When you talk about similar gear and ranks, then the rdps is dead. Assault spec sw are no rdps btw.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Battlefield

Post#29 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:44 am

First of all needed to start from Mara's pull and it is broken or bugged now but WL pet's pull not..... btw what about SW' range knockdown is to be also nerfed too? I think u dont understand that Marauder made versus range dps and he should do them as WL (but wl is stronger against them)!
Last edited by Battlefield on Tue May 26, 2020 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

wachlarz

Post#30 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:44 am

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:50 am
It still deals 1k damage and acts as a gapcloser since it takes time to activate M2. If rpds/healers want to counter the ability, they need to spend their M2 slot for it. Seems balanced to me.
1k dmg its 2 ticks of hot heal. U have detaut. U have m2. U have aoe punt, or just heal. U can have a guard if U play in party or a sec healer to heal U.