Recent Topics

Ads

zealot, shaman or archmage?

Let's talk about... everything else
Malleable

zealot, shaman or archmage?

Post#1 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 am

So I played Warhammer AoR many years ago, and decided to try it out again with RoR.
I always play ranged damage dealers, and prefer those who have some healing ability.
So Zealot, Shaman and Archmage fit the bill. I'm not sure how these classes compare with each other currently.
I guess Zealot has a self rez. I remember liking the channeling DD spells from Shaman (and maybe Archmage). Also, I tend to four-box, and play the same class, if that matters.
Could anyone point out the advantages and disadvantages between the three classes?

Thanks,
Mal

Ads
Asderas27

Re: zealot, shaman or archmage?

Post#2 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:04 am

If you want to play rdps with healing play archmage or engineer.
Zealot and shaman dps is not wanted in endgame content.Some ppl may run one dps zealot for the debuffs but its very niche. Heal zealot and Morale pump shaman are the goto for destro
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Fey

Post#3 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:25 am

Dps zealot isn't a thing outside of Lortie. Shaman and AM do quite well as dps with some heals on the side.

The self-rez is a meme ability because it rezzes you in place where you just died. It's almost useless. Ignore it when choosing a character to play.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Spyked1106

Post#4 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:43 am

dps zealot is bad
i suggest you AM or Shaman
depend on your faction choice
if you want better healing surviability > shaman
better dot dps > AM

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:38 am

Zealot are healers. The DPS wasnt good on live and its fallen even further behind with other classes getting buffs.
Shaman are good at most things. The real jack of all trades class. Shaman have good group utility too. They get an extra hot.
AMs are very much a soloers class, which is why you see so many solo, it gets an extra dot which make scoreboards look good.

Sounds like you want a Shaman.

Starx

Post#6 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:09 am

multiboxing is banned on this server, and you will get caught.

As far as RDPS healers the only one that actually doesn't suck is DPS AM, and that only works in small scale and solo. Terrible for warbands and city, until you get full sov and even then its pretty medicore.

inb4 b-b-but dps shaman can kite and live longer!!

M0rw47h

Post#7 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:26 am

If you want to deal damage and sustain yourself, the only right choice here is Shaman.

doxifera

Post#8 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:30 am

Malleable wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 am So I played Warhammer AoR many years ago, and decided to try it out again with RoR.
I always play ranged damage dealers, and prefer those who have some healing ability.
So Zealot, Shaman and Archmage fit the bill. I'm not sure how these classes compare with each other currently.
I guess Zealot has a self rez. I remember liking the channeling DD spells from Shaman (and maybe Archmage). Also, I tend to four-box, and play the same class, if that matters.
Could anyone point out the advantages and disadvantages between the three classes?

Thanks,
Mal
Sham or AM

Ads
Malleable

Post#9 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm

Starx,
Thanks for pointing that out. I use to multibox in Age of Reckoning, and it wasn't banned, so I assumed the rules were the same.
From what I found in the terms of service it says "
- Don't automate your gameplay by any means (macros, bots, gaming mice, etc.) If your character is acting in the game, you MUST be able to respond to a GM if prompted."
Doesn't actually exclude playing multiple characters on multiple accounts. But I did read something about a guy getting banned when his kid was playing a separate account (or so he says).
Damn. I liked the game, but really like playing multiple guys at once. Usually four accounts, always different computers, keyboards and mice. I never automate anything. Just /follow /assist. BUT if multiboxing is banned, I understand.
Thanks for the headsup.
Mal