Recent Topics

Ads

Engi vs Magus aoe specs

Let's talk about... everything else
Crumbs

Engi vs Magus aoe specs

Post#1 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:53 pm

These are the things that have always confused the **** out of me between the two;

1. I dont understand why magus has a mobile lightning rod that sticks to them that they can even cast on the move

2. I dont understand why they get a flat 15% crit damage bonus on their supposed single target sov set as early as a 4pc bonus (where as engi gets 6% armor pen, its **** all, and 6% armor pen does not translate to 6% more damage), that crit damage just flat functions for every ability they have including all of their superior aoe abilities, its massive, naturally they use it in conjuction with their crit damage tactic as well, which in our place would be fightin chance, reducing our toughness just so we can **** around with weaponskill, which ive tested to the bone and still sucks ****. imagine what frf is critting for even out of spec when it gets a 50% crit damage multiplier + 15% + 12%, forget sorcs crit damage. and that same tactic increases the crit damage for one of their hardest hitting aoe dots at the same time, as well as a handful of other strong ST abilities.

3. I dont understand why engi is still stuck with a physical damage lash that you have to sacrifice everything else for just to deal 75% of the damage as a magus lash spam, this includes sacrificing the designated grenade/aoe tree to be able to grab the armor pen ability from rifleman
which lasts 10s and has a 60s CD, sacrificing all defenses to get weaponskill and still be at softcap BS and max crit, again to deal worse considerably worse damage than its magus equivalent even if they didnt have their absurd crit multipliers.

4. I dont understand how firestorm is able to be cast on the move purely bc of animation reasons vs phos shells

5. and i dont understand how they get to have everything at once, bigger and harder critting magical damage ST, harder hitting and movable pbaoe that also crits harder and is all magical that they can aoe debuff (if not grab a chosen), much much higher defensive stats, more mobility, better kiting ability, and **** everything under the sun in one spec for city so they can completely obliterate everything like they are the next choppa, this is with magnet, they only thing they dont spec into is the ST tree but thats already strong af (check point 2 for reminder as to why) and doesnt require weaponskill, they just *boop* switch to pink horror and they good to go. Yes I'm talking everything under the sun when i say it, no I'm not exaggerating, i've already told magus' on destro to run this build to prove a point and its broken strong.

I didnt make this post to argue back and forth about who has what, i know EXACTLY what they both have, don't argue with me. like every time i make a post like this some proper egg will come in spewing mad nonsense more afraid their class will get a nerf than actually being considerate, its just not the case. Magus is far better and more viable for literally everything

I am this ( ) far from just gearing my magus and stomping order until someone finally understands, yea ill kill a magus 1v1 because engi gets pierce defenses and we're both stacking 70% dodge/disrupt in our best dueling setup, it dont mean **** in cities, organized wbs, or scs.
I dont care for a pugs opinion either so if you consider yourself one, keep your input out of here, i dont care if youve been globaled by a snipe engi, seriously i can see the arguments that will be made in their defense and they're worthless.

I want a bone thrown at engi, if i can at least get some acknowledgement then ill will be constructive and help brain storm something that can balance things out, hell ill still keep it favor of magus but how it is currently is a no go for me anymore.
Last edited by Crumbs on Wed May 20, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Engi vs Magus aoe specs

Post#2 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:55 pm

We are not currently considering Engi/Magus for any significant balance changes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Crumbs

Post#3 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:58 pm

no ****, you said that like 2 years ago before sov
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

raistomen

Post#4 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Crumbs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:53 pm yea ill kill a magus 1v1 because engi gets pierce defenses a
I mean assuming you are not trolling, Ive seen engies top dps charts in cities, can't say the same for magi

also engies are better at killing sorcs and healers in general ,vs magi

just like idk, play a sorc for a while , you will start to appreciate engies.

Crumbs

Post#5 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 pm

So for any aspiring magus especially encroaching sov, since my post wont even be looked at because probably everyone is too worried about my language or whatever something personal about me, or they're not giving my knowledge about the classes their due credit.

My only option left is to release the build details on how you can be this kind of magus, big public build with all the deets, magus will love it, destro will love magus, order will hate magus and myself, and then maybe devs are going to reconsider the balance between the two, its a win win. I'm going to put everything down, including exactly how you spec your renown, the playstyle, and your 6man setup in WB/city/sc, It'll take me a bit to do the math on the stat optimizing but it'll be in the next day or two. I cbf waiting for a magus to stumble across the build so we can get this balance done and dusted as soon as possible.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Crumbs

Post#6 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:36 pm

raistomen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:25 pm
Crumbs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:53 pm yea ill kill a magus 1v1 because engi gets pierce defenses a
I mean assuming you are not trolling, Ive seen engies top dps charts in cities, can't say the same for magi

also engies are better at killing sorcs and healers in general ,vs magi

just like idk, play a sorc for a while , you will start to appreciate engies.
blah blah sorry for being rude but i cbf arguing with that ****, I'm not your typical "WL is OP or XYZ class is OP whinger" with no numbers to prove it or consistent evidence, when you see an engi top damage it will likely be me, absolutely **** sweating my ass, or a pug that got lucky, or thorbolt. You're most likely the pug im telling to keep their input out of here
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

gglanouille

Post#7 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:42 pm

the "moving lightning rod" you said is not an pugraded version oflighning rods, because you can't put it on the flag and run back, preventing others to take the objective because magus need to BE near the flag anyway (and die because of light armor)... The magus has a shitty skill of 25% chance to damage back, instead of THE HEALING KEG ( soo usefull on any engi)...
(and yes i have a lack of knowledge for the sov arguments because my magus and my engi are invader geared)
in my opinion they are more or less balanced

Crumbs

Post#8 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:49 pm

gglanouille wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:42 pm the "moving lightning rod" you said is not an pugraded version oflighning rods, because you can't put it on the flag and run back, preventing others to take the objective because magus need to BE near the flag anyway (and die because of light armor)... The magus has a shitty skill of 25% chance to damage back, instead of THE HEALING KEG ( soo usefull on any engi)...
(and yes i have a lack of knowledge for the sov arguments because my magus and my engi are invader geared)
in my opinion they are more or less balanced
horrible argument, useless waste of a cd for lightning rod if thats what you think is a good strategy on your engi, i dont even need to say anything about keg vs aegis especially in organized. To summarize it better i dont even take keg for anything organized, another pug singled out.

"The magus has a shitty skill of 25% chance to damage back" **** me dead
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
doxifera

Post#9 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:57 pm

The author forgot to mention about the one shoot combo - Snipe + Focused Fire, probably his balance is selective)
P.S.
15% crit for everything, etc.
Last edited by doxifera on Wed May 20, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starx

Post#10 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:00 pm

Crumbs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 pm So for any aspiring magus especially encroaching sov, since my post wont even be looked at because probably everyone is too worried about my language or whatever something personal about me, or they're not giving my knowledge about the classes their due credit.

My only option left is to release the build details on how you can be this kind of magus, big public build with all the deets, magus will love it, destro will love magus, order will hate magus and myself, and then maybe devs are going to reconsider the balance between the two, its a win win. I'm going to put everything down, including exactly how you spec your renown, the playstyle, and your 6man setup in WB/city/sc, It'll take me a bit to do the math on the stat optimizing but it'll be in the next day or two. I cbf waiting for a magus to stumble across the build so we can get this balance done and dusted as soon as possible.
games been out for like over a decade, not a whole lot has changed for magus/engineer there isn't much to theorycraft that hasn't been already. Even if magus is better than engineer for raw damage output in AoE for city it's still trash. IDC how good you are at magus a good sorc/mara/msh etc... will always put your damage to shame.