Recent Topics

Ads

Serious Topic: Post City DPS + HPS

Let's talk about... everything else
raistomen

Re: Serious Topic: Post City DPS + HPS

Post#11 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Przepraszam wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 pm obviously everything is fine with class balance....:D
its important to note that not everything a class contributes is quantified as heals or damage.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#12 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 pm

raistomen wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 pm
Przepraszam wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 pm obviously everything is fine with class balance....:D
its important to note that not everything a class contributes is quantified as heals or damage.
I think the general consensus is that what those "nonviable " classes bring isnt worth what's loss by not bringing a meta pick.

Unless your talking about tanks then I agree, but he specifically asks for dps and HPS which I dont really expect any tanks to be pumping, if they do, awesome, but rather a tank be on top of CCing, keeping close to his guard target, punts, taunts to interrupt, etc. Even then u have tanks like IB that are only taken, more often than not, if u cant find 4 kotbs and sms. at least 2h bg has aoe crit debuff.

Telen
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 am

DOK/WP are fine

Tamarlan

Post#14 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 am

Telen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 amDOK/WP are fine
2008 I made the proposal to mark DOK/WP as the RVR healer within the character creation screen to ensure that new players know from the very beginning what they can expect from their class.

For endgame, which are cities, it is go DOK/WP or go home. Valid since live...
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

raistomen

Post#15 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:21 pm

Tamarlan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 am
Telen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 amDOK/WP are fine
2008 I made the proposal to mark DOK/WP as the RVR healer within the character creation screen to ensure that new players know from the very beginning what they can expect from their class.

For endgame, which are cities, it is go DOK/WP or go home. Valid since live...
is not single target also kinda important if someone is getting spiked?

Telen
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:27 pm

raistomen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:21 pm is not single target also kinda important if someone is getting spiked?
With the aoe cap lifted no. You want consistent continuous aoe heals. Burst can be countered with guards, detaunts, morales. Even then you can res. If multiple people start going thats when the res chain starts and youre onto a wipe.

Bosli

Post#17 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Telen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:27 pm With the aoe cap lifted no. You want consistent continuous aoe heals. Burst can be countered with guards, detaunts, morales. Even then you can res. If multiple people start going thats when the res chain starts and youre onto a wipe.
Sorry, but simply not true. If the other team has the 1group singletarget focus setup, which was kind of meta for a while (and still is the most effective imo), then you need at least one, better two AP healers specced for single target. Even playing against full AoE groups, there are always very few players taking higher burst damage than the rest, since the AoE players also (if they are decent) use an assist macro, and having 4+ DPS also hit with auto attacks on the same target makes a big difference.
When I was still playing Zealot, I was playing city sieges on my pure single heal spec without using groupheal once. Using HoTs if there is no focus for a second, I was able to rival fullheal DoKs in total heals in every second match. Believe it or not, I don't really care, but well played single target healers are heavily underrated.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Bosli wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:59 pm but well played single target healers are heavily underrated.
Totally this.
also the bunch of utility that ze/rp brings + ST heal.

IMO dok+ze combo is better than dok+dok.

Ads
Tamarlan

Post#19 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:04 pm
Bosli wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:59 pm but well played single target healers are heavily underrated.
Totally this.

No doubt that Zealot comes with some nice tools like stagger, AP ritual and great tactics for group play. There is also no doubt that Zealot is great for scenarios, roaming and PvE. Even for cities Zealot is still a very solid pick. The pure healing power is what makes me think that the more DOKs you can bring to city fights the better for you.

I might be wrong with my assumption tho.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#20 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Spoiler:
Tamarlan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 pm
emiliorv wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:04 pm
Totally this.

No doubt that Zealot comes with some nice tools like stagger, AP ritual and great tactics for group play. There is also no doubt that Zealot is great for scenarios, roaming and PvE. Even for cities Zealot is still a very solid pick. The pure healing power is what makes me think that the more DOKs you can bring to city fights the better for you.

I might be wrong with my assumption tho.
From destru pov, Zealot:
-Tezeench´s grip: abs proc from zealot direct heals (now procs from healing ritual too) its like 700 abs shield, and procs a lot => dont showed on "healing numbers"
-Blessing of chaos: +25% healing from crit heals => this +25% is a boost for other healers too (not only the one who bring the proc)

That 2 tactics are really helpfull