Recent Topics

Ads

WLs ignore all armor when I am knocked down?

Let's talk about... everything else
AxelF

Re: WLs ignore all armor when I am knocked down?

Post#21 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:20 am

You'd have to check but I'd be surprised if it didn't work in the same way ie armour debuff applies before the extra 30% armour is added

Ads
DokB

Post#22 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:46 pm

Works the same way with YW.
"Working as Intended" - https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15279
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Illuminati

Post#23 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:48 pm

Wow if that is it that its poorly thought out and fixed so that armor debuffs don’t work on base stats
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Stophy22

Post#24 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 am

Working as intended, huh. I don't see how buffing your armor says anywhere that enemy armor debuffs hit harder.

Instead of labeling it "working as intended" it should be said that either the dev power to fix the problem isn't present, or they'll get to it in the future when it's fixable because it currently isn't.

Saying something is working as intended when its working incorrectly is incredibly silly.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Illuminati

Post#25 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 am

Agree. Can we get a dev or Wargrim to take a look at this one when able? This is probably why some folks are having some big issues with WL damage.

Thanks!
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Starx

Post#26 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:05 am

I mean even if they fix it, it's only gonna effect MSH/SW/BO, I don't think any other classes have % increased armor mechanics?

If you guys wanted to test the theory that the KD or WL pet armor debuff are bugged it would be a pretty simple task to just find a tank and start running threw a few rotations w/ and w/o certain things.

Slaegan13

Post#27 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:14 am

Asherdoom wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:33 pm another qq topic about WL incomin come on community do your best! D:

WL player spotted

Razash

Post#28 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 am

AxelF wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 am
spiritbull wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:09 am If you're speaking about msh (that overpowered beast killing anything (c)order), then you're the class suffering most from any armor debuffs. At least as far as I'm know, it works approximately the following way:
(your armor - armor debuff)*armor x2multiplier from TA or pet
It means, if you have 1750armor from your equip, and TA tactics, you have 3500armor
WL debuffs you for 1600 armor, (1750-1600)*2=300armor left on you
Note: if something changed past months, I may not be aware. But when mSHs were inroduced, it worked that way, as far as I'm remember.
Similar way it worked for Blord weapons
you can always check. (but please use .getstats command, not standard char window)
The answer is here, armour debuffs and ignore armour attacks work on your base armour pool, not your doubled armour from TA. As Spiritbull says if you have 3500 armour with TA that means your real armour value for debuff/ignore calculations is about 1750.

Almost all of that will have been removed by Force Opportunity, likely leaving you with somewhere between 150 and 300 base armour, or between 300 and 600 with TA.

The Sundering Chop hit you mentioned will then ignore half of your remaining base armour, so your base armour will be between 75 and 150. Then you need to add armour penetration from the WLs WS and items, and you're pretty much down to zero. And zero doubled by your TA tactic is still zero.

95 mitigation on a 1381 hit (about 7%) sounds about right for a toughness only mitigation (even being generous and saying you might have about 30 base armour left after FO, SC, Weapon skill and items, 60 odd armour with your TA tactic will mitigate nothing).

Easy way to test would be to remove TA tactic and repeat your tests. mSH can get high levels of armour and feel near invincible, but armour debuffs and ignore armour attacks are basically twice as effective against you. A maxed Force Opportunity removes 3200 armour from you.
In what world would a debuff/ignore armor attack disregard buffed armor in the first place? If this is how it's working in game, there is no reason it should be working this way. Otherwise, there isn't much point in buffing armor in the first place.

Ads
Nekkma

Post#29 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:50 am

Starx wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:05 am I mean even if they fix it, it's only gonna effect MSH/SW/BO, I don't think any other classes have % increased armor mechanics?
If this is how it functions in general, other classes and abilities may be affected as well. You wot for instance increase armor, resist, parry, block, dodge and disrupt, all percentage based. If it is only armor, then the only other percentage based buff i can think of is from banners.

Edit: Parry, block, dodge and disrupt are additive from you wot so they are not affected. Still all multiplicative buffs/debuffs would be affected if debuffs are applied first.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Manatikik

Post#30 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:17 am

Stophy22 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 am Working as intended, huh. I don't see how buffing your armor says anywhere that enemy armor debuffs hit harder.

Instead of labeling it "working as intended" it should be said that either the dev power to fix the problem isn't present, or they'll get to it in the future when it's fixable because it currently isn't.

Saying something is working as intended when its working incorrectly is incredibly silly.

Its how live worked. Cutting Claw was 2x if applied on Assault SW's.
<Montague><Capulet>