Recent Topics

Ads

Rvr is not made to handle this many players

Let's talk about... everything else
Omegus

Re: Rvr is not made to handle this many players

Post#11 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:56 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:19 pm
Starx wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:48 am >nerf oil back to where it was, tanks should not be dying on ram to just oil with proper healing (this alone will make sieges go 30 minutes faster when its 300v300)
You haven't played with Graffer on Order side, the legend is ramming alone with oil above him. Not saying the damage isn't crazy, but it's certainly doable with good healers knowing the tank is going for it.
We do this all the time as well. When oil is up we have 2 tanks in the WB remain on and keep ramming while the healers focus them. We've found keeping up more than 2 tanks per WB is difficult with all the other crap being thrown at them but if another WB joins in then we're great. Even with 2 people progress is still being made on the door.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
skinnyraf

Post#12 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:19 pm

disable spawning inside keep if either outer or inner door is hit
Exactly. What is wrong with such option? It's a siege after all. It means you're cut off from external support, unless they manage to break through into the keep.

Asherdoom

Post#13 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:21 pm

they could make RVR "instanced" like wintergrasp back in day for WOW no more than 100 vs 100 for example and gg problem solved

Sarnai

Post#14 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:27 pm

I'm all for more restrictions on spawning in keep, but not as soon as outer is hit. Maybe 75%, or even 90%. Hitting outer with a cannon to stop ranking a keep is already a garbage tactic and I'd hate to see 100% uptime of no spawning in the keep that way.
WH looking for gunbad left

Vayra

Post#15 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:28 pm

You can't use main door on keep when it's below 50%, right? At that point spawning in keep should be disabled.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

ProudGinger

Post#16 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:35 am Removing any sort of collision will kill the game, what's the point of flanking someone if their tanks can just phase through to the backline.
I don't mean remove the collision entirely, just collision with your friendly faction. That way you will have a better change to get through the funnel/choke point with all the other tanks/melee dps that push, then choke and backpedal. Would also make it easier to go through the aoe of the opposing team. Keeping the collision between order and destro would still remain. Like I said it's one of the feature that makes tanks "real" tanks in this game, but the fact that having more attackers is somewhat detrimental goes against logic. You should have a better chance of winning with more attackers, but the fact that people just stand there, blocking the ram from reaching the door and then once the door open they don't push properly is making it way harder for your own faction.

The issues I have is not so much the collision itself, it's the fact that if your own faction can mess you up so bad and there is nothing you can do about it. Yes you can report people purposely killing a ram, but can you report someone from your own faction bodyblocking a keep door so your own faction can't get in? Even if we could good luck targetting them, or spotting them blocking the door during a siege. There is also a lot of new players or players being ignorant that don't understand how much harder they are making this game for their own faction.

I like some suggestiong I'm seeing in this thread about preventing people from reaching the keep, etc. Those would stop some issues with rvr atm, but once the defenders are in the keep we end up with the same issue as before. The stalemate of attackers not able to get in the keep and defenders sitting ducks in the keep waiting and aoeing every door.

Again the sad reality is that it would take a complete revamp to "fix" it using our methods and the ressource are not there. It's almost impossible to fix. Maybe if there is less players the issues would fix themselves or if people start pushing more than one zone at a time to thin out the defending faction.

BelligerentBob

Post#17 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Add siege towers to the game to make placement of rdps/mdps/tanks/healers mean something.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

Vayra

Post#18 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:51 pm

ProudGinger wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm
TreefAM wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:35 am Removing any sort of collision will kill the game, what's the point of flanking someone if their tanks can just phase through to the backline.
I don't mean remove the collision entirely, just collision with your friendly faction. That way you will have a better change to get through the funnel/choke point with all the other tanks/melee dps that push, then choke and backpedal. Would also make it easier to go through the aoe of the opposing team. Keeping the collision between order and destro would still remain. Like I said it's one of the feature that makes tanks "real" tanks in this game, but the fact that having more attackers is somewhat detrimental goes against logic. You should have a better chance of winning with more attackers, but the fact that people just stand there, blocking the ram from reaching the door and then once the door open they don't push properly is making it way harder for your own faction.

The issues I have is not so much the collision itself, it's the fact that if your own faction can mess you up so bad and there is nothing you can do about it. Yes you can report people purposely killing a ram, but can you report someone from your own faction bodyblocking a keep door so your own faction can't get in? Even if we could good luck targetting them, or spotting them blocking the door during a siege. There is also a lot of new players or players being ignorant that don't understand how much harder they are making this game for their own faction.

I like some suggestiong I'm seeing in this thread about preventing people from reaching the keep, etc. Those would stop some issues with rvr atm, but once the defenders are in the keep we end up with the same issue as before. The stalemate of attackers not able to get in the keep and defenders sitting ducks in the keep waiting and aoeing every door.

Again the sad reality is that it would take a complete revamp to "fix" it using our methods and the ressource are not there. It's almost impossible to fix. Maybe if there is less players the issues would fix themselves or if people start pushing more than one zone at a time to thin out the defending faction.
Don't remove friendly collision. Swap friendly and enemy collision. Currently there's a very hard friendly collision, with a softer enemy collision. Those should be swapped (and I'm pretty sure were swapped on live). That way you can push through allies by walking into them for a second or so, but enemies are a rock wall you can't move through.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
ProudGinger

Post#19 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:58 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:39 pm Add siege towers to the game to make placement of rdps/mdps/tanks/healers mean something.
I like the idea of siege tower, adding another way into a keep that could surprise the defenders and catch them off guard. Like I said in the first post, it could use the supply from the zone and after X amount of supply it spawns automatically somewhere near the keep. It would also add another aspect to the game making the BO more useful during siege. If some defenders can't reach the keep they can prevent the supplies from reaching the keep and spawning the siege tower.

Again, that would need some ressource and time which the team might not have

diedrake

Post#20 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:13 pm

One of the fixes could be not having all of the server in one zone minus t1 of course. What i mean is that this server seems to have more on it then any of the live servers. Mabe have t2 and 3 chars be locked untill rank 35 in which case rank 35+ will be in t4. As of rn rnk 35 to 39 is somewhat a stalemate in gear acquisition as they cannot get conc med's nor genisis untill 40... Why not lift that off. This is to provide an easier transition as a fresh 40.

Just saying having so many players in a zone for me anyway, lag is horrible now then it was ever on live. And that was on a laptop in baricks wifi in 2007 ish to 2010
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x