Recent Topics

Ads

WhiteLion Damage

Let's talk about... everything else
amagawd

WhiteLion Damage

Post#1 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:50 pm

I'll just dive right into it:

7700 hp, 24% parry, 23% dodge, 54.7% physical reduction.

Whitelions kill me in 2 GCD. 1 stun of 2 seconds, by the time I am back on my feet - I'm dead. I get that knockdowns ignore parry and dodge (I think) but dead in 3 seconds? I'm spamming my buttons, I don't even touch him and he kills me. I don't have time to pot, I don't have time to stun him, I don't have time to do anything but read the combat log quickly scrolling up with red numbers and dead. I am 71 Mara using Gift of Monstro so even less armor penetration. So, how is this possible?

At the moment it seems to me it's the most broken class followed by engineers ( grenades through walls ) and AMs (2 gcd - 6 dots).

Something has to be changed about WL. I'm not crying over their mobility and perma slow, that's ok. But you can't have that AND insane burst. It's not even funny encountering one. I died to a grey WL while being in full vanq in 4 seconds, I managed to hit him twice. A grey one mind you. In full Vanq.

My solution is simple, tone his damage down a bit and keep an eye on his performance. I'm not asking it to be nerfed to the ground, but bear in mind that if I'm getting killed in 2-3 seconds with 7700 hp, I can't even speak for casters. I guess they just see the WL jump on them and ready to release, no need for any stun.

I understand that, maybe, Devs are playing WL, hell I will reroll one as well just to kill whatever I encounter in maximum 8 seconds. But that's not skill, nor is balance. It's broken. I fail to see how this is working as intended really, as I remember them being good dps on retail servers, but not as broken as here.

I hope some Dev reads this and finds common sense in what I am describing, putting his WL aside and trying to fix something that is completely broken. Might as well play with /godmode on and be done with it.

I understand many people play WL now cuz it's so broken, and balancing it so that it takes a bit more skill to play rather than: Jump/Stun/Targetisdead might trigger a decrease in said class population, but think about the people on the other end. I haven't seen one person saying WL are not broken. Everyone is complaining about their burst and mobility. Lower the burst, and people will at least stand a chance.

Or soon we will have 24 WL in cities. Don't know why it hasn't happened yet.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Ads
MMXX43

Re: WhiteLion Damage

Post#2 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:58 pm

ever heard of MSH ?
Ams kite inferior to Shammy also .
Also this is like talking about a mara .

amagawd

Post#3 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:00 pm

MMXX43 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:58 pm ever heard of MSH ?
I never saw in my 71 RR one MSH or Mara melting some1 in 2 seconds. Never. I see all WL melting every1 in 3 seconds tho
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

MMXX43

Post#4 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:01 pm

amagawd wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:00 pm
I never saw in my 71 RR one MSH or Mara melting some1 in 2 seconds. Never. I see all WL melting every1 in 3 seconds tho
you are funny.

gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#5 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:02 pm

WL is a good solo 1v1 class with decent aoe, I don't even think they are overpowered, I've never seen a WL out damage a good Choppa or a good mara in a city before, but I guess I haven't been in that many
gorbane - choppa

boomcat
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:04 pm

stop trolling u donkey..
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

MMXX43

Post#7 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:05 pm

boomcat wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:04 pm
stop trolling u donkey..
Trolling ? 100% serious.

jokerspsycho

Post#8 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:11 pm

amagawd wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:50 pm Or soon we will have 24 WL in cities. Don't know why it hasn't happened yet.
Please someone do this.

Edit: grabbing popcorn in case this gets spicy
Ps:buff wh :D

Ads
amagawd

Post#9 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:12 pm

gurtuk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:02 pm WL is a good solo 1v1 class with decent aoe, I don't even think they are overpowered, I've never seen a WL out damage a good Choppa or a good mara in a city before, but I guess I haven't been in that many
Good choppa and good mara probably are AOE spec in cities, so most likely they will top the dmg meters. However, can we compare the kills? I spoke to many rr80+ maras, some single target specced, and they still don't melt people like WL do.

WL is a good burster, not a good 1v1. Because even in cities they jump on the squishies and they kill them quite fast, with heals on them. Or maybe things work differently in cities than in ORVR, statswise. I haven't been in many cities either.

But it's really easy to compare this, especially from a GM/DEV side: full gear a WL and whatever other class u wish to compare and roll it on a ragdoll. I'm quite sure the WL wins every dps race.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

MMXX43

Post#10 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:16 pm

amagawd wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:12 pm
gurtuk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:02 pm WL is a good solo 1v1 class with decent aoe, I don't even think they are overpowered, I've never seen a WL out damage a good Choppa or a good mara in a city before, but I guess I haven't been in that many
Good choppa and good mara probably are AOE spec in cities, so most likely they will top the dmg meters. However, can we compare the kills? I spoke to many rr80+ maras, some single target specced, and they still don't melt people like WL do.

WL is a good burster, not a good 1v1. Because even in cities they jump on the squishies and they kill them quite fast, with heals on them. Or maybe things work differently in cities than in ORVR, statswise. I haven't been in many cities either.

But it's really easy to compare this, especially from a GM/DEV side: full gear a WL and whatever other class u wish to compare and roll it on a ragdoll. I'm quite sure the WL wins every dps race.
then do that with an MSH.