WhiteLion Damage

Let's talk about... everything else
sogeou

Re: WhiteLion Damage

Post#61 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:15 pm

mubbl wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:30 pm
sogeou wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:04 pm
geezereur wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:08 pm

85% of the burst? more like 50% and only on really squishy targets.

I have DPS numbers. Do you have them? How about we both post them? Because I am using facts while you are using your mind.
Reliable facts? Woot, thats new!
May you show them? Cause now its 85% of nothing...

Get em is double the damage of CS from the WL. Maybe that move should be nerfed or tactic removed.

Ads
Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#62 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:35 pm

Stelios123 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:14 pm White Lion - Medium Armor,mobility,gap closer,knock down+root,high single target AND aoe damage!
and then you got **** like Witch Hunters :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen:
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

Telen
Suspended

Post#63 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Tbh those calling for WL nerfs because they have too much are just going to get sh nerfed alongside it.

Typheran

Post#64 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:38 am

Telen wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:45 pm Tbh those calling for WL nerfs because they have too much are just going to get sh nerfed alongside it.
Isn’t mara the mirror class to WL? Why would SH get nerfed? By you logic mara would get buffed.

R3xz

Post#65 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:22 am

Typheran wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:38 am
Telen wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:45 pm Tbh those calling for WL nerfs because they have too much are just going to get sh nerfed alongside it.
Isn’t mara the mirror class to WL? Why would SH get nerfed? By you logic mara would get buffed.
In RoR the WL, SW, SH, and Mara are in a "4-way" mirror with each other.

The shared mechanics/playstyle are:

Mara and WL has pull
Mara and SW has stances
SH and WL has pounce
SH and SW are melee/range hybrid

In my honest opinion, all 4 of these classes should be looked at if anything is done about WL or SH, including if there will be a buff or rework to SW and rSH

Starx

Post#66 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:28 am

Id rather see other classes just buffed, it's been too long the case on this server balance wise to give a class a nice buff then to over react and take a dump on it hard. The easiest case to point to and one everyone should be able to see is the DPS AM/Shaman channel. You go from making the skill dealing double the DPS (not damage) and actually removing the CD in some circumstances... to now always having an extended cd and now it also for some reason puts a perm 20% outgoing healdebuff on yourself too.

Will the game become faster and have a lower TTK as a result? Probably but imo the game is a little slow RN... especially in these long drawn out res wars in 24v24 and the perfect executes needed in 6v6 to actually kill someone.

Give everyone a big stick

Telen
Suspended

Post#67 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:39 am

Typheran wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:38 am Isn’t mara the mirror class to WL? Why would SH get nerfed? By you logic mara would get buffed.
You go on the basis of having 'too much'.

Telen
Suspended

Post#68 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:44 am

Starx wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:28 am Id rather see other classes just buffed, it's been too long the case on this server balance wise to give a class a nice buff then to over react and take a dump on it hard. The easiest case to point to and one everyone should be able to see is the DPS AM/Shaman channel. You go from making the skill dealing double the DPS (not damage) and actually removing the CD in some circumstances... to now always having an extended cd and now it also for some reason puts a perm 20% outgoing healdebuff on yourself too.
I dont mind the reducing heals from a pure dps spec but they nerfed the hybrid spec that we had a couple of years ago because 'reasons' (the real reason was they were pissed off with Az and decided to burn everything he had touched so we got punished for just pure vindictive reasons within the dev team). Considering now that we have shield DoK/WP that can put out far more heals and damage than that AM spec ever did its clear that it was fine.

Ads
jvlosky

Post#69 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:08 am

Typheran wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:38 am
awww yess just like how, according to your logic, WL should have gotten a damage buff across the board at the same time mara did a few patches ago lmao.

flatfoot1987

Post#70 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:27 am

I currently have active toons representing most melee dps careers in the game (albeit it's all rr4x lowbies). If we're talking order the WL is just a no-brainer choice for most casual players. Highest burst, mobility, medium armor etc.

A slayer is probably a better mdps option in the long run but it's a group tool from the very beginning and being a slayer on your own isn't a lot of fun (and everyone occasionally plays on their own). I have both WL and WH in this rr4x range and the lion is light years ahead in most departments.

No reason to be a WH over a WL now. Most likely a WL will also become competitive earlier than other mdps classes from a gear progression pov. In a lot of cases feels like you have to climb a wall after you enter a T4 because conq/dom doesn't cut it anymore for most melee classes. But that's another problem which also should be addressed.

TLDR. I don't think the WL is as OP as a lot of people say. It's more or less where it should be, it works good, it's rewarding to play. Quite a few other classes don't feel that way and I'd rather see them buffed to be on par with WL.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP