Recent Topics

Ads

FORTS should be disabled

Let's talk about... everything else
amagawd

FORTS should be disabled

Post#1 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:21 pm

I understand that forts have always worked this way here. I do not understand why they haven't been disabled yet.

Disable the forts. Increase the rewards for the last zone before the forts (e.g. BC/KV in orc/dwarf tier).

This way we avoid all the bugs - getting stuck, walls are not actually walls so u get killed/pulled through them. Not to mention the frustration of the players encountering this in the "end game" and the waste of time.

What is there to lose? I can't see any reason
We will get more City runs, it will be the same turtle inside vs push through a small gate but with some walls that actually work. I believe it will be much better for both sides. More people will be prone of joining the ORVR and get 5 star keeps maybe.

Please don't be shy in arguing why they should keep these broken zones up.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Ads
Wuhh

Re: FORTS should be disabled

Post#2 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Forts, for me, are an integral part of the campaign, and I was very disappointed when they were taken out of the live campaign system.

I don't have an answer to the natural way they play out given what you have mentioned and more. But removing them, to me, would significantly destroy the flow of a campaign like we have set out in ror.

Instnced based forts. lower pop caps, matchmaking ... other things I am not thinking of could all change the way the game plays out, whilst keeping the flow of a campaign going

Asherdoom

Post#3 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:25 pm

for me you can either disable fort and scenrios and leave rvr only, just make sure togive us the chance to drop invader tokens :)

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu May 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Forts are basically fine in design (regardless of Destro's recent poor showings in EU prime time).

BUT I would lower the pop cap by about 10%. As the defender population nears 200, the attacker's job becomes harder. Yes, less players will get in but we'll see more zone locks which is the driver of complaints lately.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

drmordread
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:16 am

Make forts 40-40 requirement, and the pop will drop. As is I dont get it why sub 40's are in any end game setting like forts. And before anyone complains about having nothing to do, my response is;

1- Go level up and lock another zone
2- Go pve and power level up to 40-40. Which what you are supposed to be doing anyway instead of taking up space in a fort where a higher level better equipped player can be of more use.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Fey

Post#6 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:13 am

Forts are awful it's true. I do love chain casting group heal for 30 minutes. Don't see much of an alternative.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

nat3s

Post#7 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:56 am

I love forts, they just dont happen during EU prime so nobody can get invader
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Taz83

Post#8 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:07 am

well fort is fun but when there is 150+ defender inside it become impossible for attacker which is pissing off a lot of people and they wont go to fort because for them its a lag slideshow and wasting 30min+ staring at that door and the moment you push insta death is not fun at all and people will start to leave this is happening everyday now

maybe dev will find a way to fix that somehow

Ads
sighy

Post#9 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Welp this horse has pretty much been beaten to death, then undeath and then death again. Essentially the big conundrum to my understanding is they don't want to remove the forts, but the issues of that system are so fundamental, when the server pop is taken into account that seemingly nothing short of a full rework will likely fix it. :/

amagawd

Post#10 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:05 pm

I would hate to have them removed as well, but unless some changes like the ones that happened today, 15/5/2020, when some of the walls seem to be getting fixed - THANK YOU DEVS BTW - the forts are just a clump of population, with the faction having the most pulls/ranged winning unconditionally.
Once again, THANK YOU DEVS, keep up the good work and I'm sure we will have even better experiences in the forts!
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging