Recent Topics

Ads

Please remove the restriction on selection for ranked scenarios!

Let's talk about... everything else
Niky

Re: Please remove the restriction on selection for ranked scenarios!

Post#11 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 am

Another suggestion. For a more even matchmaking, do not form a team with the same rating.

And to form matches by class rating, against a good tank, you need a good tank. Against a good healer, bet one good healer.
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst

Ads
Niky

Post#12 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:25 am

And the last sentence. I don’t know if this is possible. But it would be very cool.

Create ranked matches without considering the game side (order or destro). Classes only.

I think this could greatly simplify matchmaking. And make the gameplay even more interesting and varied.

nocturnalguest

Post#13 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 am

Niky wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:59 am When you first start playing, you get huge increases or decreases in rating. (+200, -100).
I think this is not right. In the case of the first two defeats or victories, you risk being in the very top or at the very bottom of the rating.
In my opinion, this can dramatically negatively affect a player’s desire to continue when he lost his first 2-3 matches.
A smoother decrease and increase in rating will give a more positive result.
Second that. One of my char's (RP in full vanq, rr61, so pre sov BiS) had huge loosing strike first games (i started right away as soon as ranked's become available) and stuck at 1100 (1099 to be more accurate) not finishing even 10 games. Now its simply impossible to recoup on RP, so i park RP (actually the only char on which this new shiny ranked gear would be an actual, huge, upgrade) and play other chars on which i dont need gear just for the fun, cause there is simple not enough Destro on whole server this low to fight (and they need to be online and qq'ing same time as me, lol).
Another example is Vorak from Capulet, who almost got to 2000 but stopped cause he couldnt find a match (there were simply no players with so high MMR).
This glicko-2 thingy is not fitting for such low population we have. It needs tweaks.
Just checking top rank at week 3 (top-100 only like ~30% of players did 60 matches) we see that there may probably be people who just dont have enough playtime to finish 60 matches requirement (if pace is same ~10 of top-100 will not have 60 matches, week 6 may change it actually, as it could happen that people will massively qq to get the required amount of games played)... Reason? Its no fun to wait for an hour kinda locked out (handicapped) of any other activity cause pop takes too much time (if its even your bracket and if you gonna be even picked).

Balthasar

Post#14 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 am

Niky wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:59 am About personal rating.

When you first start playing, you get huge increases or decreases in rating. (+200, -100).

I think this is not right. In the case of the first two defeats or victories, you risk being in the very top or at the very bottom of the rating.

In my opinion, this can dramatically negatively affect a player’s desire to continue when he lost his first 2-3 matches.

His thoughts "My rating is 1100 my God, I do not want anyone to see this."

^^ This;
On my RP my MMR is >1800 due to 100% win rate on 4 scens, result; I no longer get pops on my RP due to high MMR.
On my IB my MMR is <1300 due to some losses in the first few games, result; I no longer get pops on IB due to low MMR.
Balthaser (BW)
Grimgarl (SL)/Lovesyou (RP)/Baltha (IB)
Starlion (WL)
Kalathor (CH)

dalen
Developer

Post#15 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 am

Balthasar wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 am

When you first start playing, you get huge increases or decreases in rating. (+200, -100).

^^ This;
On my RP my MMR is >1800 due to 100% win rate on 4 scens, result; I no longer get pops on my RP due to high MMR.
On my IB my MMR is <1300 due to some losses in the first few games, result; I no longer get pops on IB due to low MMR.
Yes, for next season I think we should initialize the algorithm with a lower volatility value so the MMR swings from the first few matches are smaller.
Source Developer

Jollyjoker

Post#16 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:35 am

I still think the whole MMR system is good in theory but just doesn't work here. It would work if the whole server was queuing or atleast a good chunk of the population. However since some people seem to need incentive to q (in the form of viable gear or new weapons) beyond just enjoying the gamemode, it's currently pretty much dead.

Also the whole argument that a low MMR on one side vs high MMR on other side means it would be a one sided stomping is just wrong. Many players simply have low MMR because they didn't even get to play a whole lot of games and they were unlucky with the ones that popped being matched up with terrible comps. It takes only a few losses for your MMR to go in the gutter when you first start and then the sc just won't pop for you.

Like people said, until there is enough ppl q just make it unrestricted so you don't have to wait an hour for a pop.
Sturmovik/Crisp/Saluco

Balthasar

Post#17 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:42 am

dalen wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 am
Balthasar wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 am

^^ This;
Yes, for next season I think we should initialize the algorithm with a lower volatility value so the MMR swings from the first few matches are smaller.
Good to hear, thank you.
Balthaser (BW)
Grimgarl (SL)/Lovesyou (RP)/Baltha (IB)
Starlion (WL)
Kalathor (CH)

Niky

Post#18 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:06 am

dalen wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 am Yes, for next season I think we should initialize the algorithm with a lower volatility value so the MMR swings from the first few matches are smaller.
Sorry for my English, I can speak very unclear. :)

I think you do not need to do any calibration, then how points are awarded after 20-30 games is done well. (+ - 5 points per match)

My suggestion is to start the rating from 0 and not make it negative. (or do not lower it lower than 1500). If a team has a player with such a rating, this is a beginner or a person who is just learning to play. In case of defeat, you must not lower the rating of this team or lower it by two to three times less. This will make it possible to create more matches, while their results will not greatly affect the ranking of players.

But the most important thing.This will motivate new players to learn to play correctly. Without prejudice to their reputation. They will feel much more comfortable.

Ads
Rlyeh

Post#19 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 am

Give the opportunity to play, in the afternoon people are enough for only one match. Right now, for example, we have enough people and what to do? War everywhere no longer works!
And we need a fix now and not next season!

Rlyeh

Post#20 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:42 am

Turn off this useless restriction!
After waiting for half an hour, wasting this time in the most sophisticated way, they turn off the game with great annoyance and irritation.