Recent Topics

Ads

Delay Cities To Peak Hours

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Re: Delay Cities To Peak Hours

Post#41 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Idk if the OPs proposal is the solution but we need to do something. Playing in primetime is great for renown but you get 0 gear progression fighting in Praag or Caledor for 8 hours.

I'm personally in favor of universal currency but I think the devs are set against it. In the meantime I guess we are getting Sov 1 gold bag from ORvR at a time
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Wdova

Post#42 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:08 pm

doxifera wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:50 pm The city is not a separate content, it is the final stage of the campaign, the campaign in which most people participate and the rewards for winning this campaign are received only by the lucky ones who got into the scenario. Everyone who participated in the campaign deserve a reward, of course, except for those who only go to the capital and the rest of the time they’re offline or do pve, they’re sitting on a twinkle in t1. Send mail to all who participating in the campaign (in this round) who didn’t get to the capital, part of the award (depending on their renown Royal's, Invader's, Vanquisher's, Conqueror's, Officers, Soldiers etc.), the status of Victory or Lose and their contribution in in this round of the campaign.
That is pretty nice in theory, but in practice is unrealistic. How many ppl stay in campaigns from T2, thru T3, thru T4 middle zones up to T4 fort zone ping pong up to finaly fort fight at 3 a.m. EU time and Capitals around 5:00 a.m.?

Or You want reward those who just fought T2,T3 than logged off?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Telen
Suspended

Post#43 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:08 pm That is pretty nice in theory, but in practice is unrealistic. How many ppl stay in campaigns from T2, thru T3, thru T4 middle zones up to T4 fort zone ping pong up to finaly fort fight at 3 a.m. EU time and Capitals around 5:00 a.m.?

Or You want reward those who just fought T2,T3 than logged off?
Alot less than all the city loggers that just cash in on their work.

crawy

Post#44 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:13 pm

I would really love to see they disable to show the population. I think it currently ruin the game.

Aurandilaz

Post#45 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:19 pm

Just go sleep very early during EU evening, then have your guild discord ping you with messages if city is opening through the night. Or go sleep at 8pm and wake up fresh for that 4am city.
You can count on there not being a single city during EU evening hours, so doing PVP at those hours offers 0 progression, so you might as well go sleep early/wake early and then at 5 am ask your fellow city loggers if they feeling tired.

Alternative is ofc moving -10/+10hours to correct timezone, either late NA where you have most amount of zone/fort/city throwers online or Oceanic primetime.

tbh, the gear isnt even that good so not sure if its worth the suffering at all

Moert

Post#46 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:29 pm

I don't know what needs to be done but something has to happen. EU timezone is the most active by far and I haven't been able to attend a city during normal hours for over a month. Ideally people should be rewarded for trying their best during keep fights, not feel like throwing to get to fort/city is the most rewarding :/

Personally I think ORvR should have the best rewards in the game, that's what WAR does really well. It's a bit weird that instanced content has the best rewards in a game like this.

Drys

Post#47 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Wouldn't it stand that if this affected EU Prime as a whole, then neither order nor destro would get city gear? Meaning it's moot since both sides have the same gear restriction -- you're not fighting better geared players. Just accept and enjoy the game play that you get (for free).
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Moert

Post#48 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Drys wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:35 pm Wouldn't it stand that if this affected EU Prime as a whole, then neither order nor destro would get city gear? Meaning it's moot since both sides have the same gear restriction -- you're not fighting better geared players. Just accept and enjoy the game play that you get (for free).
And just accept that NA players and people who can play at odd times are the overlords of the server? There are times when NA and EU players are online together you know...

Ads
TreefAM

Post#49 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:43 pm

Please the gear gap isn't that huge you're making it up to be. The set bonuses are mostly garbage and outside of the armour, you can probably min max other sets to have similar stats.

Telen
Suspended

Post#50 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Drys wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:35 pm Just accept and enjoy the game play that you get (for free).
Theres always one