Recent Topics

Ads

Delay Cities To Peak Hours

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Re: Delay Cities To Peak Hours

Post#21 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:47 am

Havent been in city for over 14 days and fort over a week during EU prime time and I honestly lost interest in it. EU players just pushing zones whole evening while NA players enjoy theyr forts and cities. Just trying to find fun elswere. Tried some ranked SC and started with PvE dungeons.

And Yes. Some of my guildies just doesnt sleep much or wake up at night just to check if forts/cities happening. I like RoR verry much, but not more than my health. I rather sleep to be fresh, than walking zombie in the morning :-D
Last edited by Wdova on Wed May 13, 2020 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
thesilverlion

Post#22 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:48 am

Again, another 5AM city for EU players, despite the fact we spent the whole day pushing.

Complete non-arguments from the clearly NA players or EU players who are lucky enough to stay up all night for cities.

If you read my proposal, I'm not suggesting taking cities away from NA players, I specifically said do it at rotating, fixed times in both NA/EU hours (AFTER A FULL CAMPAIGN CYCLE - I'm NOT asking for guaranteed cities)

Your non-arguments make no sense.

Right now, I could spend 5 hours try harding in EU times with organized guilds and still not get a city, and inevitably have to go sleep.

Whereas a NA player (or EU player with no life obligations) can log in at 10PM - 1AM NA time, literally do no work and get instant city.

So tell me, who has the game on easy mode right now?

Wdova

Post#23 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:55 am

thesilverlion wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:48 am Again, another 5AM city for EU players, despite the fact we spent the whole day pushing.

Complete non-arguments from the clearly NA players or EU players who are lucky enough to stay up all night for cities.

If you read my proposal, I'm not suggesting taking cities away from NA players, I specifically said do it at rotating, fixed times in both NA/EU hours.

Your non-arguments make no sense.

Right now, I could spend 5 hours try harding in EU times with organized guilds and still not get a city, and inevitably have to go sleep.

Whereas a NA player (or EU player with no life obligations) can log in at 10PM - 1AM NA time, literally do no work and get instant city.

So tell me, who has the game on easy mode right now?
Just dont push zones in EU prime time. Its easy. Let NA players do theyr part of the job too :-)
PvE dungeons are also verry fun if they are fixed and bug free. There are more things to do than just RvR.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wraithghost

Post#24 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:00 am

Games pretty broken if to progress it’s better to give up and let the other side win.

Gorfhag

Post#25 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:09 am

Past two weeks whan I stopped working from home office and started going to my office for at leas few hours I did not had a chance to attend city. City always happen out of EU primetime past weeks.

I dont care that much since gear will come eventually. However my motivation to push the zones and proper RvR are close to 0. I either roam with 1 party of players or just go get minor contribution to zones of conflicts. Also I do not enjoy RvR in EU primetime which always end up with stupid 300 order vs 500 destro zerg plus FMJ two WBs zerg which will lag you out for 4 sec when they rush you.
Many of my friends same as me gave up on the RvR. We used to run organized WBs pushing the city etc., You get tired of this shitty performance zerg battles pretty fast and having city is not worth to spend 4 hours of pushing zones, where you always end up in 300vsX00 battles, constanly restarting client, clearing the cache.
Luckyly there is more things to do in game than just RvR and cities and Im not that much concerned about getting full sov. Also city siege grind is not that much of a fun. You rarely get good fights anyway and it is most of the time an easy win or huge defeat by opponent. So city for me is only for the gear. Past weeks with limited time for gaming I care more about having fun in game then just hear grind.

zaauk

Post#26 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 am

Always 3 zones open. First side to lock 5 zones get a fort....
First side to lock 3 forts get a city?
(when fort happens it resets to T3 even if win or loss).

Would spread people and make people care to lock different zones more?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gorfhag

Post#27 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:21 am

Same as Wdova I started play a lot of pve with my friends. We have a consistent grp of 6 people running all pve dungeons almost every day without knowing tactics or boss mechanics. Now after two weeks we are close to our blood lord weapons and having almost full bloodlord armor set.
I must say we all are having a blast. Maybe city will eventually happen and if not we have plans for doing SC ranked and continue in small scale roam.
Also I enjoy destro whinning about not enough order signing up for city.
The major problem of RvR from my point of view is SoR addon which spoil every quick ninja siege and turn in into the zerg fest. That is only my oppinion, but I might be completely wrong. I think cities, forts and more ballanced sieges would happen without SoR addon and with limited chat options such as /t4 or general and advice left for advice related topics only.
Last edited by Gorfhag on Wed May 13, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gratka

Post#28 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:26 am

zaauk wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 am Always 3 zones open. First side to lock 5 zones get a fort....
First side to lock 3 forts get a city?
(when fort happens it resets to T3 even if win or loss).

Would spread people and make people care to lock different zones more?
In this case you would see only Altdorf because of huuuge inbalance in population. Destro is just zerging all the time

Ads
nat3s

Post#29 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:37 am

US are going to want to protect their honey pot... Totally understand the lack of empathy for the EU TZ from some posters.

We need to make it harder to progress the campaign with lower pop so both timezones have equal opportunity to progress to a city. Right now it's super easy during US TZ and super difficult during EU TZ.

Keep/fort funnels allow maybe 5 players/second through the main door funnel due to collision. So offensive strength on a push doesn't really scale beyond that. Defensive strength on the other hand keeps on scaling with each additional player. That is fundamentally why US gets daily cities and EU gets fortnightly cities as the US pop is quite a bit lower than EU prime making for much easier fort captures for them... I'd also suggest this is why the EU pop is dropping rapidly during peak hours, we were 3.5k every night a month ago.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

M0rw47h

Post#30 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:13 pm

For me ideal solution to City Sieges happening at odd hours would be to untie them oRvR campaign and make them events happening at certain hours, e.g. sign ups 20-21 Altdorf time for EU and another one during NA (7 hours later), so both populations can experience endgame content. Probably, it shouldn't be daily event, rather weekly. Also, people who joined one during EU time, shouldn't be able to join it during NA and vice versa. I would also rework reward structure with it, giving bags rolls to everyone (so all 24 people can win bags at same time), but their bag rolls would be based on contribution accumulated during past week in oRvR zones. This way people who only play Cities and overall doesn't take part in oRvR campaign couldn't progress faster, than zealous realm defenders.