Recent Topics

Ads

RANKED SC (Solo and 6man) experiences, opinions

Let's talk about... everything else
SuperStar

RANKED SC (Solo and 6man) experiences, opinions

Post#1 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Hello guyz!

I play a Choppa I would like to share my experiences and opinion about solo ranked. And I also ask to you to share your knowledge.

First of all. IAM not a well experienced player, IAM a new player. This is why I created this topic I wanna improve. And share what I think I know.

So from me a very basic guide and I hope more ppl share his knowledge here and some well experienced good player too.

I had 48 soloq 40% winrate. My best winratio was 48%.
So you can see almost zero experience.

What I think I know:
- Guard range is extremely important (30ft add-on is welcomed)
- Switch guard also
- use potions armor prime stat heal potion from apo and emb med
- use taunt and detaunt
- figure out who is da biggest dps and assist him all the time

Figure out who is da weakest enemy if you are da biggest dps in your group usually enemy dps with low mmr. Always pick mdps enemy target coz the rdps can kite very well usually. And if you don't do pressure on the enemy mdps he will kill your healer or da other dps or you while you running and chasing a kiter.

Stay on target coz they have many def abilities potions moral charge etc. But if you hit him insistently all of his def abilities go for CD and you can kill him.

If you switch to target all da time you won't kill anybody. If you don't focus and assist da biggest dps you won't kill anybody.

In soloq this is my strategy pick da enemy mdps and stay on him all da time until he die. If the others assist on me we usually win. If the tank or da other dps go away and try to kill the enemy kiter healer we lose.

I also see the meta is the punt away the guard. When it is happen extremely important to detaunt and def ability, coz usually after the guard punt you will knock down and the enemy start burst on you, switch guard also welcomed.

Perma snare if possible also very important, if possible.

Healers keep distance and a good view.

Watch your cc it gives them immun.

IMO: dps shami dps dok shield dok s&b tank is not good in ranked solo most of the time.

If you bad and die and saw the problem and no chance stay die and try to figure out what was the problem and share with others

That was in in my mind right now I will updated as I know more.

If we are not completely bad I enjoy the ranked so much and I recommended all of the new players. Cool armor set and a different game experience good rr too

Also problem I always know what the others should do better but my knowledge to improve myself is limited :D I think most of us suffer in this problem.

Im also planning to play ranked 6man. We accidentally q for 6man ranked 3 times and they raped us :D it was not good exp but our parties wasn't made for ranked 6 man only event sc farm.
But we wanna try it.

So
I would like to ask you share your knowledge plz about ranked solo and 6man
And I reccomend all of you new players to play ranked sc learn from it and try to improve. Maybe we got some help here to be better.

Thank you guyz

All of this was my imo from my limited experience so don't hurt me plz

Ads
SuperStar

Re: RANKED SC (Solo and 6man) experiences, opinions

Post#2 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 am

To da top this topic deserve more attention :P
And I need the information

Rubius
Developer

Post#3 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Since you're asking for a lot of general info here, it may be a bit overwhelming to those who may want to help you. I'd recommend boiling this down to a few key questions that community members can more easily digest and answer.

Just some quick notes from skimming through:

- Tether (guard meter) is very useful, confirmed. Highly recommend all players have this add-on.
- Yes, you should always have armor pots and liniments running - your opponents almost always will.
- Don't be afraid to be new. We were all new once!

I'm sure there are many even better tips that higher-ranked players can offer; but for now, glad you are enjoying it and hope you'll continue to have fun playing it in the future.

Tankbeardz

Post#4 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 pm

The biggest thing for a choppa, from a tank POV, is to remove GTDC off your hotbar. Spamming this ability grants punt immunity and any ability for a tank to either punt DPS pressure away or remove guard from a target.

StaH84

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Well If You consider Yourself as unexperienced player, You wrote much things, mamy experienced players should know.

Why do You consider SnB tanks are not good? You mean archetype or players playing them? 2H tank guarding someone will melt in seconds.

I would add that best Morales im ranked for SnB tanks are:
1. Damaging one
2. Distracting Bellow
3. Raze
4. Any will do.

For tanks taunting is not that important but Challanging enemy players is in order to lower DPS output.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

TreefAM

Post#6 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:46 pm

This isn't a zerg vs zerg fight where you get blown up by guard dmg as a 2h tank. You need the extra edge to assist your dps, a snb tank can't offer that.
Also ignore raze, it doesn't affect anything in these small scale fights, either remove their armour with the m1 or use the bellow.

SuperStar

Post#7 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Finally a good, valuable post thank you.

Yes I totally forget the challenge ing ability is very important too.

I don't like the s&b tanks coz they don't do dmg and IMO I feel them lil unusable.
When IAM on the target and they out of hp potion and def ability and they punt me away the 2 tank if they 2handed can keep the pressure.

I also like the enemy 2handed class cannon tank coz they die fasta.

Ohh and another thing if the enemy good you have to stay on target and hit 5min maybe more so if you can't kill in a first 2min don't give up keep the pressure. And if they good usually 1 or 2 kill decide the mach.
I love the tank when they have def m4 it is game changer

IMO I think it's just a meta now in soloq. And maybe if every tank play s&b tank we cannot kill anybody coz da healers in sov can heal a lot.
Last edited by SuperStar on Wed May 13, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabba

Post#8 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:55 pm

StaH84 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:43 pm Well If You consider Yourself as unexperienced player, You wrote much things, mamy experienced players should know.

Why do You consider SnB tanks are not good? You mean archetype or players playing them? 2H tank guarding someone will melt in seconds.

I would add that best Morales im ranked for SnB tanks are:
1. Damaging one
2. Distracting Bellow
3. Raze
4. Any will do.

For tanks taunting is not that important but Challanging enemy players is in order to lower DPS output.
A 2h tank that is specced properly does not melt in seconds, 2h does not mean squishy. For 6v6, 2h is definitely preferable to snb, they offer more assist damage and generally better offensive utility, which is needed far more than having one tank that is unkillable until everything else is dead.

Raze should never be used. You should talk to your 2nd tank at the start, ideally one should use champ challenge, and 1 should use the armour debuff. Use together at the right time. Or have 1 tank use his morale offensively and one save Distracting bellow/immaculate defense as oh **** bittons.

Taunt is definitely important, as an interrupt more as a damage increase for the tank, learn what you should be interrupting, like resses, dok rend channels etc etc
Last edited by Jabba on Wed May 13, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Dps shaman isn't bad in 6v6

Good geared = huge damage

2 detaunts, run away(30% speed tactic), kites, debuffs, heal debuff, silence. I would say its top tier at destro Rdpsers.

Asherdoom

Post#10 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:00 pm

thedonkeykong332 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:58 pm Dps shaman isn't bad in 6v6

Good geared = huge damage

2 detaunts, run away(30% speed tactic), kites, debuffs, heal debuff, silence. I would say its top tier at destro Rdpsers.
try make ranked as sorcerer. most of time you will meet WL/slayer wombo combo they basically sit on you 100%uptime and even with armor and guard you implode cuz no aoe detaunt and no reliable cc apart a pathetic 3 seconds root. =/