Recent Topics

Ads

Fix ranked sc

Let's talk about... everything else
lyncher12

Re: Fix ranked sc

Post#31 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:29 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:55 pm From the perspective of a healer, I would love to see the restrictions eased up a little more (again) to encourage more game play and diversity. Double WP/Double Zealot happens way too often and I believe I have not seen a single heal Shaman in all the games I've done. Shield WP and DoK are able to queue and thrive is great but I also haven't seen any BWs, Sorcs, Magus, or BlOrcs.

If ranked queue is to survive then we will need to diversify the meta and make the incentive to queue actually worth it. Throw in free liniments every 5-10 games, for winning throw in armor pots, dyes, allow us to buy 4% shoulder crit talismans, or other exclusive items with the medallion, and for Sigmar's sake, lower the prices of the gear!

Also, I'ma need y'all to download Swift Assist, and either become the shot caller, or defer to someone who is fine calling shots. Nothing like a melee train thats been derailed by a bounce happy MSH.
you should consider yourself lucky you haven't seen any bw sorc or magus. theres only one magus ive seen that isnt a troll. i agree double rp/zealot should be discouraged by the matchmaking, with them making the heal ritual meta its annoying having to fight my teammate for who gets the ritual.

Ads
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#32 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:30 pm

dalen wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:03 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:42 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:02 pm Anyone care to offer anything on top of 'fix it'? Suggestions, believe it or not, do get read & reviewed.
I think current matchmaking system is main issue, as its too strict.
Playing one match per hour and spending like 45-50m waiting for another match including all those aborted games is way too much.
To clarify a bit about the strictness of the match maker, it currently allows a maximum 325 MMR difference in a match. But that still means it can match the current top MMR player on scoreboard (1822 MMR) with someone that is playing their first match (1500 MMR).

Any less strict than that is essentially no match making at all. And in our experience that has usually resulted in the loosing side to stop queueing.
Please Change this **** please!!!

I waited over an hour, it became 5v6 and now I have to wait again!!!^!^!^!^^!^!^!@^!@^

Why dont u just average it out.. high mmr gets lowbies and vice versa if method cant find him suitable balance.

shaman healer ranked sc set is better than invader, not sure about other classes, you can make it in order to unlock invader tome u can get ranked sc set too.
This will drag competitive players to ranked sc I believe.

What are your thoughts?

xarax

Post#33 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:09 pm

1 pop in 1 hour with mmr 1641 with 30-50 player in queue as destro heal.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ekundu01

Post#34 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:17 pm

The ranked scs is just not something that will work here with out forcing players to que for it for specific rewards that don't take Months of grinding to get.

The gear cost is very high on top of the fact that the new sets are just vanq and oppresser with slightly higher stats, the exact same set bonuses with one extra 7th piece set bonus. Most players here are taking the path of least resistance to get gear so it is no surprise that ranked is a long que time. Most players are not going to bother with the gear when they can zerg surf in the lakes and not be subjected to the high pressure 6v6 that is ranked. Also BiS gear comes from city and since you need invader unlock to wear it if you are not full invader you are forced to go into the lakes and not bother with SCs.

If all gear had the same equal time to acquire you could potentially see more playing ranked but turning it into a part time job just to get it before the end of the season for a game that most play casually is not going to be very popular with the players. Just look at how ranked was before it was changed and before the gear was added. 25 medals for a win and 10 for a loss, solo ranked was popping as fast as you could que for it. Then someone got salty and reduced the medals down from 25 to 10 and 10 to 3 because people were throwing matches because other scs didn't even give 10 on a win. What happened to the ques they went right in the crapper and eventually they stopped popping.

The majority of the player base is after the carrot and if it has way too much time investment and there are easier methods to get similar gear then they will go the short cut. Just look at weekend warfronts people que for them because of the carrot, more xp more renown and influence rewards. Thunder Valley when it comes into the rotation is the same way people spam que it because it is faster to get the most medals for time invested compared to all other SCs in the rotation so TV pops are almost instant.

At this point i don't think there is a way to fix ranked because you just don't have enough players that want to play it to make it work like it should. Add on top of players that are geared in sov or warlord probably won't bother to que for ranked unless they are looking to try to bully some fresh 40s in merc gear. And as more and more players get into warlord and sov that will continue to reduce the pool of players queing because they aren't going to farm a set that they don't need. We already have 3 different ways to get geared, orvr, pve, and scs and now you have a 4th grind with time restrictions and gear that isn't even that great so why would players que for it?

Personally there are some things i think could be done better and giving too many options to get gear with limited players even with our influx of new people only spreads out your pool of players to pick from to do said content. Now that we have warlord and sov out and it is better than pve and sc gear most players are in the lakes pushing for that carrot and not wasting time with pve or scs. Add on top you need invader unlock to wear the new gear most players that still need invader tok unlock are also only going to be in one spot the lakes. Live had medals dropping from players based on RR from any rvr content including scs, so you could still get gear even if you missed out on city. It also had ways to break down so you could get what you needed. Right now players are bottle necked into doing forts and cities for the best gear with no break down option and the gear in scs is sub par compared to the new stuff. Pve is only still going on because i would suspect the next pve instance you will need to have the wards from bastion stair but if pve gear doesn't stay on par with stuff you can get from city i fear pve will also go to the way side.

The only way Ranked will be fixed is if players are forced to play it by making the rewards worth playing it. But that comes with its own set of problems. The ones that hate it will throw matches if it is too tough just to get the currency to buy the gear then never que again. If the rewards for the losing side is too low players won't bother. If the time to acquire the gear is not on par with the same amount of time it takes to get similar gear in other aspects of the game like citys or pve players won't bother.
Trismack

Shadowgurke

Post#35 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:26 pm

I think there might be some issues with MMR restrictions but I believe that the core issue is the amount of players queueing and with wait times being as high as they are, the problem keeps getting worse. A few ideas even though you probably discussed them already:

1) item rewards: I know some devs hate that everything has to be rewarding to get people playing but that is why we play MMOs. The incentive to play is not quite there. I believe that the sets are quite okay for some classes, but they also directly compete with sov/warlord and with the current acquisition speed, sov might be faster. So in short: Ranked weapons, ranked jewelry. Subject to change: increase emblem gain. This is hard to balance because I think with faster queues the prices are quite fair. But with the current queues they are overpriced. Also possible: Open rvr bags biweekly in the reward chest. Could be a sov / warlord piece for the top 5 players, triumphant for the top 80 etc.

Other idea: Appearance. There could be 2 sets, 1 for a lower price that is essentially the current set, the other being more expensive and possibly tied to MMR. This would probably have to be Tyrant armor simply because everyone loves the appearance. I know that you love the PvE dungeons and you want to keep a reason to play them but this would certainly increase the participation. Other ideas are rank 90/100 weapon appearances or similar.

2) MMR fixes: Hide mmr for people that arent on the top 30 (?) in the leaderboard. Some people hate to lose rating and this works well in other games. Might be controversial for sure.

3) Increase player density by limiting the queue time. Make ranked available during specific times of the day only, maybe twice during EU and twice during NA for 1 hour. That way all the people queue up at the same time. While again contriversial, this could fix a lot of queue issues all by itself. This would make ranked more fair too because you cannot dodge players

ravezaar

Post#36 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Imho I think it will increase if the so called rumored Ranked SC weapons are comming, the gear for some classes/some players are as appealing as Weapons are. Just my tought on it.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

nat3s

Post#37 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:44 pm

sogeou wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:40 pm
Telen wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:28 pm
nat3s wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:21 pm What are your suggestions for turning the whole scenario system into it? I don't think "forcing" normal SC queuers into ranked matches is a good thing.
Why not? The exact players that I thought this was really aimed at are the ones that arent doing it. Most scs are over before they begin due to crappy comp. Having more even scenarios with proper class distribution. This will make the community better overall. The other option is let it go the same way every attempt of pushing 6v6 has gone. People just arent interested in it as the niche elitest clique its becoming.
How about we call it what it is, most people are not interested in doing this. Just let the people who want to do it, play it and remove the MMR or find something so the 100 people who want to do it can play with each other.

Completely agree. Any attempt to "force" people into it is heavy handed and will just fail. Hence why i suggested catering to all playstyles, make the ranked weapons available in new city dungeons linked to winning a city siege (like live) so people can pick their most enjoyable means of earning them. OR if you want to rebalance the BS weapons, why not make the BS weapons and ranked weapons the same?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Asherdoom

Post#38 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:48 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:17 pm The ranked scs is just not something that will work here with out forcing players to que for it for specific rewards that don't take Months of grinding to get.

The gear cost is very high on top of the fact that the new sets are just vanq and oppresser with slightly higher stats, the exact same set bonuses with one extra 7th piece set bonus. Most players here are taking the path of least resistance to get gear so it is no surprise that ranked is a long que time. Most players are not going to bother with the gear when they can zerg surf in the lakes and not be subjected to the high pressure 6v6 that is ranked. Also BiS gear comes from city and since you need invader unlock to wear it if you are not full invader you are forced to go into the lakes and not bother with SCs.

If all gear had the same equal time to acquire you could potentially see more playing ranked but turning it into a part time job just to get it before the end of the season for a game that most play casually is not going to be very popular with the players. Just look at how ranked was before it was changed and before the gear was added. 25 medals for a win and 10 for a loss, solo ranked was popping as fast as you could que for it. Then someone got salty and reduced the medals down from 25 to 10 and 10 to 3 because people were throwing matches because other scs didn't even give 10 on a win. What happened to the ques they went right in the crapper and eventually they stopped popping.

The majority of the player base is after the carrot and if it has way too much time investment and there are easier methods to get similar gear then they will go the short cut. Just look at weekend warfronts people que for them because of the carrot, more xp more renown and influence rewards. Thunder Valley when it comes into the rotation is the same way people spam que it because it is faster to get the most medals for time invested compared to all other SCs in the rotation so TV pops are almost instant.

At this point i don't think there is a way to fix ranked because you just don't have enough players that want to play it to make it work like it should. Add on top of players that are geared in sov or warlord probably won't bother to que for ranked unless they are looking to try to bully some fresh 40s in merc gear. And as more and more players get into warlord and sov that will continue to reduce the pool of players queing because they aren't going to farm a set that they don't need. We already have 3 different ways to get geared, orvr, pve, and scs and now you have a 4th grind with time restrictions and gear that isn't even that great so why would players que for it?

Personally there are some things i think could be done better and giving too many options to get gear with limited players even with our influx of new people only spreads out your pool of players to pick from to do said content. Now that we have warlord and sov out and it is better than pve and sc gear most players are in the lakes pushing for that carrot and not wasting time with pve or scs. Add on top you need invader unlock to wear the new gear most players that still need invader tok unlock are also only going to be in one spot the lakes. Live had medals dropping from players based on RR from any rvr content including scs, so you could still get gear even if you missed out on city. It also had ways to break down so you could get what you needed. Right now players are bottle necked into doing forts and cities for the best gear with no break down option and the gear in scs is sub par compared to the new stuff. Pve is only still going on because i would suspect the next pve instance you will need to have the wards from bastion stair but if pve gear doesn't stay on par with stuff you can get from city i fear pve will also go to the way side.

The only way Ranked will be fixed is if players are forced to play it by making the rewards worth playing it. But that comes with its own set of problems. The ones that hate it will throw matches if it is too tough just to get the currency to buy the gear then never que again. If the rewards for the losing side is too low players won't bother. If the time to acquire the gear is not on par with the same amount of time it takes to get similar gear in other aspects of the game like citys or pve players won't bother.
The truth has been spoke :D

Ads
Akilinus

Post#39 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:48 pm

nat3s wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:44 pm
sogeou wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:40 pm
Telen wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:28 pm
Why not? The exact players that I thought this was really aimed at are the ones that arent doing it. Most scs are over before they begin due to crappy comp. Having more even scenarios with proper class distribution. This will make the community better overall. The other option is let it go the same way every attempt of pushing 6v6 has gone. People just arent interested in it as the niche elitest clique its becoming.
How about we call it what it is, most people are not interested in doing this. Just let the people who want to do it, play it and remove the MMR or find something so the 100 people who want to do it can play with each other.

Completely agree. Any attempt to "force" people into it is heavy handed and will just fail. Hence why i suggested catering to all playstyles, make the ranked weapons available in new city dungeons linked to winning a city siege (like live) so people can pick their most enjoyable means of earning them. OR if you want to rebalance the BS weapons, why not make the BS weapons and ranked weapons the same?
It worked to force people into PvE so I dont see why it would fail here.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

DiMakss

Post#40 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:49 pm

What about 5vs5? Why not 2vs2? Or 16vs16?