Recent Topics

Ads

Fix ranked sc

Let's talk about... everything else
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Fix ranked sc

Post#1 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:07 pm

The pops are horrible, and it seems less and less people playing it.
Fix it, don't let it die pls
the frustration is real.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Re: Fix ranked sc

Post#2 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Most matches I went into were a matter of who had the weak class. This is why they made Wrath of Heroes so they could have scenarios and balance the classes for that scale.

Jabba

Post#3 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:52 pm

It's more frustrating when there's enough people in queue for 3 matches to be running but there are none
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:07 pm

Why not just forget ranked as it is. Its never going to be popular enough. Just apply it to the whole scenario system. 12 v12 the scale Mythic obviously meant it to be played at as thats the scale they developed the scenario system around. No choosing what map you queue for just 2 queues and it cycles through all the maps.

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:34 pm

I like ranked, and I want the gear but I cant even farm it.

How about just putting the first system where u got nonstop queues maybe just balance it tiny bit that is all. How can you balance ranked with only 40 people playing?!

Or.. getting a match 5v6 after waiting 20-30 minutes, and then have to wait this amount of time again.

R-I-D-I-C-O-L-O-U-S

Kaelang

Post#6 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Anyone care to offer anything on top of 'fix it'? Suggestions, believe it or not, do get read & reviewed.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:02 pm Anyone care to offer anything on top of 'fix it'? Suggestions, believe it or not, do get read & reviewed.
Yes, I said long ago put the previous system and now too, maybe tweak it a tiny bit.

We as the players can't give the best feedback, if you don't tell us exactly how you fix the ranked all the time!!!!

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:19 pm

This is just something out of my head, with the information that I have, if I have anything else I'll add:

Bring back old system, why?
Because you had at some point 11 games active 11!! which means at least 120 people were playing much more than now.

Rebattle:
But destro reached so high mmrs and we as order are getting rekt

Solution:
Average the mmr, put the strongest mmr with the lowest and vice verca average it out, in that case it's a balance the best has to work hard, to carry, same for other side.

Rebattle: Not enough demand

Solution:
Maybe it's being worked on, I don't know, but you can add more items to attract more people.

But for now we don't have many people please, put back the old system, maybe with the solution I suggested, because I have no idea what you're doing behind the scenes since you're not sharing cant provide best feedback. if with the old system you are seeing the imbalance happen again, just small tweaks at the time, and let it run give it time to see how things work.
Yeah what happened before, destro climbed and order were bottom, but what difference does it make tbh? low mmr sov order vs high mmr destro still a balance. if order wins that game they gain a lot of mmr if destro lose they lose a lot of MMR = balancing itself out.
eventually best will climb and worse will drop, I think this is a good system for the amount of people we have right now.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:02 pm Anyone care to offer anything on top of 'fix it'? Suggestions, believe it or not, do get read & reviewed.
I think current matchmaking system is main issue, as its too strict.
Playing one match per hour and spending like 45-50m waiting for another match including all those aborted games is way too much.

uanaka

Post#10 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:44 pm

I think the question to ask is:

Would people rather have faster pops, with potentially with teammates from the entire spectrum of MMR, as long as it's 2-2-2?

Or would rather have matches where matchmaking is strict and only places you with similar MMRs.

As far as I know, current matchmaking is pulling players from a spectrum of ~350 MMR? That's a pretty broad range and any wider, you might as well just forget about brackets and launch matches as soon as you get 2-2-2s on both sides.

Also, it's not an issue of "destro climbed, and order bottom" cause if you look at the rankings, it's mostly order in the top 50 now.

I get that it's season 1 and it doesn't make sense to already drop the prices of the gear, but from what i've seen, the cost reductions aren't exactly significant either, especially when you only win +6-8 MMR, and lose about the same too. I think the 15k emblems cost definitely scared a lot of people away, and for some reason, people seem to enjoy the stalemates in zones for 12+ hrs over relatively balanced 2-2-2 scenarios :? :? :? :? :? :?
Last edited by uanaka on Sun May 10, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.