Recent Topics

Ads

Forts are by far the most INFURIATING part of the game

Let's talk about... everything else
lyncher12

Re: Forts are by far the most INFURIATING part of the game

Post#11 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:46 pm

as a bright wizard main, personally, i absolutely love forts. it gives me a lot of joy knowing that by putting a penny in my rain of fire key and going to do something else i can deny those filthy destro hordes their royal crests. to me it is peak rvr because there is something actually at stake with the meaningful interactions that take place.

Ads
wonshot

Post#12 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:28 am

lyncher12 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:46 pm as a bright wizard main, personally, i absolutely love forts. it gives me a lot of joy knowing that by putting a penny in my rain of fire key and going to do something else i can deny those filthy destro hordes their royal crests. to me it is peak rvr because there is something actually at stake with the meaningful interactions that take place.
You going to contribute anything to this topic ir just memeing about?
For your information I have 2 melee chars in full invader too, and i still very much enjoy them in forts too (meatball and choppa) For the reasons in my first post.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

lyncher12

Post#13 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:49 am

wonshot wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:28 am
lyncher12 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:46 pm as a bright wizard main, personally, i absolutely love forts. it gives me a lot of joy knowing that by putting a penny in my rain of fire key and going to do something else i can deny those filthy destro hordes their royal crests. to me it is peak rvr because there is something actually at stake with the meaningful interactions that take place.
You going to contribute anything to this topic ir just memeing about?
For your information I have 2 melee chars in full invader too, and i still very much enjoy them in forts too (meatball and choppa) For the reasons in my first post.
pardon? i didnt read what you posted, only the op. don't know why you feel i would be targetting you

MMXX43

Post#14 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:54 am

Oh dear .... another one

Click here to watch on YouTube

adapter
Suspended

Post#15 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:30 am

wonshot wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:32 pm I personally love forts, both defending and attacking.
Says the AoE spammer Bright Wizzard lmao of course you love forts!!

Personally, forts are a bad game design, seriously, stack up 400 people in one small choke point for 30 minutes or so, brilliant!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

EsthelielSunfury

Post#16 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:14 am

toffikx wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:09 pm
EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:30 pm Forts are the peak of RvR especially in the first two stages.
What about the last stage?
I hope this wasn't one of those "smart" questions...
I didn't mention it because I know I'm in the minority that loves it very much, and I am very much open to some ideas about making it more interesting - including my own suggestion of widening the main door because Destro has no chance on Stonewatch/ShiningWay/Reikwald during EU primetime.

Saying things like "Forts suck lmao" and so on like people do in these threads in general is really annoying considering how much effort the very same people make about getting inside them under the pretense of "I have to do it". Weird ideas of having NPCs do the work for you when you have literally 200+ players in the zone, many guild warbands and the rest on PuG is alienating to me completely. Yes, there's a rather predictable morale bomb coming from attackers on P3 with the highest chance of success, but that's a problem coming from elsewhere, and not Fort design.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#17 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:21 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:14 am
toffikx wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:09 pm
EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:30 pm Forts are the peak of RvR especially in the first two stages.
What about the last stage?
I hope this wasn't one of those "smart" questions...
I didn't mention it because I know I'm in the minority that loves it very much, and I am very much open to some ideas about making it more interesting - including my own suggestion of widening the main door because Destro has no chance on Stonewatch/ShiningWay/Reikwald during EU primetime.

Saying things like "Forts suck lmao" and so on like people do in these threads in general is really annoying considering how much effort the very same people make about getting inside them under the pretense of "I have to do it". Weird ideas of having NPCs do the work for you when you have literally 200+ players in the zone, many guild warbands and the rest on PuG is alienating to me completely. Yes, there's a rather predictable morale bomb coming from attackers on P3 with the highest chance of success, but that's a problem coming from elsewhere, and not Fort design.
They wouldnt do the work for you. They would give you a sign and an opening to charge in. Sure if you think thats weird i cant really help you :S. Including npc is one of the most basic things in any mmo

growill

Post#18 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:48 am

I quite like the part where you're trying to break in or keep them out. It gives an actual feeling of bein at war trying to conquer a fort.

I think the 1 stage should have something been done about. It really doesn't have much sense this thing of running in circles. It was probably not meant to play that way, then people find a way to exploit it and needs to be fixed that's all

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#19 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:11 am

adapter wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:30 am
wonshot wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:32 pm I personally love forts, both defending and attacking.

Personally, forts are a bad game design, seriously, stack up 400 people in one small choke point for 30 minutes or so, brilliant!
"AoE spammer" sounds like an argument, when nearly every class is "AoE spamming" with 24 AoE cap.

R3xz

Post#20 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:43 am

M0rw47h wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:11 am
adapter wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:30 am

"AoE spammer" sounds like an argument, when nearly every class is "AoE spamming" with 24 AoE cap.
FeelsWE/WHman