Recent Topics

Ads

Trying to decide between WH and WL

Let's talk about... everything else
mestupmind

Trying to decide between WH and WL

Post#1 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Just found out my favorite MMO is back :) Hello everyone I am new but returning from the original game. I want to try a whole new play style than before which was AOE Maurader as well as something entirely new from my recent past MMO which have been mostly healers, tanks then casters. Haven't played a role like WH or WL in a MMO ever. Some opinions would be great to help me decide how to hunt down the stench of chaos. I do really enjoy WH in the lore of Warhammer and have read all the books if that might sway opinions.

Oh and I have always played the more villian side thus why I also want to try and be the heros plus it seems they can use the help to balance the server. Even though that might be a matter of perspective.

Ads
Serilian

Re: Trying to decide between WH and WL

Post#2 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:46 pm

I’d suggest playing both to get a feel for them as they play very different.
Personally I’d go for WL as they have great mobility on battlefield, good dmg and can survive a few hits. It’s real fun to play WL but you need to have pet around which can be annoying.
WH I think it’s probably hardest to play - it’s quite squishy - doing your job means killing healers in the backline which means you’ll be.l dead often away from everybody and during sieges it’s not much you might be able to do but I guess that might be try in both cases.
Most explosive melee are slayers on orders side, but again they play a lot different then both of the above.
I’d suggest try it out - get to about 30ish level and by then you’ll probably know😉

mestupmind

Post#3 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:55 pm

I did just start reading the gotrek and felix books. I did hear on a video they have explosive damage but also go down really fast. How good are they during sieges? Thats something my old pc couldnt handle well at all that my new one absolutely can that has me excited. Can a good WH get healers in the back and still survive a good amount of the time if played well? The thought of dieng after a kill 80% of the time does not seem fun.

Starx

Post#4 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:09 pm

WL basically does everything WH can but better while being in medium armor, having better AoE, burst, mobility, utility etc...

Playing WH is basically an exercise in frustration. Just be the king of jungle and don't look back.

mestupmind

Post#5 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Now I am seriously considering Slayer now its been mentioned.... That way whenever I die I can just pretend I keeped my oath of fighting until I had a glorious death lol. I suppose I might try all 3 to 30 then see what I prefer. IMO I think all three look great even the WL, love that fur collar.

Starx

Post#6 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Slayer is really good, but you'll need a buddy playing tank for guard, in general all MDPS need a guard but WL would be the most "independent" of the 3, slayer would be the most in need of guard.

flatfoot1987

Post#7 » Sat May 09, 2020 10:51 pm

Got both WL and WH around rr4x at the moment. With the current state of things WL looks like a better choice.

WH is cool if you like the gameplay style that comes with the class and it's not that hopeless. But honestly I just don't see a lot of reasons to roll a squishy WH with limited mobility over a medium-armored pouncing WL who prolly has the highest opening burst of all mdps classes currently
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

dirnsterer

Post#8 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:11 pm

As a WL you are a walking god amongst mere mortals, so go with WL. Slayer if you wanna be more group oriented.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#9 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:53 pm

I've only played a WH out of the three, but will say the general consensus is you will have to try 110% more as a WH than the other two.

If you dont like rogue type classes, don't bother. You should be comfortable playing solo or in groups with other WH more often than not hunting AAO.

That being said, I love the class and dont plan on rolling off my WH any time soon.

My group and I have also been messing around with a divine blast build for stalemates, keeps, and forts which works well with 1 or 2 healers, normally an AM for the morale pump, have gotten some really funny morale bombs off of that lol.

Nadril21

Post#10 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:51 am

Starx wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:09 pm WL basically does everything WH can but better while being in medium armor, having better AoE, burst, mobility, utility etc...

Playing WH is basically an exercise in frustration. Just be the king of jungle and don't look back.
This sums it up. Choose Witchunter if you are exceptionally fond of the aesthetics/lore of the Witchunter, but currently WL/SL/ASW will outperform it in almost all aspects of the game.

Unless you plan to exclusively solo roam RvR and utilize WH's only edge (Stealth ability to choose your fights and safe exit strategy), roll a WL.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior