Recent Topics

Ads

What happend to players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Lyckansost

What happend to players?

Post#1 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:45 pm

First I introduce myself, I have played mmorpgs for a long time. Started with daoc, l2, asheron's call, wow and many more. Now I am old and do not have the time, so I play super casual, have a bunch of guys at rr 30-50.
Must give everyone who works with this server super much love you do a great job!

Now to the topic:
Have been playing on and off on this server for a while maybe 9 months or so, but lately people have become so sickly aggressive and unpleasant when playing. If someone does not know what they should do exactly in all situations then someone whines and starts saying that he should stop playing / eras his character, etc. Played this game maybe 10 years ago so I know at least how to play I may not remember everything but those who just found the game can not know everything immediately .... I know it is annoying when people stand and attack the tanks, but don't start whining immediately that all orders / des are so damn bad and don't understand anything .. tell people about assist addons and choppa / marauders etc is a better target. You can't always kill healers, a zerg of melee in between and you're dead before you arrive. So stop saying kill healers **** newbies.

I usually never write on forums, but the last 5 times I have played, it has been a constant nagging that someone / some are so bad and should die etc. no fun to play then. Just writing in the hope that this really good server will continue to be just that.

Be a little humble and take it easy especially in T1 people cant know everything right away.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Re: What happend to players?

Post#2 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Everyones nerves are frayed with whats going on it the world

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Come to the dark side, we have cookies ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Wam

Post#4 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Lyckansost wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:45 pm First I introduce myself, I have played mmorpgs for a long time. Started with daoc, l2, asheron's call, wow and many more. Now I am old and do not have the time, so I play super casual, have a bunch of guys at rr 30-50.
Must give everyone who works with this server super much love you do a great job!

Now to the topic:
Have been playing on and off on this server for a while maybe 9 months or so, but lately people have become so sickly aggressive and unpleasant when playing. If someone does not know what they should do exactly in all situations then someone whines and starts saying that he should stop playing / eras his character, etc. Played this game maybe 10 years ago so I know at least how to play I may not remember everything but those who just found the game can not know everything immediately .... I know it is annoying when people stand and attack the tanks, but don't start whining immediately that all orders / des are so damn bad and don't understand anything .. tell people about assist addons and choppa / marauders etc is a better target. You can't always kill healers, a zerg of melee in between and you're dead before you arrive. So stop saying kill healers **** newbies.

I usually never write on forums, but the last 5 times I have played, it has been a constant nagging that someone / some are so bad and should die etc. no fun to play then. Just writing in the hope that this really good server will continue to be just that.

Be a little humble and take it easy especially in T1 people cant know everything right away.
Dying in pvp brings out the worse in people (not all, but some) even before people had increased anxiety. A few years ago we could talk to the other side, but because of a few bad apples that was taken away from us... because too much drama and harassment. Some people would even go as far to relog the other side (after the realm chat was disabled) just to harass people... the loud minority stand out more than the silent majority who just want to play and get on with things.

Learn to ignore such people and get thicker skin in my opinion... i've seen people been salty about losing a thunder valley sc, getting upset over something like this is beyond words and its a reflection of them rather than you, maybe they are going through heavy things and they poorly express themselves which makes them look pretty bad. Adding more negativity to situations rarely helps in sc, i find it kinda funny to see someone take low level pvp so serious.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

jokerspsycho

Post#5 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:26 pm

A few things imo.

Players here arent use to a larger influx of players to an already established game. So when the Peon'neers (stole this phrase) joined and were asking the same questions within seconds of each other, people start to get pissy.

In oRvR it's something similiar. People hate repetition. worse than that, they hate repeating failures.

Example, yesterday me and some friends were defending KV. Order chat wasnt to positive during the falling siege and less so when destro pushed into our inner door. As we repelled pushed chat begins to fill with "order pride!" Chants.

I watched a twitch video of the destro perspective today. They repelled keep push, "destro pride!" , they push outer, "DESTRO PRIDE!!!!!", First few failed pushes, "it's ok we still got this" , 20-30m of failed pushes "wow destro cant push for crap, destro sucks, stop standing around, xrealmers, afkers, etc"

It is the same on both sides. People don't enjoy losing and people REALLY dont enjoy identifying what they did wrong and could do better.

Asherdoom

Post#6 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:55 pm

problem with ppl in this game is that they need to go out their homes more ofter... the issue is that we are in quarantine so ppl get frustrated and vent their rage in game.

skinnyraf

Post#7 » Fri May 08, 2020 3:12 pm

I think I learned to tune it out when I was playing on retail, I don't even notice it nowadays. Epeen and frustration were always present on the chat.

But in contrast, the Advice channel is full of people ready to help. A random bloke gave me 10 crowns yesterday so I could buy a horse. People work their asses off in Region to organize the zerg.

Akalukz

Post#8 » Fri May 08, 2020 3:26 pm

/ignore is your friend
-= Agony =-

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri May 08, 2020 4:04 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:26 pm /ignore is your friend
This is too true. Once you filter out the regular complainers from your chat, the talk becomes far more civil. It really is a case of a few bad apples ruining the batch (or at least I found it was).
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Tartuccio

Post#10 » Fri May 08, 2020 4:07 pm

skinnyraf wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:12 pm I think I learned to tune it out when I was playing on retail, I don't even notice it nowadays. Epeen and frustration were always present on the chat.

But in contrast, the Advice channel is full of people ready to help. A random bloke gave me 10 crowns yesterday so I could buy a horse. People work their asses off in Region to organize the zerg.
Agreed, I think the toxicity in this game is overstated, there's barely any and most people are ready to offer advice. Well, except ranked, but that's a whole different discussion.
Lilias - 75 WH
Zileana - 65 BW
Azzanadra - 63 SW
Basilika - 57 AM