Recent Topics

Ads

What happend to players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Elemint

Re: What happend to players?

Post#11 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:42 pm

I... don't feel like anything's changed over the years - the same bitching has been happening forever except now it's been slightly intensified (the players' gear progression has been tied to the success of the realm) and there's a bigger playerbase, so there's just more of it.

Ads
Serilian

Post#12 » Fri May 08, 2020 6:07 pm

I remember from old retail days it was almost the same and then ppl paid like 10E monthly subscription😉 and game itself was a lot more unbalanced, BW/SORC Cc bomb squads. We’re cutting though everything on their path. Fun times seeking BW leading the charge.
But yeah just /ignore - the thing is that this game is quite slow, it’s not really fast paced pvp action so ppl have a lot of time to whin and abuse others😉
If you want to feel a bit more love - roll a healer and actually try focus on keeping your realm mates alive. You’d see a bit other side where you get thanked a lot. Just avoid ranked scs - lol, no love there😉👍🤔

Corander

Post#13 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:32 pm

I'm a middle aged gamer, 41. I started with EQ, DAoC, UO, and most games that came out since including War AoR. DAoC and AoR were my favorites. However, I'm older now and more casual. I have work, family, and going back to school. I just came back here a month ago and I've seen some good people and some bad. Honestly the thing I used to love about PC gamers over consoles was the community. Not so much of a hate fest.

Well, as soon as I got to T2 for the first time...solo queue'd in SC. I got put into a SC with preformed parties. I was the solo man in a group on my tank. One person started calling me loser, telling me to join the other party. I didn't even know that I needed to leave my group to join the other. I thought leaving would boot me from the Scenario. No one bothered to explain. That's the youth of today....uninstall...delete, quit playing, die, kill yourself. Well, I just put them on ignore and found a polite person to tell me how to switch groups.

Asherdoom

Post#14 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:59 pm

Corander wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:32 pm I'm a middle aged gamer, 41. I started with EQ, DAoC, UO, and most games that came out since including War AoR. DAoC and AoR were my favorites. However, I'm older now and more casual. I have work, family, and going back to school. I just came back here a month ago and I've seen some good people and some bad. Honestly the thing I used to love about PC gamers over consoles was the community. Not so much of a hate fest.

Well, as soon as I got to T2 for the first time...solo queue'd in SC. I got put into a SC with preformed parties. I was the solo man in a group on my tank. One person started calling me loser, telling me to join the other party. I didn't even know that I needed to leave my group to join the other. I thought leaving would boot me from the Scenario. No one bothered to explain. That's the youth of today....uninstall...delete, quit playing, die, kill yourself. Well, I just put them on ignore and found a polite person to tell me how to switch groups.
we became old grumblers eheheheh :D and yes ignore list is a nice function and make your life better

Darks63

Post#15 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:52 pm

Corander wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:32 pm I'm a middle aged gamer, 41. I started with EQ, DAoC, UO, and most games that came out since including War AoR. DAoC and AoR were my favorites. However, I'm older now and more casual. I have work, family, and going back to school. I just came back here a month ago and I've seen some good people and some bad. Honestly the thing I used to love about PC gamers over consoles was the community. Not so much of a hate fest.

Sadly i think you will find that alot of the people in the server are your age or older so its not kids/younger ppl being kunts it's just immature adults.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Maphyr

Post#16 » Fri May 08, 2020 10:27 pm

The 3500 population was never going to last. These private servers for 10-20 year old games are just nostalgia trips for most people.

Starx

Post#17 » Fri May 08, 2020 10:52 pm

City happens 2-3x less recently and it puts people in a shitty mood. It's sad but true :pensive:

Detangler

Post#18 » Sat May 09, 2020 4:56 am

Grumble about "no guard" and "don't attack tanks FFS" in T4? Sure, go for it. I know I've done that a couple times too many. Grumble about it in T1? Come on, there are legit new people and people just learning a new class type.

3 more scenario wins and you're 16 anyways, so kindly keep it to yourself and let people pew pew in peace....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Wideglide002

Post#19 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:54 am

I came Back and it was a blast. until I got to Invader, realized I'd likely never get it and don't play much now. played a couple alts but its not my Fav class.

Thanks to the Devs though I had a lot of fun here when I/we all really needed it

Just offering my personal reason to answer your question

WG

Corander

Post#20 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:20 pm

Maphyr wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:27 pm The 3500 population was never going to last. These private servers for 10-20 year old games are just nostalgia trips for most people.
It is a nostalgia trip for me. I almost getting teary eyed when I hit a new PQ and remember doing it with my coworkers back in the day. I actually think people like me are more likely to stay due to the nostalgia affect than the players whose this is their first time playing it.