Recent Topics

Ads

Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Post#31 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 pm

flatfoot1987 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:15 pm Tbh calling a PUG option an easy version is, well, it's completely the other way around. Premades effortlessly stomp PUGs while PUGs actually gotta work with what they have to end up getting at least something out of it.

Obviously we can't expect everyone to be honest but I'm sure that quite a lot of people who claim to be hellbent on 'competitive gameplay' actually want to defend their right to keep stomping pugs
This is how its easy. You know other people in the queue are trying to form a group to guarantee they win. So you have a couple of options.

You can be competitive and try to form a better group. Or you can give up and join a queue with other people that have no interest in being competitive.

That is the idea of a pug scenario and not really connected to what goes on in them. A pug scenario can be well matched so it ends up being fun and competitive.

IMO if you believe there is a big bad pre-made in the regular queue, you should want to crush it, show them they aren't **** and that you are better. You shouldn't try to avoid it. Avoiding that group is whats easy.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#32 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 pm

Just ban guilds from game, then have people run Discord organized groups so other people can start complaining about enemy using cheats like voicecoms and 3rd party software to gain unfair advantage in scenarios by using communations and teamwork.

M0rw47h

Post#33 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 pm Just ban guilds from game, then have people run Discord organized groups so other people can start complaining about enemy using cheats like voicecoms and 3rd party software to gain unfair advantage in scenarios by using communations and teamwork.
...and disable "/assist"! Nearly a "I win button"!

Wam

Post#34 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:04 pm

guild premades are players just like everybody else, they can all bleed and die

if they put in a little more effort and work, they deserve what they get... they usually looking to fight like minded people but the saying you can only beat whats infront of you...

also some pug players can be good individuals too, if you get enough of them working together you can even beat premade, granted its rare but not impossible. The issue i think is more the people who shy away from a challenge, if you get too many give up... QQ just because they see a guild tag and wipe once.

I filled in for my guildies playing a healer, that i never get to play was a nice change, didn't milk the event dry but i can imagine the reward being excessively high will bring out min maxers to farm it... event rewards should maybe be more cosmetic based, from what i saw it wasnt all clear cut roflstomps to either side being pushed back to your spawn is just part of BFP sc.

If you don't like enemy having team... its a team based mmo and nothing stopping you from forming your own. You can use /5 even.

If you make it pug then you will get some people falsely accused of gaming system when they just trying to earn their event rewards, like some of my guildies get false accused recently in pug sc (we are big active guild) only 2 scenarios running that time of day maximum... its easy to see how they end up in same one and people only care if they lose...
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#35 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:57 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:54 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 pm Just ban guilds from game, then have people run Discord organized groups so other people can start complaining about enemy using cheats like voicecoms and 3rd party software to gain unfair advantage in scenarios by using communations and teamwork.
I did advocate to not include /assist back when it was implemented, but was in the minority at the time. I always felt part of the skill of the game was lost when you don't need to have someone as a dedicated shot-caller and being able to identify targets rather than hitting your macro button felt like a bad turn. If anything, /assist makes the game more PUG friendly, not less. You know, if they figured out how to use it anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

M0rw47h

Post#36 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:21 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:57 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:54 pm
I did advocate to not include /assist back when it was implemented, but was in the minority at the time. I always felt part of the skill of the game was lost when you don't need to have someone as a dedicated shot-caller and being able to identify targets rather than hitting your macro button felt like a bad turn. If anything, /assist makes the game more PUG friendly, not less. You know, if they figured out how to use it anyway.
Sadly, "mature" people will rather complain in countless threads than decide who main assist is and make simple /assist macro to follow the chosen one.

IAko

Post#37 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:39 am

Goes back to orders general composition, destro premades are generally 2-2-2, premades on order far scarcer and even then are often not balanced, pugs obviously more so, when you're mostly up against 4-4-4 with compositions such as 1-9-2 then most of the time **** gon be bad.

Order generally has no frontline and even when it does have a frontline it chases kills and doesn't protect the backline like destro does. Destros healers are almost always more and are rarely under the same backline pressure as order healers, this means they can protect each other better making it even harder to kill the healers and they are able to res more keeping their frontline pressure high and repairing any holes in their backline faster.

These things appear to give destro big advantage in scenarios where 1 point is being contested, such as the current and previous weekend warfront, and less so in maps with multiple points being contested, such as Thunder Valley and Reikland Hills where its smaller groups fighting each other so more dps can burst down healers spread around a map.

Time of day also a factor, EU am destro feels stronger, EU prime order feels stronger - this is from my personal experience ofc.

Things I would like to see the type restricted matchmaking currently being rolled out for the ranked scenarios make its way to normal scenarios and cities so only multiples of 2-2-2 are in them but also have a pug/premade queue flag for both scenarios and cities too where queuing pug allows any composition against any composition. This would ofc cause less pops for a while as all the dps on order sit around waiting for queue pops before deciding to actually play tanks and healers and balance the faction (or quit I guess, there are always other considerations). This whole bit should probably be in another thread though.

edit: I'm also part of the problem, I've never been in a scenario premade, I don't join groups that require discord, I joined a guild whose discord channel pissed me off enough after 4 or 5 days I left again and I've got 2 tanks but theyre both 2H and I prefer playing dps characters anyway.

M0rw47h

Post#38 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:09 am

IAko wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:39 am edit: I'm also part of the problem, I've never been in a scenario premade, I don't join groups that require discord, I joined a guild whose discord channel pissed me off enough after 4 or 5 days I left again and I've got 2 tanks but theyre both 2H and I prefer playing dps characters anyway.
There is nothing wrong with 2H tanks in Scenarios, I'd even say 2H is the way to go there.

Ads
IAko

Post#39 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:26 am

M0rw47h wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:09 am
IAko wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:39 am edit: I'm also part of the problem, I've never been in a scenario premade, I don't join groups that require discord, I joined a guild whose discord channel pissed me off enough after 4 or 5 days I left again and I've got 2 tanks but theyre both 2H and I prefer playing dps characters anyway.
There is nothing wrong with 2H tanks in Scenarios, I'd even say 2H is the way to go there.
Yeah, have done ok and had fun on both my IB and SM tbh

Gothmoq

Post#40 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:00 am

Just reroll Destro and make your life easy