Recent Topics

Ads

Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Post#21 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:12 pm

I am against them having to create a pug version of these scenario events. If the solution to everything is just to make an easier version of it, what reason do people have to actually get better?

The one thing I can say specifically about the last event though was it was too hard to complete. In order to do all of those requirements you really had to stomp the other side a few times. I think there should only be a single queue, but people should be able to complete it just by playing it enough.

Ads
Tartuccio

Post#22 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:37 am

adamthelc wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:12 pm I am against them having to create a pug version of these scenario events. If the solution to everything is just to make an easier version of it, what reason do people have to actually get better?

The one thing I can say specifically about the last event though was it was too hard to complete. In order to do all of those requirements you really had to stomp the other side a few times. I think there should only be a single queue, but people should be able to complete it just by playing it enough.
Agreed on that point, at least on the Gates of Ekrund event you could do the cap the enemy team's flags objectives by just backcapping. In stuff like Praag it had to be a complete stomp. But the changes to Cairn makes it seem like it won't be like Praag which is nice.
Lilias - 75 WH
Zileana - 65 BW
Azzanadra - 63 SW
Basilika - 57 AM

Markon

Post#23 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 am

adamthelc wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:12 pm I am against them having to create a pug version of these scenario events. If the solution to everything is just to make an easier version of it, what reason do people have to actually get better?

I agree with the first thing.
However, i am very much against a participation award. It is not very hard even for someone who does not have much time to join a casual guild with like-minded people and it is usually not hard to group up. Discord is free for everyone and you can easily get coordinated. You do not even need everyone to communicate, usually, you just need 1 or 2 and the rest to listen, just by doing this the skill level multiplies by 10 and you have an easier time winning or at least having good fights.

It is an MMO built around groups, i simply do not understand why so many a hellbent on having it turned into a solo game, with 100 people running around like headless chickens.

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#24 » Fri May 08, 2020 6:37 am

courtsdad1 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:47 pm Whining doesnt work either. Adapt or die.
Define whining and get off your high horse too.

mytreds

Post#25 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:39 am

Akilinus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:14 pm Need to make a solo scenario where I can play vs bots. Otherwise I cant take part in the weekend warfront.
pls devs
:D well said

Ghostweed

Post#26 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:52 am

Kaelang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:45 pm
blondgelockt wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:57 pm
Kaelang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:16 pm This game isn't a solo game, and the weekend warfronts bring a new and competitive aspect to the weekends with guilds / friends enjoying the content.
Guild premades farming pugs is competitive gaming now? I know you guys want to force us into guilds, but it hasn't worked the last years, you think more of the same will change that?
Nobody is forcing you to play with a guild. But if you don't want to group, whilst playing group content, don't complain it's not fair for those people who are grouping to have the advantage.
Lol, did you forget what have you written: "Use /5 or find a guild to play with. This game isn't a solo game, and the weekend warfronts bring a new and competitive aspect to the weekends with guilds / friends enjoying the content."
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

Sulorie

Post#27 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:04 am

Ghostweed wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:52 am
Kaelang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:45 pm
Nobody is forcing you to play with a guild. But if you don't want to group, whilst playing group content, don't complain it's not fair for those people who are grouping to have the advantage.
Lol, did you forget what have you written: "Use /5 or find a guild to play with. This game isn't a solo game, and the weekend warfronts bring a new and competitive aspect to the weekends with guilds / friends enjoying the content."
What confuses you?
Dying is no option.

flatfoot1987

Post#28 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:15 pm

Tbh calling a PUG option an easy version is, well, it's completely the other way around. Premades effortlessly stomp PUGs while PUGs actually gotta work with what they have to end up getting at least something out of it.

Obviously we can't expect everyone to be honest but I'm sure that quite a lot of people who claim to be hellbent on 'competitive gameplay' actually want to defend their right to keep stomping pugs
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Ads
Akilinus

Post#29 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:15 pm

whats wrong with farming pugs?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

adamthelc

Post#30 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:28 pm

Markon wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 am

I agree with the first thing.
However, i am very much against a participation award. It is not very hard even for someone who does not have much time to join a casual guild with like-minded people and it is usually not hard to group up. Discord is free for everyone and you can easily get coordinated. You do not even need everyone to communicate, usually, you just need 1 or 2 and the rest to listen, just by doing this the skill level multiplies by 10 and you have an easier time winning or at least having good fights.

It is an MMO built around groups, i simply do not understand why so many a hellbent on having it turned into a solo game, with 100 people running around like headless chickens.
Live events are meant to be fun fluff content. They should very much be a participation award. If they don't want to get farmed while doing it they might want to field a decent group, but everyone should have no problem getting the event done.