Recent Topics

Ads

Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Let's talk about... everything else
Omegus

Re: Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Post#11 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:02 pm

As mentioned, the reason BFP was super competitve was because the top item gave +3% to all crit chances in the event slot. Previous warfronts weren't as bad as the rewards items aren't as powerful.

Personally, the worst thing about the Battle for Praag warfront was that it was Battle for Praag :(
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
toffikx

Post#12 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Akilinus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:14 pm Need to make a solo scenario where I can play vs bots. Otherwise I cant take part in the weekend warfront.
pls devs
A ”vs AI mode” in both scenarios and orvr is a brilliant idea. This is a PUG game after all and we PUGS are not interested in any form of e-peen pvp elitism. We also have real life obligations so we can’t be bothered.

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:16 pm This game isn't a solo game, and the weekend warfronts bring a new and competitive aspect to the weekends with guilds / friends enjoying the content.
Guild premades farming pugs is competitive gaming now? I know you guys want to force us into guilds, but it hasn't worked the last years, you think more of the same will change that?

Arbich
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:06 pm

toffikx wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:21 pm
Akilinus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:14 pm Need to make a solo scenario where I can play vs bots. Otherwise I cant take part in the weekend warfront.
pls devs
A ”vs AI mode” in both scenarios and orvr is a brilliant idea. This is a PUG game after all and we PUGS are not interested in any form of e-peen pvp elitism. We also have real life obligations so we can’t be bothered.
I generally agree, BUT it shouldn't be like the rat event scenario, where you had to lose sooner or later anyway due to ever increasing number of rat spawns. I don't like to lose!
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

flatfoot1987

Post#15 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:45 pm

I get the masterful irony demonstrated by several recent posts here but I never said that PUG gameplay should be rewarded for free or even on par with the top competitive players. There have to be different options.

The PUG scen option is one of the best decisions ever for example. Solo ranked looks promising as well.

There have to be equally viable ways to play for those who can afford to show up on time with voice comm and those who hop in for several fights a day on a random schedule. And they should have at least a couple of somewhat rewarding options to stay away from each other.

P.S. I get that people here also deny the existence of players who like to play in a 'win with whatever you have' environment
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Kaelang

Post#16 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:45 pm

blondgelockt wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:57 pm
Kaelang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:16 pm This game isn't a solo game, and the weekend warfronts bring a new and competitive aspect to the weekends with guilds / friends enjoying the content.
Guild premades farming pugs is competitive gaming now? I know you guys want to force us into guilds, but it hasn't worked the last years, you think more of the same will change that?
Nobody is forcing you to play with a guild. But if you don't want to group, whilst playing group content, don't complain it's not fair for those people who are grouping to have the advantage.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Akalukz

Post#17 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:45 pm
Nobody is forcing you to play with a guild. But if you don't want to group, whilst playing group content, don't complain it's not fair for those people who are grouping to have the advantage.
Your first answer says exactly that....
Spoiler:
Kaelang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:16 pm "I did try to form multiple premades (with other pug players) but we still couldn't do anything. In the end, I just played normal scenarios and couldn't take advantage of it."

So you're saying you tried to make a premade, but lost to a better premade, and now you want us to stop allowing premades all together?

Use /5 or find a guild to play with. This game isn't a solo game, and the weekend warfronts bring a new and competitive aspect to the weekends with guilds / friends enjoying the content.

We are asking for a PUG Scenario Warfront in the rotation... pretty simple.
-= Agony =-

courtsdad1

Post#18 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:47 pm

Whining doesnt work either. Adapt or die.

One of the bigger problems was that people didn't understand how the map worked and didnt take the time to learn. New day same story.

Friday Order was killing them. My win rate in all pugs was mid 80%. Time of day also matters greatly. I play at all different times of the day and night and there can be a noticeable difference.

Ads
Draugris

Post#19 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:12 pm

courtsdad1 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:47 pm Whining doesnt work either. Adapt or die.
Neither does insulting other people. The only thing the guy asked for was a weekend event pug scenario.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Tartuccio

Post#20 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:34 pm

I love all the sarcastic replies to OP pretending that he's asking for 100% win chance and bots when really all he is asking is for a pug queue to the weekend warfront.

Why would it be an issue? Sometimes pugging can be more fun than pubstomping all day in a premade wb. And as was mentioned before, the standard queue can of course be there if premades want to fight against each other and have a good, more organised fight.

The obvious answer would be that they just want to pubstomp, which is the same reason a lot of premades in cities actively try to avoid premades on the other side by watching streams/manipulating queue time to get matched against pugs. Not that anyone would admit that they do it personally.
Lilias - 75 WH
Zileana - 65 BW
Azzanadra - 63 SW
Basilika - 57 AM